Confirmed with Link: Dzingel for Paquette and Galchenyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Dont get your knickers in a twist, if anything I agree with you on that I doubt Dzingle was actually offered that exact contract.

I wasn't speaking about anyone in particular.

True, and I agree completely with your post; I was just confused why you used my post as the example because it was purely opinion based(since I said "think"), and not speculative or rumor-worded. If it happens all the time, then there were better posts to use to get your point across, and I say that respectfully cause I agree it's a big concern--but even I did not know your point until I read the replies :P

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I actually like that Dzinger gets 2 weeks off to heal/workout/skate/get pumped up to rejoin the senators.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I think Clb and Car were two poor fits for Dzingel. Not sur the DJ Smith system is any better tbh, but Duclair never seemed like a good fit either and he managed to have an impact.

If he is going to succeed he needs to be a supporting player on a scoring line,with Tkachuk, and Stützle ahead of him, it might be tough to find that role...

If we do call up logan Brown like they said they planned, and the rumour about trying to trade Stepan come to fruition we might see something like this:

Tkachuk-L.Brown-Batherson
Stützle-White-Dadonov
Dzingel-Norris-Watson
Paul-Tierney-Brown

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Zub
Reilly-Gudbranson

Reactions: pzeeman and Gesus

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
I could see galchenyuk actually fitting in to the bottom of the Toronto lineup for some more scoring. Not that they need it but hey why not.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I could see galchenyuk actually fitting in to the bottom of the Toronto lineup for some more scoring. Not that they need it but hey why not.

They have a crowded bottom 6:
Spezza - lock
Kerfoot - lock
Simmonds - injured, lock
Robertson - injured, near lock
Mikheyev - near lock, inside track
Engvall - inside track
Boyd - fringe inside track
Vesey - fringe
Petan - fringe
Brooks - fringe
Anderson - fringe
Barabanov - fringe

And that's behind their top 6 of Joe/Matthews/Marner/Tavares/Nylander/Hyman. Galch may well get in but he will need to do a lot to stick.

Reactions: Icelevel

Icelevel

Sep 9, 2009
We have two young players in Belleville a half step from making Ottawa formenton and brown

Stepan takes browns number and dzingel takes formentons number. Of all the numbers. 21 and 10 were the only ones taken by the next guys in line. I’m not saying anything here but it’s a really funny/strange coincidence (?)

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Like the deal since I was never a big fan of Galchenyuk nor Paquette. Should have kept Duclair instead of Galch. Also should have targeted Joseph instead of Paquette from TB.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
We have two young players in Belleville a half step from making Ottawa formenton and brown

Stepan takes browns number and dzingel takes formentons number. Of all the numbers. 21 and 10 were the only ones taken by the next guys in line. I’m not saying anything here but it’s a really funny/strange coincidence (?)
Not really, Dzingel said it was between that or 81. Nothing to do with Formenton.

cudi

Mojo So Dope
Feb 2, 2020

Doesn't Formenton wear 59 when he's been in Ottawa anyways? I know it was probably a training camp number but sometimes they grow on guys (or did he make the switch in the offseason?). Could also rock 80 which he wore in London.

Reactions: Icelevel

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
They have a crowded bottom 6:
Spezza - lock
Kerfoot - lock
Simmonds - injured, lock
Robertson - injured, near lock
Mikheyev - near lock, inside track
Engvall - inside track
Boyd - fringe inside track
Vesey - fringe
Petan - fringe
Brooks - fringe
Anderson - fringe
Barabanov - fringe

And that's behind their top 6 of Joe/Matthews/Marner/Tavares/Nylander/Hyman. Galch may well get in but he will need to do a lot to stick.
Shame on you for knowing the Leafs' roster so well!

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Interesting in his radio piece that he stated he "had" to go back to the US, for his wife and personal reasons. Sounds like there may be a health issue, and he pretty much intimated that and didn't want to get into it...but is happy to be back and left on good terms

Reactions: RedWhiteBlackGold

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Like the deal since I was never a big fan of Galchenyuk nor Paquette. Should have kept Duclair instead of Galch. Also should have targeted Joseph instead of Paquette from TB.

Joseph would have been a good target but considering he is making 700k compared to Paquette's 1.65 million, Tampa surely wasn't looking to move him.

Reactions: Boud

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Joseph would have been a good target but considering he is making 700k compared to Paquette's 1.65 million, Tampa surely wasn't looking to move him.

Yeah, I thought about that. I would have easily done Joseph + Coburn for 2nd + the garbage we sent. I don't think the money for Paquette was the big piece of this trade. That was Cobourn. I'm pretty sure we asked for Paquette as the sweetener.

Oral64

Aug 17, 2020
I think Clb and Car were two poor fits for Dzingel. Not sur the DJ Smith system is any better tbh, but Duclair never seemed like a good fit either and he managed to have an impact.

If he is going to succeed he needs to be a supporting player on a scoring line,with Tkachuk, and Stützle ahead of him, it might be tough to find that role...

If we do call up logan Brown like they said they planned, and the rumour about trying to trade Stepan come to fruition we might see something like this:

Tkachuk-L.Brown-Batherson
Stützle-White-Dadonov
Dzingel-Norris-Watson
Paul-Tierney-Brown

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Zub
Reilly-Gudbranson
I like your line-up with one big exception. Return Norris to the top line, because it's unfair to put L. Brown in such a high pressure situation at this point in his development.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

Good interview, it was nice to hear him admit it was harder than he thought going to a different city, and also hinted somewhat that his experience in Carolina was not the best and that he seemed genuinely happy to be back in Ottawa.

He also mentioned his wife his quarantining with him at the hotel which is awesome that she came along and they do no have to worry about the whole long distance during a pandemic issue.

Recommend to watch the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad