Dylan Strome or Mitch Marner

Status
Not open for further replies.

KGL

Auston 3:16
Sep 5, 2014
Leafs are on the clock. Marner and Strome are still available. Who do you take?

My apologies if a poll has been done before, haven't seen one so I thought it would be interesting to finally see where Leafs fans stand.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Prefer Strome for the position he plays but would be equally happy with either

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
After tonights game, I wonder if people would switch from marner to strome LOL

I still say marner D;

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
It's been Strome since the start, and it will be Strome 'till the end for me.

Let's see if Toronto makes the same mistake in building around a winger.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Assuming they both pan out and do exactly what they're advertised as, I think a big center in that Kopitar/Thornton/Sundin mode is something we lack more than a top end offensive winger like a Patrick Kane.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
I'd take Marner, the kids going to be just like a Giroux. Not huge by any means, but makes up for it by enormous skill, playmaking skills and great two-way play.

Both are going to be ridiculously good though. We could trade JVR for a top-15 pick + an A level prospect like McCann, Pulkinnen, etc.

Marner - Barzal - Kessel
Nylander - Kadri - Brown
++A+ prospect

Barzal was apparently in the range of Marner and Strome but dropped severely due to injuries. Taking Barzal or Provrov would be a steal.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Assuming they both pan out and do exactly what they're advertised as, I think a big center in that Kopitar/Thornton/Sundin mode is something we lack more than a top end offensive winger like a Patrick Kane.

Marner looks like more of a Giroux to me

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
In before a mod moves this. Ya I said it (sorry I'm bitter mine was moved, seems unnecessary).

Strome.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
I'd take Marner, the kids going to be just like a Giroux. Not huge by any means, but makes up for it by enormous skill, playmaking skills and great two-way play.

Both are going to be ridiculously good though. We could trade JVR for a top-15 pick + an A level prospect like McCann, Pulkinnen, etc.

Marner - Barzal - Kessel
Nylander - Kadri - Brown
++A+ prospect

Barzal was apparently in the range of Marner and Strome but dropped severely due to injuries. Taking Barzal or Provrov would be a steal.
Not a single player over 6'0" in that top 6. Playoff teams will be licking their lips at that lineup.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Strome all the way. I wouldn't really consider a D at this point because must elite D end up taken 20-40. The Nash pick is perfect for a D with good potential.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Probably don't have the best opinion on either of them because of limited viewings but from what I've seen and read I'd 'prefer' to go with Marner, would love to add another player full of skill and a nice motor like he has, but I would be happy with either or.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
I would be happy with either but Strome jumps out as the potential top line center we have needed since Sundin left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad