Post-Game Talk: Dux @ Capz | 7pm EST | Grubi and Gabby and Getzlaf OH MY!

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
Adam Vingan @AdamVingan
I wonder what that means for tonight... #Caps RT @timleone: Grubi not on ice for morning skate.

Adam Vingan @AdamVingan
The #Caps recall Philipp Grubauer from Hershey. I wouldn't expect them to do that unless he was starting against Anaheim

Adam Vingan @AdamVingan
There will need to be a corresponding move to accommodate Philipp Grubauer. The #Caps say that'll come later today.

Washington Capitals @washcaps
Grubauer posted a 16-9-4 record with four shutouts, a 2.03 GAA and a .924 SV% in 29 games with Hershey this season. http://t.co/0CDzWAqSJJ

Washington Capitals @washcaps
Grubauer, 23, has appeared in 19 NHL games with Washington, posting a 6-6-5 record with a 2.48 GAA and a .924 SV%. http://t.co/0CDzWAqSJJ

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Adam Vingan ‏@AdamVingan
The #Caps recall Philipp Grubauer from Hershey. I wouldn't expect them to do that unless he was starting against Anaheim.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Well, maybe Grubi. And maybe no Getzlaf. Def Gabs, tho.

We need a thread. Porting over the Grubi talk from other threads...

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
werd.

here's some more info, not sure if it means anything or just a guess.. could green have hurt his knee last night on that collision?

Alex Prewitt @alex_prewitt
Sure enough, news breaks while midair. The Capitals have recalled Philipp Grubauer. Corresponding move TBA. Expected to start vs. Anaheim.

A couple things on this: 1) That the corresponding move wasn't announced yet could indicate someone(Green, perhaps), a game-time decision.

hm.. hope not

2) Somewhat surprising, given that Peters had full support post-St. Louis, but not a bad time to test it. WC opponent, home, pre-Cali trip.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
If it's to start over Peters, I like it. Gruby has earned it, and Peters is an automatic loss right now. I'd give Gruby all the backup starts until the end of the season if\when the Caps are comfortable with their playoff position.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
why not start loltby instead ? we are in playoff hunt !

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
why not start loltby instead ? we are in playoff hunt !

Because the new coaches have lost faith in Peters and probably want to see Grubi in NHL action so they know what they have and what he needs to work on when/if he ends up being the backup in the stretch run and playoffs, imo.

Chukcha

Aug 24, 2011
mongolian steppes
Huh? I wasn't fan of putting Mojo up top, but that line has shown a lot of creativity in the last two games. And they've played well together.

do we have watched different games? Besides that tic-tac-toe vs LAK there's nothing to remember. IMHO 65 looked far better on the right wing. What do you think, is it worth to try 92? Would Kuz be a better option?

Chukcha

Aug 24, 2011
mongolian steppes
i'm not a handedness fan like AO but it looks pretty ugly: right-handed 8 on the left wing and left-handed 90 on the right one (65 and 92 are both left-handed though).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad