OT: Eating near Northwell Health practice rink

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Brother and sister Islander fans on HF:

I am attending an age group swim meet at Nassau County Aquatic center (next to Northwell on Merrick Ave)
with twin 10 year old boys next week-end.

I was there last year but have spent little time in the area since many, many years ago and am not that familiar with eating spots nearby. Coming up from South Jersey area. Staying at the Hampton Inn.

Last year we ate at Bertucci's but it has closed. Can any of you recommend a good Italian place that is accommodating to two 10 year olds. We will be coming there right after the meet ends Friday and Saturday nights and they will be in their sweats so it should not be too fancy. I have Cafe Baci and Borelli's on my list. If you want, feel free to PM me.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
BillD.

LGI

Tuckisles

Oct 21, 2005

I am attending an age group swim meet at Nassau County Aquatic center (next to Northwell on Merrick Ave)

I was there last year but have spent little time in the area since many, many years ago and am not that familiar with eating spots nearby. Coming up from South Jersey area. Staying at the Hampton Inn.

Last year we ate at Bertucci's but it has closed. Can any of you recommend a good Italian place that is accommodating to two 10 year olds. We will be coming there right after the meet ends Friday and Saturday nights and they will be in their sweats so it should not be too fancy. I have Cafe Baci and Borelli's on my list. If you want, feel free to PM me.
Thanks,
BillD.

LGI
I always enjoyed Borellis when I would drive in from NJ to go to games.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY

Thanks,
BillD.

LGI

I grew up in this area and have an office nearby... Borelli's is not what it used to be... Baci is a good place but usually has a long wait. Borrelli's is more family oriented. If you want the best Italian food about 5 miles down Hempstead Turnpike in Levittown is Domenico's, really good Rigatoni Ala Vodka and Chicken Parmigiana and casual/family

Reactions: Costigan77

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Basically anything. It's everything by coliseum.

If you need a quick eat Jersey Mike's is now over there. Restaurant wise, majormet has the better choices.

karljans

Jul 11, 2014
Vincent's is a couple of exits away on Old Country Rd ( exit M1 on the Meadowbrook). Maggiano's Little Italy next to Roosevelt Field. There is also a Houlihan's, TGI Fridays and Buffalo Wild Wings right down the road on Merrick Ave if it does not necessarily have to be Italian. Baci's has a pretty good lunch menu on the weekends if you can get there before 3:00. It is also not as crowded then

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Vincent's is a couple of exits away on Old Country Rd ( exit M1 on the Meadowbrook). Maggiano's Little Italy next to Roosevelt Field. There is also a Houlihan's, TGI Fridays and Buffalo Wild Wings right down the road on Merrick Ave if it does not necessarily have to be Italian. Baci's has a pretty good lunch menu on the weekends if you can get there before 3:00. It is also not as crowded then

Vincent's has a great hot sauce, also long waits there and very noisy

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Might I suggest Olive Garden? You get as many bread sticks as you want!
That could be a winner.

Thanks to everyone who chipped in.
I'm pumped to see the new improvements at the rink.
I was there last year and was impressed, took pics of the Islander Wall of Fame.

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
is Hooters still there? always remember that was the place to go to when I was 16 years old and going to Islander games after, good times

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Guy's, one more place if you can comment. Cafe Formaggio in Carle Place.
We need casual because we will have 2 ten year olds coming right from a swim meet at across Merrick at Nassau County Aquatic at 6PM.
Anyone familiar with this place?
Thanks again...still unwinding from last nights mess in Tampa lol.

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Guy's, one more place if you can comment. Cafe Formaggio in Carle Place.
We need casual because we will have 2 ten year olds coming right from a swim meet at across Merrick at Nassau County Aquatic at 6PM.
Anyone familiar with this place?
Thanks again...still unwinding from last nights mess in Tampa lol.

Cafe Fromaggio is a decent choice. Not the most casual place though dress wise

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
I got a fly in my food from Vincent’s. I told the waitress. She said “well, it’s like when you cook at home. Sometimes flys get there.”

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Thanks to everyone for their input.

LGI. Win tonight and beat that monkey off our backs <Butchie>

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad