Confirmed with Link: Dumont signs 2 year extension

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I like him, hope he gets a fair chance on our 4th line. Very underrated on here because of his size. Saw him a lot in Hamilton during the lockout and he's very smart and good along the boards for a guy of his size.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
I would be surprised to see him picked off waivers. A 5'9/5'10 4th liner with 13 nhl games under his belt doesn't sound like he be picked as usually other teams also have players they are trying to get to the AHL without being picked.

He's young, cheap and can play 4th line minutes responsibly and contribute on PK. I'm sure if there is a list of guys lost on waivers that there are similar players.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
He is our best forward in scoring in Hamilton.
Can play NHL.

Maybe next year, he will no longer be our best scorer but for now, he is first.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
One of our best F in the playoffs, kinda sad when you think about it.

Happy for him. Too bad hes not taller he would be a lock on the starting lineup.

I think he can do it, he need to have a good camp.

949c96f1d3f64f3ca6cdcda4de5433ff-c5e3414bdc994b87849cf3a9bb466f52-2.jpg

Last edited:

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
Great signing. Can play center or wing and he adds some grit despite being on the small side. When you consider he is essentially replacing Colby Armstrong in the lineup, the only place he is lacking is in reach. They are probably about the same weight and Dumont can skate at the NHL level... Armstrong had slowed down.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
Okay, is there any way we can leave the NHL and move to another league where everything and everyone is 10% smaller? :sarcasm::help:

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I would be surprised to see him picked off waivers. A 5'9/5'10 4th liner with 13 nhl games under his belt doesn't sound like he be picked as usually other teams also have players they are trying to get to the AHL without being picked.
Yeah, if we were already capped out, he would be in a good position to make the team with his low cap hit, added to the fact that he does seem to be genuinely ready to make the NHL.

But since we do have some cap space available and there are players we might look at signing to improve the team still... I don't think it's any great risk if Dumont goes through assignment waivers and spends another year in Hamilton (perhaps with recalls if /when injuries mount). The assignment waiver wire is not the time he'd get claimed, he's just too unproven to worry about that.

Though if we don't sign anybody else and/or he just comes to camp on a mission and forces management's hand, he's worth keeping around for sure.

Good news that he's signed now, either way.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Not ideal size for role, but proved he could play in the NHL.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He's young, cheap and can play 4th line minutes responsibly and contribute on PK. I'm sure if there is a list of guys lost on waivers that there are similar players.

I doubt there are many on that list that are 5'9/5'10 with a handful of games in the NHL and ended up getting picked. Plus teams rosters are usually set by the time the season starts so I don't see much of an issue there, perhaps he would get picked but I would be very surprised to see it.

onemorecup*

I don't think they'd risk sending him down. He's a useful player and cheap, I think somebody would take him on waivers. His gritty style fits well on a 3rd or 4th line and he can chip in a bit of offense.

who cares if Dumont is picked up on waivers

dime a dozen depth guy , 12-14th forward or career ahler

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay
He sure can have a gritty role on the fourth line but I remember his season with Sean Couturier by his side and he was able to get 51g 42a 93p in 62 games (in 2010). I know that scoring goals is way different from LHJMQ to NHL but you need to consider that he was our leader in points last year with the Dogs before being called.

It seems that he can read the play very well offensively and he is aware his teammates' positioning. Defensively, he can play on the pk and will rarely hurt the team with a misread of the play.

We should consider him as a 3rd liner with Eller and Galchenyuk. His grit and puck possession on the board is like Latendresse/Lapierre could be welcome there.

digmor crusher

Jul 11, 2009
He's a tweener, not an offensive guy, too small to really provide much grit. I don't see much future for him on the Habs, just a fill in until we can get someone bigger and better to play on 4th line.

That is all.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
He can play in the NHL, there's no doubt.
But are we going for the smallest team EVER?

Desharnais-Gionta-Bouillon-Dumont-Gallagher

Out of 839 players, they all are in the top 25 of the NHL smallest players.
I don't disagree with the signing, but i don't wanna think of him as a regular, not now at least.

Him and DD as regular center would be simply brutal in the PO.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
That brings us to 13 forwards plus White. If anybody else is signed expect Desharnais(or Moen or Bourque) to be traded.
Why would you want Bourque, of all people, to be traded? He's a perfect big LW for the 2nd-3rd line at a decent price... big body...

Matteus

May 11, 2009
Dumont is tough as nails but he's so small...
He never backs down and doesn't seem to know what's good for himself.
But I do hope he gets a solid full time trial for at least 30 games, between two guys who don't mind mixing it up (Parros and White, I don't see who else right now).
I'd love him as our 4th line center, at least for the next couple of years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad