Pre-Game Talk: Ducks @ Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
The Ducks are the last non-wildcard playoff team that the Rangers will need to face this season. The rest of the teams are either presently in the wildcards (Wild, Bruins, two against the Caps) or non-playoff teams. Win this game against the Ducks and the rest of the schedule truly will be "cupcake schedule."

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I want a cupcake avatar too

Just make one or find one on Google Images. We need to go with cupcake avatars to show that we were underestimated and it wasn't the opposition being bad, it's our team making them look bad.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Would be nice to avoid two losses in three games. That, along with the struggles when we win, would create a feeling that we are going cold. Win this one and we are still a hot team, with a cupcake schedule remaining.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
The mighty Ducks will surely wipe their avian rear ends with our WOAT of a team.

Ducks - g64

Lamegers - before the Big Bang

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Can't wait for this one. Two ways I see this going, a) we get ripped apart, which would be no surprize, considering the bad/inconsistent play these last 2 weeks, or b) we snap out of whatever we were under and beat the Ducks almost like we did in ANA couple of months ago.

LGR!!!

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Originally Posted by IAMREALITY View Post
I'm watchin the game again in 60 and just rewound Fast's goal 20 times for the heck of it, and something stood out to me that actually bothered me, pissed me off a bit. And it was the fact that Girardi not only showed no reaction at all to Fast scoring, but when Fast is tapping gloves down the bench Girardi is the only Ranger without his fist out and ignores him completely it seems. WTF is up with that?

I dunno, this is a kid that has played his heart out and scored a huge goal that obviously meant a lot to him, and with almost everyone pumped up Girardi just had no reaction and stood back without his glove out as Fast is bumpin gloves down the bench. To me that just seemed completely disrespectful and didn't sit right with me. Am I making too much of that? Is that completely normal? I just want one of those teams where every player roots for one another, where they're all a family. And it seems like that's what we have here. But then seeing girardi basically ignore the goal completely seemed counter intuitive to that ideal. So it ticked me off. Bump his damn glove for chrissakes. Be part of the moment...

Now u made me want to go and see that........ I'll be pissed as well if it's true. What would Dan have a grudge with this kid about? Unless, he pulled a Sharp.

Here's the video of it, though much harder to slow down than on my dvr of course lol. But if you're quick, you can see at :20 his look of indifference, while everyone else is cheering and he's looking towards the other direction a bit, and then if you pause right as it gets to :29 (it's literally the very split second right before the msg logo wipes the screen) you'll see G all the way on the right, hands straight down at his sides. Not even looking towards Fast skating right towards him...

http://www.blueshirtsunited.com/video/rangers-fast-scores-spin-o-rama-goal-vs-hurricanes

(my apologies, tried 5 different ways of embedding but damned if I know how to...)
[nhl]http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed?playlist=786975[/nhl]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad