Confirmed with Link: Dzingel To CBJ

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I love reclamation projects. If he turns into another Paajarvi, that's a good win and the threshold to meet that requirement is reasonable.

If not, oh well.

These are the kinds of things that help me stay interested. If the team isn't going to compete, reclamation projects make me at least consider watching.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
I think it goes like this: we get a second this year, and a first in 2020. If he re-signs, we also get a second in 2021, which becomes a first if they make the Cup final this year.

Exactly. So we all need to be rooting Sharks in the West. No excuse to cheer for anyone else.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Not a chance an arbitrator goes above 2M on him, and the team gets to decide on 1 or 2 years in length. Chiasson being a comparable imo, and he got 1.2M

We also are going to need to meet the floor, so I can't see them not qualifying him.

What I can see is us trading him today or tomorrow.

He's on pace for 17 goals right now and might get a greater role on the Senators. He's also got almost 300 games played already in his career which is another factor in arbitration.

Arbitration can be a crap shoot. The Capitals did the same thing with Connolly after a 15 goal season. Granted, they were in a different situation because it was a cap issue and not a salary issue.

I am not saying this is likely to happen, but if you're looking for all angles of the trade as it related to Duclair, it's something that should be pointed out. His arbitration eligibility will 100 percent play a factor in what the Senators do with him come the off season.

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
Just for reference, from the 2010 draft, the skaters selected in the 2nd round have averaged 159 games and 22 goals in their careers to date. Dzingel will probably score 150 -200 goals. Hopefully Duclair will return to previous form...

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Just for reference, from the 2010 draft, the skaters selected in the 2nd round have averaged 159 games and 22 goals in their careers to date. Dzingel will probably score 150 -200 goals. Hopefully Duclair will return to previous form...

Eh, in Dzingel's draft year, you could have had Saad, Kucherov, Jenner, Rask, or William Karlsson with a 2nd round pick and that doesn't include guys like Pageau, Gaudreau, Trocheck, or Palat picked in later rounds.

Obviously the odds are better to keep the player, but hoping Duclair returns to form isn't the answer, identifying the right pick to make when you hit the podium is.

Reactions: swiftwin

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I'm fine with the Dzingel trade. Honestly always felt like he was an asset to sell high and not a core player, so it feels like the return is at least something intriguing and time will tell how it plays out.

Yep, agreed pretty much entirely with this.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this is Dzingel's career season. We sold gim at his highest peak, IMO. If Duclair can figure his s**t out and actually turn into a dependably good 3rd line player for us, it's actually a pretty good return for a guy with Dzingel's ceiling.

Reactions: swiftwin

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005

I get that bruce’s job is literally to send out whatever message the organization tells him to, but it seems unbelievably petty to sewer Dzingel on the way out for not “going into the corners.”

My respect level for Bruce went from 0 to -1

Every single time Bruce rags on Dzingel, Dzingel scores.

Expect Dzingel to get a hat trick next game for Columbus.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I see dzingel averaging somewhere from 20 to 25 into his early 30s before he dips and losses his speed.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

I get that bruce’s job is literally to send out whatever message the organization tells him to, but it seems unbelievably petty to sewer Dzingel on the way out for not “going into the corners.”

My respect level for Bruce went from 0 to -1

Yeah Bruce sewered Dzingel on his way out. Not surprising coming from this person[mod]

Full on character assassination.

Last edited by a moderator:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If anything, I expect Dzingel to continue getting better more than regressing. He just kept getting better and better. Don't underestimate the guy.

He also has the pedigree as a big time/productive player everywhere he been.

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I agree with the idea Dzingel isn't a big loss without context. I wouldn't have listed him as an untouchable.... but we suck balls, we shipped out one star player and are trying to ship out another and we just lost Dzingel a 20 goal scorer. It's a huge deal to this team.

foggyvisor

Jun 28, 2018
I agree with the idea Dzingel isn't a big loss without context. I wouldn't have listed him as an untouchable.... but we suck balls, we shipped out one star player and are trying to ship out another and we just lost Dzingel a 20 goal scorer. It's a huge deal to this team.

How is it a huge deal if we are already in last place with no plans to not be in last place for a while?

West Coast Eagles

Sep 24, 2008
Bne
Reading Bruce Garrioch's article was a big waste of time.

Really, I had reservations about reading the article in the first place and reading it was probably the wrong decision. Sure he has made 22 good points in his career in Ottawa and averaged 44 donuts a week this season but he is hardly a good journalist at this stage in his career.

People might, against all odds, like Bruce because of his superficial quick hits about the team, but in all honesty he can't be bothered putting in any time actually investigating anything of substance or reporting on any of the myriad of issues currently surrounding the Ottawa Senators. Local media will continue to find some value with his shill like contributions as a mouthpiece for the senators in the foreseeable future as he continues to raise revenues at local Tim Horton franchises.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Exactly. So we all need to be rooting Sharks in the West. No excuse to cheer for anyone else.

Winnipeg - Canadian team.

How is what Garrioch said about Dzingel any different than what a number of people have said about him on here & in this thread? It was said after the trade which people may not like but isn't that when a comment is expected by the media regarding the trade? If it was Smith, Ceci or Boro I guess it would be okay to crap on them on their way out the door since they aren't very well liked on here.

My guess was that he was going to be moved because Formenton was likely going to eventual replace him maybe as soon as next season & clearly they are going younger.

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Winnipeg - Canadian team.

How is what Garrioch said about Dzingel any different than what a number of people have said about him on here & in this thread? It was said after the trade which people may not like but isn't that when a comment is expected by the media regarding the trade? If it was Smith, Ceci or Boro I guess it would be okay to crap on them on their way out the door since they aren't very well liked on here.

My guess was that he was going to be moved because Formenton was likely going to eventual replace him maybe as soon as next season & clearly they are going younger.

A sensible post and not one juvenile comment about Garioch's weight. I swear it's like talking to children in this forum.

Reactions: aragorn

West Coast Eagles

Sep 24, 2008
Bne
A sensible post and not one juvenile comment about Garioch's weight. I swear it's like talking to children in this forum.
I'm happy to take suggestions on that part of my satire. I wrote it quickly and am rather hungover so it was a low hanging fruit. Not particularly proud of that part but given his penchant for slandering players after they leave, stuff him. It just makes my blood boil how the club/some media have to try and belittle players as soon as they leave. Its transparent, rubbish and unnecessary. Which was the entire point of my post, its unnecessary. Which is why I was ok posting it with it's current content because it's not really the content of that post that is important.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
The Dzingel trade is not a big win but neither is it a loss. I'm ok with it. 2 seconds is fair since I'm guessing no one put a 1st down on the table without any strings attached. If we count the 7th (Calgary) as payment for Duclair then it probably wasn't needed since I suspect it was a contract dump for the CBJ anyway and could have been a throw-in.

That said I liked Duclair when he was drafted and was hoping the Sens would pick him. His career hasn't taken off but he had one good season with the Yotes. He's still youngish and an intriguing player with potential so you never know. Anyway if the 7th was the price then it was low for a cheap pending RFA roster fill that they can walk away from if they so chose.

Dzingel priced himself out of the market if the ask was as some have suggested above $5.5M per on a long term deal. I' ll be surprised if he gets that much anywhere else as a UFA except on a shorter term contract.

I give Dorion a pass on this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad