Proposal: Ducks-Senators

mytduxfan*

Great! :sarcasm: Another thread to dump on ANA players. I think it's been universally agreed that the proposal is awful for both teams. Can we move on instead of just regurgitating the same crap us Duck fans got when Kesler signed the infamous "soon to be albatross" contract?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I'm not sure you're aware of what the market value is on a Selke caliber center, who can put up numbers like Kesler. If you think that's a bad contract right now, you're very, very mistaken.

That contract could turn bad, but he's definitely worth that price now. And then some.

Selke is a reputation award. Not worth as much as you think it is.

If you're planning on putting Kesler into a time machine and making him 6 years younger - you know, when he would deserve to win that award - then a trade could be made.

Besides, we have Mark Stone who is more than Selke worthy right now....but won't sniff that award until he's 30.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Apparently you don't either.

You are undervaluing ...
- Zibanejad's contract
- Zibanjads age
- Pageau
- a first round pick

Now if Zibanejad was 29, had a $5 million contract, Pageau was a 3rd and the first was a 6th. The deal would be close.

Do you understand that the trade value of a player is not only his ability and his age, but also his contract?

Erik Karlsson on a a $6.5 contract at 26 has a lot different trade value than EK at 35 with a $10 contract with the same term.

Did you even read the posts you're responding to?

pucku33

Dec 12, 2013

If you're planning on putting Kesler into a time machine and making him 6 years younger - you know, when he would deserve to win that award - then a trade could be made.

Besides, we have Mark Stone who is more than Selke worthy right now....but won't sniff that award until he's 30.

Kesler was the leading penalty killer on the league's best PK and defensive team. How is that not worthy of recognition? You might hate the guy, but at least give credit where it's due.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Lol this ant even close to what Vancouver got why would we pay that lol lol.

At this point zibanejad for Kessler straight across would probably not be worth it for senators let alone trading the GM's favorite player and a first along with him.

Last edited:

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
Great! :sarcasm: Another thread to dump on ANA players. I think it's been universally agreed that the proposal is awful for both teams. Can we move on instead of just regurgitating the same crap us Duck fans got when Kesler signed the infamous "soon to be albatross" contract?

I like Kesler myself, and I don't think anybody is dissing him, Now, as for people defending the trade and saying it isn't horrendous?

I feel like some people here are like the Ministry of Information guy from the US/ Iraq war in early 90's

Benttheknee

Jun 18, 2005
Ottawa
Did you even read the posts you're responding to?

Yup.

Has anybody said Kelser was not a good player? Nope, yet several people seem to think he is being dissed. When he isn't.

The OP was not lopsided, or bad... it was epic bad and the reasons are very clear. Kesler for Zibanejad would be a decent trade if Kesler started in Ottawa and Zibanejad started in Anaheim.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
No interest in giving up JGP and I doubt RK would come to Ottawa. Would love to have Kesler tho...

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009

I feel that your post is based more on emotion than actual facts.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Yup.

Has anybody said Kelser was not a good player? Nope, yet several people seem to think he is being dissed. When he isn't.

The OP was not lopsided, or bad... it was epic bad and the reasons are very clear. Kesler for Zibanejad would be a decent trade if Kesler started in Ottawa and Zibanejad started in Anaheim.

You need to read it again, you're responding to Soj as though he is saying Ottawa should make the trade. He was addressing a post which said Ottawa wouldn't want Kesler for free.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Apparently you don't either.

You are undervaluing ...
- Zibanejad's contract
- Zibanjads age
- Pageau
- a first round pick

Now if Zibanejad was 29, had a $5 million contract, Pageau was a 3rd and the first was a 6th. The deal would be close.

You didn't read my post, did you?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

Fascinating. So is the Norris, but I'm sure you don't count that against your boy Karlsson.

Well, maybe you do now since he didn't win it. Up until this season, though, I'm sure it went only to the most deserving.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Again if there is a move to be made with ANA/Ott it wont be for a center ,no real secret whom they could use from us .They need a LW scorer ,problem is we dont need Fowler .But someone else may :nod:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

This is just absurd.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
There's no guarantee of 4-5 good years when he's already 31. Players decline at different ages, but guys who play a rough physical game and have had numerous injuries don't tend to age well.

Could see Kesler decline to the 30-40 point range within a couple years. Excellent D game or not that's not worth almost 7 million a season.

Yes but there's a flip side to that coin, kesler was injured a lot in his Vancouver days, a whole lot, he had a lot of down time, also he is a fitness freak. And since he wins face offs so well and plays such good defense, at worse the last couple of years he is overpaid a couple million a season, but for what he provides us( and seeing the crazy dollars being spent on players a whole grade below him in overall game) he is maybe a million or so underpaid right now and since his contract began, this guy is a top selke candidate , and is a playoff performer. edit if he played on the #1 pp he would have 10 points more a year , like 95% of his pay grade peers play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad