Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (BOS Leads 3-2)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 94 6.2%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 20.4%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 443 29.4%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 258 17.1%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 21 1.4%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.5%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 191 12.7%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 153 10.2%

• Total voters

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
The refs are going to be a massive problem in this series.
Just no Wes McCauley or Chris Lee, that's all I ask. Literally anyone else, just please not them. I think all officials (like players) have good and bad games, but those two guys are completely biased and should not be allowed to officiate a Leafs game. Just give me anyone else and I don't care lol, I will lose my shit if we get either of them.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Just no Wes McCauley or Chris Lee, that's all I ask. Literally anyone else, just please not them. I think all officials (like players) have good and bad games, but those two guys are completely biased and should not be allowed to officiate a Leafs game. Just give me anyone else and I don't care lol, I will lose my shit if we get either of them.
You just KNOW Wes McCauley is reffing at least two of these games.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
This either gonna be bruins in 4 or leafs in 7.

Might be the dallas cowboy fan in me but it does feel different for this leaf team. For all the junk Sammy got thrown at him hes played florida decently in the last two playoff series

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Sens fan climbing on the Bruins train. I can't even imagine the level of toxicity and bravado should the Laffs win.
Let's go Bruiuiins!!
they beat tampa last year and immediately shit down the side of their leg in the next round lol
AND the Bruins maybe possibly purposefully "tanked" in order to play the Leafs viewing them as an easy out.

No one actually believes this except leafs fans looking to create their own narratives

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Sens fan climbing on the Bruins train. I can't even imagine the level of toxicity and bravado should the Laffs win.
Let's go Bruiuiins!!

No more than last year. Honestly this year it would be fun for the fact no one thinks they can win but we won a round in recent memory it won't be nearly as impactful as last years win was.

• Haha
Reactions: Race Dawg
OT New

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Leafs finally win in 6 vs Boston. Matthews and CO will continue to do very little compared to what they get paid and their ice time. Regular season p***yes. Real hero will be Bertuzzi.

(Mod)

Last edited by a moderator:

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I don’t think either team is great and this is the best match up both could expect. More than likely this is the only chance either have at winning a round.

Someone has to win Leafs in 6

Mar 26, 2010
While I admire the effort of other Leafs fans in the thread

I'm very much done making excuses for these guys.
Toronto has no chance in winning this series. The goaltending is outrageously bad. You can pretty much expect Swayman to be in top forum to start. Likely shuts the Leafs out. That will be the difference.

Reactions: sampollock

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Toronto has no chance in winning this series. The goaltending is outrageously bad. You can pretty much expect Swayman to be in top forum to start. Likely shuts the Leafs out. That will be the difference.
They have a chance; don't kid yourself.

However, they'll need a shift in the way they handle the series emotionally/mentally, which is the real hurdle.

Samsonov providing good to decent goaltending will be important, but if they fade away when Boston has the momentum or is controlling the tempo of the game, then not much has changed. Often, against Boston, 1-0 or 2-1 scores turn into 1-5 or 6-2 types of games, which is indicative of not being able to emotionally keep in check against them.

If they can alter this, then we've seen growth; if not, then. It's the same old.

Reactions: Peasy

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020

Say it with me friends:

"Goalies are voodoo"

If Sammy of the 2nd half of the season shows up the goaltending is solid

Mar 26, 2010
They have a chance; don't kid yourself.

However, they'll need a shift in the way they handle the series emotionally/mentally, which is the real hurdle.

Samsonov providing good to decent goaltending will be important, but if they fade away when Boston has the momentum or is controlling the tempo of the game, then not much has changed. Often, against Boston, 1-0 or 2-1 scores turn into 1-5 or 6-2 types of games, which is indicative of not being able to emotionally keep in check against them.
Samsonov has not been playing good at all. He has been awful, just as he has been his entire career. Woll is an AHL goalie. I think Boston wraps this series up in 4 or 5.

Say it with me friends:

"Goalies are voodoo"

If Sammy of the 2nd half of the season shows up the goaltending is solid
Don’t agree.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
they beat tampa last year and immediately shit down the side of their leg in the next round lol

No one actually believes this except leafs fans looking to create their own narratives
Creating fake narratives never stopped anyone with the dumb BS about the fans chanting last year lol classic MJ thing, it doesn't need to be true, you just need to believe. Florida believed that shit and used it to motivate them. The Leafs should do the same thing.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Should be intense. Some key characters still in lineups from last time we met. Brutal battle of wills. New additions to the chaos, but in the end, it will be goaltending that will decide, as always. I’m not sure which version of Samsonov will show up. But we have three goalies not playing well this last week. Keefe has to prove he can out-coach someone.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

Much as I don't like the whole ref conspiracy theory idea. Wes McCauley and the Leafs are just... weird. Have they ever won a game he's reffed of theirs?

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Bruins PP is embarrassingly worthless which gives Toronto's goaltending a chance. Playoff teams should be around 40% in a series against the Toronto defense/goalies, but the Bruins will be lucky to reach 10%.

Special teams will decide this series. Bruins PK and goaltending will need to shut down the lethal Toronto PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad