OT: Eastside Hockey Manager Thread: "We're all better GMs than DW" Edition

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Seems like all the EHM talk is starting to take over the OT thread so I figured why not just make a separate thread for it. Discuss anything to do with the game and how infuriating it is to make any decent trades unless you get lucky.

So that Sabres team I made while messing around with the control multiple GMs function is undefeated so far. Which sucks because they blew out my Sharks team like 8-5. :-(

Also McDavid sucks. He only has 1 point in 15 games so far for me.

Last edited by a moderator:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
McDavid's stats are pretty absurd after 4 years. I've entered rebuild mode a year after Marleau left me :(

Although Thornton leaving was like a non-issue.

I've also found it's reasonably easy to trade for the 1st overall at the draft.

Last edited:

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
Won a cup in my 1st season yesterday. Lundqvist was ****ing insane in cup final. I honestly thought he would steal the series from me all by himself. I went up 2-0, but King Henrik put the team on his back, and stole 2 OT wins to tie the series. But even in a video game, there's only so much 1 player can do...

How the **** do you advance to the next day? I'm trying to hit continue in the top right, but that is doing nothing.
If you are unable to hit continue, then you may currently be doing something that wont allow you to skip to next day (offering a trade, viewing lines, etc), so just back out of there, and try again.

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
Also, I already told Foofs this, but ****ing DW randomly quit on me like 1 week into the season as my assistant GM. I tried hiring him back, but he basically told me to **** off...now nearly 10 month's later, he still remains unemployed, and I have a cup ring. :laugh:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
If you are unable to hit continue, then you may currently be doing something that wont allow you to skip to next day (offering a trade, viewing lines, etc), so just back out of there, and try again.

I'll have to try that later.

How do you make an offer to a free agent? I looked all over for it and couldn't find it.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
To see free agents I think it's view shortlist -> then click player search -> then filter to NHL free agents

Then click the persons name and in the top right corner under actions or whatever click that and on the drop down menu theres an option to offer a contract.

I also finally beat Buffalo. In Buffalo. After years of being destroyed by them whether they were the super buffalo team or the bottom feeding tank for mcdavid team. Finally feels good to have dominated them.

ztJMJod.png

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I haven't played EHM in years. I don't even know where to begin again on even downloading the game. haha

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
So, I proposed a trade, so I guess that's why I can't advance the day. I have to cancel the offer then in order to sim it?

Yea pretty much. It happens a lot with a bunch of stuff. Just click the continue button and it'll take you to the page that you need to cancel.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Found an epic trade:

Griffin Reinhart + Nick Leddy for Brenden Dillon + Darcy Ashley (Canadian College UFA in year 1) + Rights to Fredrik Bergvik.

ClicheGuevara

Mar 29, 2004
San Jose, CA
I have no idea what I'm doing. Haven't had much luck drafting at all and my prospects haven't progressed much. I thought I was doing a good job of deploying my scouts, but by the middle of the draft none of the players have ratings anymore. In my third year Hertl started with ~5 points in 20 or so games, so I gave him an Official Warning for poor performance. Now he's been wanting a trade for a few months. Unlike the rest of you, I am not doing better than DW. Still enjoying the sim, though.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I have no idea what I'm doing. Haven't had much luck drafting at all and my prospects haven't progressed much. I thought I was doing a good job of deploying my scouts, but by the middle of the draft none of the players have ratings anymore. In my third year Hertl started with ~5 points in 20 or so games, so I gave him an Official Warning for poor performance. Now he's been wanting a trade for a few months. Unlike the rest of you, I am not doing better than DW. Still enjoying the sim, though.

Where are you sending your scouts?

I trade Hertl and Thornton year one as they never do well.

ClicheGuevara

Mar 29, 2004
San Jose, CA
Where are you sending your scouts?

I trade Hertl and Thornton year one as they never do well.

Generally its to the U-20 tournaments when they're active, the Canadian major junior leagues, USHL, NAHL, specific countries targeting ages 17-19, college conferences, and some of the smaller N. American leagues like BCHL, AJHL..

I put Hertl on the block but was getting **** offers, like 4th round picks and Robyn Regehr or Barret Jackman and a pick.

Last edited:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

I send my scouts everywhere in the nations and regions menu and then once they're done with that, I tell them to scout draft. It's worked out decently. Hertl was having a bad year early on but he's been my best player for like 3-4 years now.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Generally its to the U-20 tournaments when they're active, the Canadian major junior leagues, USHL, NAHL, specific countries targeting ages 17-19, college conferences, and some of the smaller N. American leagues like BCHL, AJHL..

I put Hertl on the block but was getting **** offers, like 4th round picks and Robyn Regehr or Barret Jackman and a pick.

Only smaller leagues you should scout are ECAC and other high-profile college leagues. Try covering your bases and scouting 'NHL Entry Draft' as well as countries like Canada, USA, Russia, Sweden, Finland etc.

Also, I always assign scouts to my AHL and NHL teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad