Dynasty prospects

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Salaried dynasty league, so most good trades require prospects/rookies to move. G, A, PPP, SHP, PIMs Hits and Blocks for skaters in a weekly H2H format.

I'm looking at moving up in the draft, acquiring extra picks and acquiring players on good contracts with term remaining. Of the following players, who is expendable and who requires an arm and a leg to be worth moving?

Ryan Donato BOS, Alexander Kerfoot COL, Evan Rodrigues BUF, Vince Dunn STL, Erik Foley STL, Adam Johnson PIT, Denis Gurianov DAL, Samuel Blais STL, Ondrej Kase ANA, Alex Iafallo LAK, Mitch Hults ANA, Drake Caggiula EDM, Dominik Simon PIT, Nicolas Aube-Kubel PHI and Jake Virtanen VAN for signed forwards.

Aaron Ekblad FLA, Daniel Brickley LAK, Jakub Zboril BOS, Ethan Bear EDM, Caleb Jones EDM, Jimmy Schuldt NCAA for signed Dmen.

Unsigned Prospects requiring signing - Nico Hischier NJD, Owen Tippett FLA, Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen BUF, Jason Robertson DAL, Jesper Boqvist NJD, Morgan Geekie CAR, Mason Shaw MIN June 2020 signing deadline.

Michael McLeod NJD, Tyler Parsons CGY, Tage Thompson STL, Tyler Benson EDM, Trent Frederic BOS, Cam Dineen ARZ, Jack Lafontaine CAR, Artur Kayumov CHI June 2019 signing deadline.

"Unmovables" Auston Matthews TOR, Mitch Marner TOR, Dylan Larkin DET, Charlie McAvoy BOS. Movable for a overpayment, due to cap pressure once ELCs expire.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Wait... if I'm reading this correctly, you didn't sign Hischier for the whole season? Which means that you didn't play him the whole year?

I'm honestly not a big prospects guy, but you'll have to move a lot to get good players that have reasonable cap hits and term. I'm in two cap leagues, and they're almost impossible to trade for. You probably won't be able to get that, move up in the draft and acquire more picks. It'll probably be one of the three, and if it's the former, you'd have to overpay. At least that's what I'd ask for.

Guys that could probably get you something from your signed guys are Donato, Kerfoort, Dunn, Gurianov, Kase, Ekblad, Zboril, Bear

I am not a fan of Thomspon and Gurianov. I think Ekblad has a lot more name value than fantasy value.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
Wait... if I'm reading this correctly, you didn't sign Hischier for the whole season? Which means that you didn't play him the whole year?

I'm honestly not a big prospects guy, but you'll have to move a lot to get good players that have reasonable cap hits and term. I'm in two cap leagues, and they're almost impossible to trade for. You probably won't be able to get that, move up in the draft and acquire more picks. It'll probably be one of the three, and if it's the former, you'd have to overpay. At least that's what I'd ask for.

Guys that could probably get you something from your signed guys are Donato, Kerfoot, Dunn, Gurianov, Kase, Ekblad, Zboril, Bear

I am not a fan of Thomspon and Gurianov. I think Ekblad has a lot more name value than fantasy value.

You read right, Hischier was streaky and didn't have much in the way of peripherals - so I was holding off on signing him. We get 3 years of control for players we draft before they must be signed, 25 active roster players and 40 farm team players.

Hischier was going to be my first call up to deal with injury, but all my injuries seemed to be blue liners this year. Evan Rodrigues was playing well when Eichel was out for BUF (basically the same time Matthews was out), and provided PPP which are currently one of my shortfalls.

My hope is to move up in the draft, acquire extra picks or a roster player with term. I don't expect to accomplish all 3, without selling the farm. I had a Cinderella run from last place in 16/17 to being 1 Goal, or 1 win away from the championship round this year - I'm not looking to make a huge splash just a few tweaks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad