Prospect Info: Dustin Wolf, Goaltender, 214th Overall

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
He looks goofy enough that he just might make it.

Not trying to make fun of him, but I see what you mean. That pic of him does remind me of those prototypical werewolf kid.

I hope he goes beast mode for us.

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
Not trying to make fun of him, but I see what you mean. That pic of him does remind me of those prototypical werewolf kid.

I hope he goes beast mode for us.
Shut the hell up liberal! This dude will make more than you and I (statistically) will in our life time. We can call him goofy. Trust me, he'll be okay!

DirtDiver

Aug 14, 2017
Canada
I like this pick. Goalies are so hard to predict so you just have take chances on them. Lets hope he keeps up the pace.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
giphy.gif

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
I was listening top the radio when he was picked, you could hear a very loud cheer, I managed to find a clip of it, pretty cool.

Emotional day for the kid.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
I saw a clip of an interview with Tod Button about picking Wolf. Apparently there weren't that many people left in the stands, teams were packing up their tables, and only a few picks were left. The kid and his family and friends stuck it out to the bitter end with the hope he'd be selected. Button says they weren't sure if the kid was still around, but the hootin' and hollerin' made it clear they were! Called it a feel good moment for everyone.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I was listening top the radio when he was picked, you could hear a very loud cheer, I managed to find a clip of it, pretty cool.

Emotional day for the kid.

Being that Dustin is a Bay Area kid, my parents actually worked with his father back in the days of the Silicon Valley tech boom. As you hear in the clip, his mom went to Sharks games while he was kicking in the womb. I went to a Thunderbirds game with my dad last year, and only after seeing Wolf's name and birthplace did he figure out that Dustin was the son of his former colleague. Ever since then, I've been a fan of his.

My mom, who is a big hockey fan, but not a super hardcore hockey fan or prospect watcher, kept her eyes glued to the TV in hopes that he would get drafted. She was super happy when this happened, and had to record it and post it on the internet. The TV in that clip is mine. :)

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
As someone who was watched, scouted, and followed Dustin since he was 14, I can confidently say if he overcomes his size, you will without a doubt have one of the best starting goaltenders in the NHL. He was a brilliant gamble in the 7th round. Feel free to reply with any questions.

For the record he is indeed shorter than his listed height, but he's about 6'0 on skates.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
As someone who was watched, scouted, and followed Dustin since he was 14, I can confidently say if he overcomes his size, you will without a doubt have one of the best starting goaltenders in the NHL. He was a brilliant gamble in the 7th round. Feel free to reply with any questions.

For the record he is indeed shorter than his listed height, but he's about 6'0 on skates.

So if he is 6'0 in skates, is he actually closer to 5' 10"?

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
Being that Dustin is a Bay Area kid, my parents actually worked with his father back in the days of the Silicon Valley tech boom. As you hear in the clip, his mom went to Sharks games while he was kicking in the womb. I went to a Thunderbirds game with my dad last year, and only after seeing Wolf's name and birthplace did he figure out that Dustin was the son of his former colleague. Ever since then, I've been a fan of his.

My mom, who is a big hockey fan, but not a super hardcore hockey fan or prospect watcher, kept her eyes glued to the TV in hopes that he would get drafted. She was super happy when this happened, and had to record it and post it on the internet. The TV in that clip is mine. :)
Haha very cool man, glad she recorded it.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
So if he is 6'0 in skates, is he actually closer to 5' 10"?

Yes. Based on what I've seen in person he's about 5'10 and a half.

Obviously the WHL is a different league than the NHL but I think most people would say it's the closest Junior league to NHL-type hockey and size has not held him back yet. Even with the loss of Juulsen and Davis on the blue line he gave Everett a chance to win any game. He actually got better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad