Speculation: Dustin Brown to PIT

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Brown is worth more to LA than Pettersson. The Kings have Anderson, Bjornfot, Clague, and Maatta on the left side as is. There was a much better chance of Brown being traded before the Kings started looking like a potential playoff team but as it stands, unless Brown requests a trade, he's not going anywhere. If LA is retaining salary I'd want a first round pick back. If that price is too high then kick rocks, LA isn't looking to trade him.

Burnside's just writing garbage for clicks.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I like Pettersson but he isn't a significant upgrade on our LHD side, he fits somewhere right in with Anderson, Bjornfot, Clague, not to mention Nousiainen and others, so it's not really worth giving up an asset for.

Brown is better than people will ever give him credit for--his last 4 seasons are now on paces of 61 points, 58 pts, 44 pts, 60 pts on a basement team. The "bad contract/cap" thing isn't really accurate at this point, less than 6 million for that kind of production is pretty much market rate at this point for a guy that's built like a truck in front of the net and still has great hands.

I think we've agreed over the last few threads that the Pens and Kings aren't great trade partners. Pens have at least one eye to the future now, and Kings have both.

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
There is no reasonable package that could be agreed upon between Penguins fans and Kings fans IMO.

Penguins would want to give up Matheson, which Kings fans would say no to. I would hope the Penguins wouldn't be so shortsighted to do Pettersson for Brown either.
I don't really want to give up Matheson. He's still rebuilding his defensive game, but even now he brings an offensive element we simply don't have in any other defenseman, including Letang.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I don't really want to give up Matheson. He's still rebuilding his defensive game, but even now he brings an offensive element we simply don't have in any other defenseman, including Letang.

Mike Matheson only looks like he can do stuff Letang can’t because Letang knows a lot of the stuff Math does is dumb.
what's the story on Marino? How has he been this year?

Started really poorly, has been rounding back to form but it’s been a bit of an adjustment. Playing with Matheson is a bit of an adventure for a young kid.

Reactions: YP44

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
ask yourself if you truly trust either one come playoff time. If the answer is yes, save your assets. If no, than Pittsburgh should try and address it. Go looking for a Goalie for not only this year but at least the next couple as well. I think Elvis makes sense, can hear the "Elvis has left the building" calls now.

With the way Jarry's played after his rough start, I'm fine with him as the starter in the playoffs. Especially since the guys who are better than him aren't available to acquire anyways.

As far as the Brown rumor, how good is he on LW? Because RW seems to be the side the Pens are pretty deep on with Rust and Kapanen in the top six and Tanev on the checking line.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
If we're moving Pettersson then the return needs to a player who isn't 36 years-old otherwise we might as well have kept Hornqvist.

I get this but......I'm in the camp that if Brown fills a void and give us a better shot at contending I am in. Not many years left.

I get it but Petts is replaecable internally and pretty easily. Someone like Brown who can fills some needs isnt.

That being said it Brown has LAK tatted on his fanny so he might not be leaving

Stimpythecat

Jul 1, 2015
Blake openly and repeatedly told his players that the tear down was complete.

So in order for not having to appear to have lied to them, Brown would have to request a trade. Or the overpayment would have to be large enough for Blake to think it's worth his players thinking he lied.

The Kings have a good number of rookies coming in. Someone needs to teach them how to pro hockey. Kopitar and Carter can't do it alone.

Brown is a lifelong king and should retire as one. I don't see the penguins offering such an overpayment.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
With the way Jarry's played after his rough start, I'm fine with him as the starter in the playoffs. Especially since the guys who are better than him aren't available to acquire anyways.

As far as the Brown rumor, how good is he on LW? Because RW seems to be the side the Pens are pretty deep on with Rust and Kapanen in the top six and Tanev on the checking line.

Brown has played sometime on his left side with some success. Mostly back in the cup years.

I really think Brown being moved is a pipe dream. At least I hope it is.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Blake openly and repeatedly told his players that the tear down was complete.

So in order for not having to appear to have lied to them, Brown would have to request a trade. Or the overpayment would have to be large enough for Blake to think it's worth his players thinking he lied.

The Kings have a good number of rookies coming in. Someone needs to teach them how to pro hockey. Kopitar and Carter can't do it alone.

Brown is a lifelong king and should retire as one. I don't see the penguins offering such an overpayment.

this, only asterisks I would put is if next year he wants to be traded to a true contender for one last shot at the cup. Otherwise he stays, his banner goes up and we all are happy.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

I've never seen a supposed offensive defenseman produce less offense than Matheson.

Reactions: Mick Jagr

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
I'd prefer Carter - but I've also wanted Brown on the Pens before. Could use either/both right now for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad