Confirmed with Link: Ducks re-sign Holzer

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
Love the resign at 700k. Stoner is crap. Hated the signing since it happened. I think any Nash trade will involve one of the Dmen that earn 4+ mil except Vats and Lindholm. I believe Bieksa has a NMC so he can't be traded/moved without his consent.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
This might mean a D-man is on the way out, but then I remembered BM likes to have 10 serviceable D-men on the roster.

I think it's pretty obvious that at least one defenseman is out. I'm just hoping it means he's already got deals lined up that moves two defenseman.

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Great to see Bob at least re-signed that one player without a big price tag we desperately needed to come back. I'd be more than confident to have Holzer as a #6 defenseman for years to come, because he is an all-around solid defenseman.

Now, please get rid of Bieksa, Stoner or Depres for future considerations and finally re-sign Lindholm!

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Meh. I'm happy enough with him like I was happy enough with DiPenta. Replacement level player at a replacement level salary.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Folks calling Stoner "crap" need to watch a hockey game. Hate the contract all you want, Stoner has been exactly as advertised for us, he's a steady veteran D and a good teammate.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Folks calling Stoner "crap" need to watch a hockey game. Hate the contract all you want, Stoner has been exactly as advertised for us, he's a steady veteran D and a good teammate.

Agreed.

I want Stoner gone, but that's purely contract related. I do not agree with those saying that Holzer is as good (especially better) as Bieksa and Stoner. I think Stoner is clearly better than Holzer myself, but I'd much rather have Holzer at 700k than Stoner at his contract. If played within his limits, I think Bieksa would be the best of the three. He's just not someone who should be playing such a vital role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad