Early look at 2020 QMJHL draft so far

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
I think Dumais has been the best of the bunch since the second year of Bantam. Vidicek and Rozzi are close after. They both play a much more well rounded game and are very smart with and without the puck. Rozzi is probably the least impactful or dominant in terms of skill, but he has the size they don't have. Dumais is probably the most offensively gifted of the bunch, his creativity and skill level are off the charts. As for Swan, I don't think his skill or hockey sense are close to the other three, but his motor and compete level (absolutely incredible) allow him to have as big an impact.
Yea Dumais closed the gap, Rozzi was always very Lean, I found that hurt him. Rozzi scores goals, that was always his game.

not it’s not, but that and his shot are ridiculous, he’s pretty fast and strong to. It’s apples to oranges to be honest, but they’ll all be interesting next year.

Prospectsfinest

Jan 24, 2020
Anyone know what the intentions are of the kids that didn’t play Q last year? I’m assuming Mastrodomenico, Morin, Hopkins, Charbonneau, Lastarza, are keeping their NCAA commitments. What about Delafontaine, Rozzi, D’Orazio, Higgan, Maclean, Beauregard, Roy. Just guys from first 3 rounds I know there are more.

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
Leo St-Michel, 3rd round pick by Baie Comeau in 2020 made the team last year over there at 16 years old. He decided not to report this year and was traded to Blainville. Nontheless, he preferred to join our team here in Sorel in the Collegial Division 1 league, He's having quite a start with 14 goals and 19 points in only 10 games.

I wonder what this kid will decide to do in the next few years. He can't play here for 2 more years as he's already burning the league. If he decides to go back, Blainville will add a hell of a forward.

Last edited:

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Leo St-Michel, 3rd round pick by Baie Comeau in 2020 made the team last year over there at 16 years old. He was poorly treated by the coaching staff as he played only 6 games. Play is a big word here. Let's just say that he was invited to sit on the bench instead of in the stands,

This year he decided not to report and was traded to Blainville. Nontheless, he preferred to join our team here in Sorel in the Collegial Division 1 league, He's having quite a start with 14 goals and 19 points in only 10 games (a couple of empty netter yesterday but 12 clear goals anyway).

I wonder what this kid will decide to do in the next few years. He can't play here for 2 more years as he's already burning the league. If he decides to go back, Blainville will add a hell of a forward.

That said, Blainville is probably not the right place for him. They have a lot of depth already with guys like Antoine Roy, Colby Huggan, Jonathan Fauchon, Mikael Denis all in depth roles and still young. Plus they have two first round picks in Bourque and Boisselle who will need to play next year. I don't think St-Michel would work there. One place I could see him succeed is actually Drummondville, close to home.

Reactions: Prospect Tracker

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
Swan has the most UPSIDE of the 3 players need to work on speed, Dumais can score, it can help his case but if he doesn't, he won't be effective , Vidicek can be good shut down player, if he can keep up with the speed of the game.

What do you think of Dumais season so far? Skills and IQ are off the chart.

ccmribcore

May 13, 2021
What do you think of Dumais season so far? Skills and IQ are off the chart.

Watched last week end games.

Playing on the 1st line with Desnoyers & L’heureux helps, but he delivers.
Skills, definitely way above in his age group. He manages his stick to beat his opponent and progress forward with the puck. I also appreciated his net presence, not in terms of goalie interference, but being outside the creast and wisely positioned to collect rebounds. Was not able to judge playing in his own zone as they did not spent much time there (which is good!)

Now can this type of game translate to the next level where it is more “give n go”? In junior, he can surely holds to the puck for a long time, put playing with less possession time is a different game.

He can probably adapt I guess. Fun player to watch.

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
That said, Blainville is probably not the right place for him. They have a lot of depth already with guys like Antoine Roy, Colby Huggan, Jonathan Fauchon, Mikael Denis all in depth roles and still young. Plus they have two first round picks in Bourque and Boisselle who will need to play next year. I don't think St-Michel would work there. One place I could see him succeed is actually Drummondville, close to home.
There is another 17 years old burning the league and he plays for Lennoxville. Came in Sorel a couple of times and I was impressed by his skills,IQ and compete. Wintersun: Do you know this kid?

Last edited:

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
There is another 17 years old burning the league and he plays for Lennoxville. Came in Sorel a couple of times and I was impressed by his skills,IQ and compete. Wintersun: Do you know this kid?

Probably talking about Thomas Begin? I was surprised he didn't make Sherbrooke this year. He's a local kid too.

Was a round 4-5 guy to me in his draft year, and I still expect him to make it to the Q next season.

Smart playmaker.

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
Probably talking about Thomas Begin? I was surprised he didn't make Sherbrooke this year. He's a local kid too.

Was a round 4-5 guy to me in his draft year, and I still expect him to make it to the Q next season.

Smart playmaker.

You were right.

Was traded for a 5th and recalled in Chicoutimi during the break. Tremblay from Alma also recalled in Baie Comeau.

Vezina-Fusey left for AJHL. Late 18 years old with good potential who might end up in USports in a few years.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad