News Article: EA Sports NHL 16 to feature the Winnipeg Whiteout

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?EA%2bSports%2bNHL%2b16%2bto%2bfeature%2bthe%2bWinnipeg%2bWhiteout&id=540975

"the Winnipeg Whiteout will be in full force at the virtual MTS Centre"

HFBoards, circa 2032

"The Whiteout was created by EA Sports to market NHL 16 so I will NEVER support eeet!"

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?EA%2bSports%2bNHL%2b16%2bto%2bfeature%2bthe%2bWinnipeg%2bWhiteout&id=540975

"the Winnipeg Whiteout will be in full force at the virtual MTS Centre"

That's awesome !!:handclap:

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Overall, NHL 16 will be worth the money if you don't have a specific wish they miss out on (like editing players). If you'll be looking for a well rounded hockey simulation with all the gameplay modes you missed in NHL 15 and the actually very very good gameplay on the ice, NHL 16 will be a must buy.

They ****ed up NHL 15. Besides the gameplay, it's a joke of a full-price game (they lowered the price quite a lot relatively soon btw, if you get it for 30 bucks, go for it). NHL 16 though will be the exact game everyone wanted when NHL 15 was released. The only problem is: They are one year behind what you would expect.

Talking about NHL 16, the hate bashing around here is a little uncalled.

Bring it back to pc ffs!

Unfortunately, this has an about 5% chance of happening over the next 5 years. Or in other words: Nope.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
The EA NHL franchise is in serious need of some real competition. Worst thing to happen to NHL gaming was that 2k Sports lost its marbles.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
The EA NHL franchise is in serious need of some real competition. Worst thing to happen to NHL gaming was that 2k Sports lost its marbles.

This though is completely true. Imagine playing an NBA game but not having the 2k series? Have fun playing NBA Live from EA :laugh:

FIFA wouldn't be what it is without the competition of Pro Evolution Soccer from Japan.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
Here is what I don't understand about their plan.
They scrap GM Connected because it is apparently a little used mode (which may be because of how horribly slow and buggy it was, but who knows).

They state they want to focus on more popular modes and things that'll be experienced by more people. Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but their two most popular modes are HUT and EASHL; neither of which will be affected by authentic arenas or playoff beards (to pick just the low hanging fruit here). How exactly is this a good use of development money? I realize the art team is different from the features team etc etc, but it just makes me doubt that they are focusing on the most important part of the experience.

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
They scrap GM Connected because it is apparently a little used mode (which may be because of how horribly slow and buggy it was, but who knows).

They state they want to focus on more popular modes and things that'll be experienced by more people. Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but their two most popular modes are HUT and EASHL; neither of which will be affected by authentic arenas or playoff beards (to pick just the low hanging fruit here). How exactly is this a good use of development money? I realize the art team is different from the features team etc etc, but it just makes me doubt that they are focusing on the most important part of the experience.

EA has consistently been voted the worst company in the world, that is how (although this year they weren't).
http://www.cnet.com/news/how-electronic-arts-stopped-being-the-worst-company-in-america/

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER

Why do you think authentic arenas or playoff bears take up the majority if their development money? They had to completely re-insert the EASHL mode for NHL 16. THIS took probably a lot more of their developement money compared to the additional arena details. Thing is: Gaming advertising and presenting new features works best with visual changes. There won't be many visual changes because they've done 90% of it already for NHL 15 but the game modes lacked (SOOO many people screamed for EASHL if you take a look at comment sections). So they worked mainly on bringing back and adding things to the game modes but don't get me wrong: This should have been done already. In NHL 15. But they ****ed up or their deadline made them **** it up.

So now they have to advertise their new features. Most of them are bullet points that are hard to communicate (game mode features that are overdue and they know it like THE FREAKING POSSIBILITY TO SIMULATE UP TO YOUR NEXT SHIFT IN BE A PRO YOU FRB/$G DIITOSOT!!!!!). One: Because you can't do a great in-game rendered trailer scene about options and two: Because they can't really be proud about them because they already had all of them in the old-gen versions and missed to add them to NHL 15.

Long story short: Growing beards is awesome - buy our game.

Last edited:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Ea sports; "Hey let's add the whiteout and playoff beard, maybe then no one will realize how crappy this game is."
It's almost like politics with this terrible franchise. Please someone for the love of all that is hockey, invest some money into a new hockey gaming franchise, that actually gives a crap about more than just pay to play features..

White Out 403*

new scoreboard?

they still cant get our goal horn right.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad