GDT: Ducks that got shutout vs LA that got shutout TWICE | NOV 1; 7:30PM Pacific Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
Look at the owner :laugh:

CwPQn1jUsAALssY.jpg

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Rak`n`Roll :yo:

That wiki joke is nice :laugh:

PS
LA is the only team in the NHL without a regulation win

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
One of the most satisfying games to watch in a while. Kings looked like garbage though. Hope Ritchie is ok and was only out because of the score.

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Nolan needs a tap on the ankle the next time we play the Kings. Such a dirty dumb****. -.-

Last edited by a moderator:

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Rakell frantically ringing his agent to see if it's too late to renegotiate his contract. Guy had a hell of a first game back, nice to have some more skill in that bottom 6. Hopefully Ritchie is ok, that was a dirty as **** hit by Gilbert - boarding and a headshot (and left his feet) should be getting a 3+ game suspension for that garbage.

All in all good win, and love seeing the smug Kings fans put in their place :nod:

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
Could the Ducks have been given a worse schedule to start the year?

Another back to back, where the Ducks play the first one on the road the night before, and the team they play at home is sitting in Anaheim resting while they play while they have a physical match up.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
In addition.

Big shout out to the 'BOTTOM-6" who played a perfect bottom 6 productive and physical game last night.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Glass half empty guy I guess.

Well, maybe.

If the bottom 6 performs good vs the Penguins tonight I`m sure will be happy to believe the ''half full'' assumption :)

But Ricky surely gives a great boost to the 3d line and bottom 6 as a whole.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Didn't catch anything in the 2nd and 3rd period - is the score pretty accurate in terms of the play?

I saw the second half of the game only and I think Kings had the puck more but it was no reason for the Ducks to try to dominate the play anymore anyway. I felt the Ducks held the game in a good control, LA got shots but rarely they were dangerous. Felt like a good win.

But... like I mentioned somewhere, Pens will be a much bigger test tonight before we get all too excited.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Nolan needs a tap on the ankle the next time we play the Kings. Such a dirty dumb****. -.-

Stoner gave him several taps to the head so I think the message was sent. Not a Bieksa fan, but loved seeing him challenge Clifford.

Didn't catch anything in the 2nd and 3rd period - is the score pretty accurate in terms of the play?

Kings were better team in the first. That late goal killed them. You could just see it in their reaction.

We dominated 2nd.

3rd period was meh. We played very conservative.

We were the better team though. It helped that Gibson was great, and their goalies were crap.

The entire defense played well. I thought Stoner had one of his better games. Even made a few nice plays in transition. The Theodore-Bieksa pairing still makes me nervous at times, but they were pretty solid. Theo is a magician with the puck.

Best forwards were Vermette, Rakell, and Kesler. I was a bit disappointed in Getzlaf and Perry.

Hope Ritchie is okay.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
Have to believe Ritchie at least gets tonight off, so Sgarbossa will have to gas up the Chevy and and head north this morning, if he didn't already last night. That's if he even left Anaheim at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad