Confirmed with Link: Ducks re-sign Holzer

Crosbysux

Dec 29, 2013
Like everyone said, he's the perfect #7 Dman. We have 9 guys including Theo now, so 2 need to go. One of Stoner/Bieksa will be gone in addition to Fowler. I know Dallas needs D. Think there's anyway we can get Nichuskin for Stoner and a pick/prospect?

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
Like everyone said, he's the perfect #7 Dman. We have 9 guys including Theo now, so 2 need to go. One of Stoner/Bieksa will be gone in addition to Fowler. I know Dallas needs D. Think there's anyway we can get Nichuskin for Stoner and a pick/prospect?

Unless that pick is a 1st or Montour they probably laugh

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Good signing having a cheap extra NHL defenseman is nice for the Ducks.

Boll is signed for 1 year longer with 200,000 more per year :shakehead

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Love the signing and think this shows fowler and stoner are gone. Hopefully a deal is coming soon and we get that much needed forward.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Some one has to move now then, as they're not paying him 700k to play in the minors.

Really hoping unless we get a great forward back Fowler (or Vatanen) isn't moved.

Edit: My hunch is Despres to the Devils. They need a LD for their second pairing and Shero drafted him.

Last edited:

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
Phew. Much welcomed signing, and a great price at that. One-way probably factored into that.

Stoner should now be dispensable, for a low pick if need be. But the question remains, how and with what money are the F holes going to be plugged? Shedding Stoner alone is not going to sort that, nor clear the requisite funds.

TheHoff

Apr 11, 2007
Fellow german here. Haven't seen Holzer that much in the NHL. Do you like him and is he capable to get a spot as #5 or #6 on this team or will he solely be used as #7 in case of injuries?

If not this season, will he be able to be a regular in the NHL at some point (maybe on a different team)? Thanks!

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Fellow german here. Haven't seen Holzer that much in the NHL. Do you like him and is he capable to get a spot as #5 or #6 on this team or will he solely be used as #7 in case of injuries?

If not this season, will he be able to be a regular in the NHL at some point (maybe on a different team)? Thanks!

Hell be a #7 for us. When LV enters the league in 17-18, I could see Holzer having a possibility at securing a bottom-pairing role somewhere.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

He's almost surely going to be the 7th guy here, we have too much depth in front of him to think otherwise. He's a good fit for that role, but not sure if I'd ever see him as more than a #6 on a respectable blueline.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
One way has nothing to do with the cap hit. If the cap hit is less than $925,000 it can be hidden in the AHL without any hit to the Ducks cap.

But the Ducks have to pay his entire salary and hiding him in the minors doesnt change the fact that he has to be paid which counts against the internal budget.

Cap hit to the Ducks doesnt mean as much as actual money paid. The Bernier deal is a fine example of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad