Dylan Larkin is the 38th best forward - agree or disagree?

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
I see quite a few guys between 25 and 38 I'd put Larkin in front of. Most of them, in fact.

And I don't see any after 38 that I'd bump in front of Larkin.

I think Larkin should move up to about 28 or so, just to be conservative, and allow for my own bias.

I'm surprised Debrincat is up there at 45. I might bump him down a few spots.

kliq

Dec 17, 2017
Is Fiala better than Larkin? Off the top of my head while looking at zero stats, that’s the only one that really sticks out ahead of him. And a bunch of the others just seem at a similar level.

Last edited:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I feel like 35-40 is about right for Larkin, but it’s hard to say.

Not really sure I agree with a lot of this list. First 2 things for me were Panarin and Barkov should both be much higher.

What do people think about Larkin vs Gaudreau? Two years ago Gaudreau was way better but last year Larkin was better.

Reactions: SoupNazi

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010

Not really sure I agree with a lot of this list. First 2 things for me were Panarin and Barkov should both be much higher.

What do people think about Larkin vs Gaudreau? Two years ago Gaudreau was way better but last year Larkin was better.

Gaudreau was probably the best player in the league two years ago, 90 even strength points is ridiculously impressive

his consistency hurts him a bit but not nearly enough to overcome such a massive gap in peak performance

Preposterone

Dec 6, 2013

Bread man hasn’t performed in the postseason to his established reg season standard other than the one glorious tbl sweep season. Fair or not, that influences votes in this type of pole

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Bread man hasn’t performed in the postseason to his established reg season standard other than the one glorious tbl sweep season. Fair or not, that influences votes in this type of pole
That might be fair, but still 26th just feels low for how much offense that guy can create (at least in the regular season)

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I do think he should be rated a little higher but what can you do, we've been a bad team for a long time and being 'face of the franchise' on a bad team doesn't earn you extra points. Larkin could improve his game by 0% but if we make the playoffs he'll jump on lists like these.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
From Social Media stat maestro JFresh:

I think this is fair and hope that Ray can join the chat this season.

Larkin is better than:

Hintz
Stutzle
Hischier
Nylander
Fiala.

That moves him to 33. Better defensively than all but maybe Hischier and I put Larkin ahead there as well, and similar pts to most of them when you consider that all of them have better offensive teammates than Larkin.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Larkin is better than:

Hintz
Stutzle
Hischier
Nylander
Fiala.

That moves him to 33. Better defensively than all but maybe Hischier and I put Larkin ahead there as well, and similar pts to most of them when you consider that all of them have better offensive teammates than Larkin.
Stutzle is already better than Larkin.

Reactions: Shaman464

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Hard to say when you lump wings in with centers. I would take him over some ranked ahead solely based on position.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Larkin is better than:

Hintz
Stutzle
Hischier
Nylander
Fiala.

The one player I’d not trade Larkin for 1 for 1 is Fiala.

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
The one player I’d not trade Larkin for 1 for 1 is Fiala.
a) I wouldn't trade Larkin for Nylander
b) Who would trade Larkin for 1 for 1 is not a same question as Who do you think is a better player at this point in time

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Larkin is better than:

Hintz
Stutzle
Hischier
Nylander
Fiala.

I mean come on man, Stutzle?

Hischier and Hintz are ahead but close, Hischier's age gives another little nudge forward and Hintz was awesome last playoffs

The last two I prefer Larkin but I can see people taking the other 2 and I don't feel bad if they do.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I don't think Eichel cracks the top 50 without his playoffs, so these lists are pretty fluid year to year, especially when it comes to fan voting.

Now onto more lists! The Hockey Guy released the first part of his best forward list.

Larkin comes in at #33.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
a) I wouldn't trade Larkin for Nylander
b) Who would trade Larkin for 1 for 1 is not a same question as Who do you think is a better player at this point in time
All of them except Fiala are better over the last 3 seasons overall. Some may not be a good fit for the wings but they are all better at what they do than Larkin is.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I mean come on man, Stutzle?

Hischier and Hintz are ahead but close, Hischier's age gives another little nudge forward and Hintz was awesome last playoffs

The last two I prefer Larkin but I can see people taking the other 2 and I don't feel bad if they do.

He is better offensively, but not so much to make up for Larkin being better in other areas.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
If we're talking present-day, not factoring potential - I'd take Larkin ahead of

Mark Stone
Anze Kopitar
Timo Meier
Kevin Fiala
Roope Hintz
Nico Hischier

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I think 38 is a little low, I think that I'd have him 25-30, but honestly that's fine. Most of the guys in that region are within a hot streak of each other so who cares really.

Reactions: raymond23

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad