Dustin Brown vs. Horton vs. Michalek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Brownov*

I believe the healthier Brown will have the most points. On a line with Conroy and Robitaille?

Haik

Feb 11, 2005
If Brown makes the team he'll most likely play to the left of Roenick.

Mr.Brownov*

Haik said:
If Brown makes the team he'll most likely play to the left of Roenick.
If Roenick centers the first line,Frolov should be to his left and Demitra on the right?

Haik

Feb 11, 2005
Jim Beam said:
If Roenick centers the first line,Frolov should be to his left and Demitra on the right?

I think Andy Murray will use Frolov and Conroy against the opositions top line. Although nothing is written in stone yet. Brown might not even make the team out of camp.

As it stands now we have Frolov, Demitra, Roenick,Conroy who are the only locks in the top 6. We have Bure, Brown, Cammy, and Luc fighting for 2 spots on the top 6. Most likely Bure and one of Cammy or Brown will take those spots.

Then we have Avery, Tom K. , Belanger, Cowan, Klatt, and Luc who have a spot on the team.

That leaves Armstrong, Flinn, and one of Cammy or Brown off the everyday roster.

The Gabe Blade

Jul 9, 2004
2nd line duty for Brownie

Brown - Conroy - V. Bure

This will be a very fast line!

Andy Murray stated that he wants Conroy as his number 2 center. JR has the number 1 spot with means the top line will be

Frolov - JR - Demitra

David Catselhoff

Jan 14, 2005
I wouldnt be surprised to see Roenick moved to the wing and have Roenick-Conroy-Brown as the 2nd line and Frolov-Demitra-Bure as the 1st line.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Creeping Death said:
I wouldnt be surprised to see Roenick moved to the wing and have Roenick-Conroy-Brown as the 2nd line and Frolov-Demitra-Bure as the 1st line.
That's what I was hoping for.

Although it'd be

Frolov-Demitra-Bure
Brown-Conroy-Roenick

Brown would learn so much from playing with Conroy and Roenick.

Third and 4th lines would be something like this.

Luc-Armstrong-Klatt
Avery-Belanger-Cowan/Kostopolous/K Belanger/Flinn/Parros

Also Cammalleri will be somewhere in the mix. Regardless one of Armstrong, Belanger, Klatt has to be dealt.

David Catselhoff

Jan 14, 2005
Reaper45 said:
That's what I was hoping for.

Although it'd be

Frolov-Demitra-Bure
Brown-Conroy-Roenick

Brown would learn so much from playing with Conroy and Roenick.

Third and 4th lines would be something like this.

Luc-Armstrong-Klatt
Avery-Belanger-Cowan/Kostopolous/K Belanger/Flinn/Parros

Also Cammalleri will be somewhere in the mix. Regardless one of Armstrong, Belanger, Klatt has to be dealt.

I dunno how they are gonna approach the 3rd line. The 4th line is definitely anchored by Cowan and Avery IMO. The 3rd line is kinda interesting. If Klatt is gonna stick around, I think we'll see Klatt-Army-Robitaille. Im curious to see if the Kings try and bring Cammillari in as a center, and put him on a line with Robitaille and Klatt. It would be good for Mike to play with some vets, and having a guy like Luc to set up could help Mike make a permanent home here in LA.

Ok, back to the thread topic, I think Michalek is going to take a year or two of adjustment, but will be a darn good hockey player. I think Horton is probably the odds on favorite between these 3. He'll be given a ton of icetime. I think Brown could pass Horton in scoring, but he'll see less PP time than Horton, and less TOI.

SoCalSharkzFan

Jun 24, 2004
The True Man's World
I'll go with the homer pick and choose Michalek

There's a good chance that he will play on the first line. DW mustve thought that he was good enough, because we didnt pick up a 1st line winger when it was apparent that we needed one. Especially with all the cap room we have and the talent that was out there.

Sturm-Marleau-Michalek

That line could be very dangerous in the new NHL. :yo:

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
SoCalSharkzFan said:
I'll go with the homer pick and choose Michalek

There's a good chance that he will play on the first line. DW mustve thought that he was good enough, because we didnt pick up a 1st line winger when it was apparent that we needed one. Especially with all the cap room we have and the talent that was out there.

Sturm-Marleau-Michalek

That line could be very dangerous in the new NHL. :yo:

Where's Cheechoo

CaptainShark

Sep 25, 2004
Fulda, Germany
Cheechoo won´t be a good fit with Marleau and Sturm as Cheech will not be able to match their speed...

I think he will stay in his 3rd-Line-RW-Spot...

Thornton - Goc - Cheechoo

Primeau - Goc - Cheechoo

Thornton - Primeau - Cheechoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad