Confirmed with Link: Duhaime Traded to Avs for 2026 3rd Round Pick

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Are any of the drafts really better or worse than any of the others after the 2nd round?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I mean, why couldn't Duhaime have been re-signed? Was he asking for Kirk Cousin's money? Did he sneer at Guerin last year during contract discussions, or tell him to f*** off then BG tried to bully him?

Surely he couldn't have been asking for more than 1.5-2M?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I mean, why couldn't Duhaime have been re-signed? Was he asking for Kirk Cousin's money? Did he sneer at Guerin last year during contract discussions, or tell him to f*** off then BG tried to bully him?

Honestly, are you upset that Brandon Duhaime was moved? Because they need space for a couple guys next season. I honestly don't care.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

My guess is that wanted to clear that roster spot. Duhaime is a pretty good 4th line grinder, but those type of players aren't all that hard to find.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Honestly, are you upset that Brandon Duhaime was moved? Because they need space for a couple guys next season. I honestly don't care.
Right now we are playing Shaw, Lettierri, Luchinni, and Beckman. Duhaime is faster and more physical than all of them, tougher, and can drop the gloves when needed. We have no one in Iowa who can do what he does. Marat is a replacement for the Italians, and hopefully Gaudreau(I would hope that BG is working his ass off getting rid of that waste of roster space).

By getting rid of duhaime we have gotten rid of size, speed, and toughness, and have become easier to play against.

Maybe he asked BG for a 5 year, 18 M contract - I dunno.

Mnsportsfan22

Apr 5, 2013
Right now we are playing Shaw, Lettierri, Luchinni, and Beckman. Duhaime is faster and more physical than all of them, tougher, and can drop the gloves when needed. We have no one in Iowa who can do what he does. Marat is a replacement for the Italians, and hopefully Gaudreau(I would hope that BG is working his ass off getting rid of that waste of roster space).

By getting rid of duhaime we have gotten rid of size, speed, and toughness, and have become easier to play against.

Sounds like they want to give the younger guys a shot. With the terrible extensions they gave out duhaime and dewar well be odd ones out

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Maybe he didn't want to sign here?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Maybe he didn't want to sign here?

Based off his comments to Russo, I think he did want to stick around.

He's a UFA this summer, maybe the Wild sign him then? Who knows?

Reactions: Alienblood

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021

Avs fan here and i like this player and move. He still can be signed isn't he a UFA ?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN

He's a UFA this summer, maybe the Wild sign him then? Who knows?
would be cool- Duhaime gets playoff experience, then come back here the better for it. Think the odds of Bg outbidding 31 other clubs in FA are slim, though.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
would be cool- Duhaime gets playoff experience, then come back here the better for it. Think the odds of Bg outbidding 31 other clubs in FA are slim, though.

Billy Big Brain

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
The fact that Billy sent Duhaime to another team in the Central kind of makes me believe that he is coming to terms with the fact that the Wild won't be making the playoffs.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The fact that Billy sent Duhaime to another team in the Central kind of makes me believe that he is coming to terms with the fact that the Wild won't be making the playoffs.

I don't know, he did do the Sturm for Jost trade with them too, and the Ian Cole for Greg Pateryn deal

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Wabit

May 23, 2016

I don;t take much from comments players make to the press. Part of being a pro is being able to say the "right things" when asked.

I look more at him only signing a 1 year contract for his last RFA contract. If he wanted to be here it would have had more term.

Really, he wouldn't be the 1st guy who this GM has had a problem signing to contracts.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

There is always Mikey Milne and Adam Raska.

Duhaime dropping the gloves also wasn't always a good thing either.

I'm pretty much meh on Duhaime being traded. Also him being traded to Colorado doesn't mean Minnesota isn't thinking about the playoffs.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I don't know, he did do the Sturm for Jost trade with them too, and the Ian Cole for Greg Pateryn deal

COL has been one of GMBG's consistent trade partners. Same Division or not, they like dealing with each other for whatever reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad