Rumor: DW looking for another winger

DuckEatinShark

GET ALL THE PPs!!!!
Jul 20, 2009
San Jose
Obviously. I currently have as many goals this season as the entire 3rd and 4th line combined. 1/6th of the season has already been played.

I'm hoping if Calgary flounders we can get someone like Stempniak. He shouldn't cost us too many assets (maybe a B prospect + 2nd)

I don't think we can get a LaRose, Clutterbuck, etc. since they'll be too expensive.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Clarke MacArthur is almost certainly available from Toronto. Plays both ends well, is gritty and is good for ~45 points.

Vaasa

Aug 23, 2006
Sacramento, CA
They already have Sheppard that they can't get into the line-up and can't be sent down. So why add another forward?

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
They already have Sheppard that they can't get into the line-up and can't be sent down. So why add another forward?

Sheppard's been in the line-up and looks pretty good so far. Its possible one of our bottom six could be moved to make room but doubtful. Excited that DW is finally looking for the tweener that would get us 3 scoring lines!

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Stopped reading as soon as I saw the Ottawa Sun was what was linked.

Bruce Garrioch is a hack. I keep repeating myself on this, but he's Eklund with a newspaper gig. Why anyone uses him as a source for rumors is beyond me.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Murray and Clowe for Stamkos and St. Louis. We'll even throw in Pelech.

No way dude, Stamkos is overrated and overpaid, and St. Louis is short. Why make our team softer? We need tough guys like Murray and Clowe. :sarcasm:

I am not shocked by this one bit, can't wait to see what DW does, just don't want Hertl or this year's first gone unless the return is a young player.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
What was that proposal someone made? Hagelin+Kreider for Clowe+Demers? I would prefer Murray but I'd do it. That depth is delicious.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
No way dude, Stamkos is overrated and overpaid, and St. Louis is short. Why make our team softer? We need tough guys like Murray and Clowe. :sarcasm:

I am not shocked by this one bit, can't wait to see what DW does, just don't want Hertl or this year's first gone unless the return is a young player.

You jinxed it. Bye, Hertl.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad