Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info ‘21-22 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
What do the top 10 for the prospect pool look like now? its early and im still trying to feel out the new guys but I think right now it may be something along the lines of

McTavish
Zellweger
Mintyukov
Dostal
Perreault
Thrun
Warren
Gaucher
Luneau
Lacombe

Is Pastujov possibly only and HM for top 10 in the pool? sheesh.

Reactions: Kalv

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
What do the top 10 for the prospect pool look like now? its early and im still trying to feel out the new guys but I think right now it may be something along the lines of

McTavish
Zellweger
Mintyukov
Dostal
Perreault
Thrun
Warren
Gaucher
Luneau
Lacombe

Is Pastujov possibly only and HM for top 10 in the pool? sheesh.

It’s obviously debatable but I’d go:
McTavish
Zellweger
Mintyukov

Dostal
Gaucher
Perreault
Pastujov
Warren
Luneau
Thrun

Admittedly I’m not high on Lacombe though.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Mintyukov is a better prospect than Zellweger on size alone. If they were the same size it would be closer IMO. I don't think some people realize Zellweger may never be a NHL player because of that reason alone. Gaucher is not in the top 5, no way at least on my list. He's a high floor low ceiling player, if he turns into a little more offensive version of Nate Thompson type I'd be happy (I know he has more upside than that). I'll make a list when I get home from work.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I prob go

McTavish
Mintyukov
Dostal
Zellweger
Perreault
Gaucher
Pastujov
Luneau(interchangable with Thrun)
Thrun
Clang

Warren, Moore, Colangelo, Lacombe as my HMs

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I'm at work and watching a training but of the top of my head quickly
  1. McTavish
  2. Mintyukov
  3. Zellweger
  4. Perreault
  5. Dostal
  6. Thrun (might be gone)
  7. Pastujov (I believe in him but think it's going to take time similar to Terry)
  8. Luneau
  9. LaCombe (might be gone)
  10. Gaucher
  11. Tracey
  12. Warren
  13. Tschigerl (I like him)
  14. Colangelo
  15. Andersson
  16. Helleson
  17. Hinds
  18. Moore (could be gone as well)
This list will change big time after rookie camp/development camp/camp/etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I'm at work and watching a training but of the top of my head quickly
  1. McTavish
  2. Mintyukov
  3. Zellweger
  4. Perreault
  5. Dostal
  6. Thrun
  7. Pastujov (I believe in him)
  8. Luneau
  9. LaCombe
  10. Gaucher
  11. Tracey
  12. Warren
  13. Tschigerl (I like him)
  14. Colangelo
  15. Andersson
  16. Helleson
  17. Hinds
  18. Moore
This list will change big time after rookie camp/development camp/camp/etc.
Luneau above Warren and Gaucher seems like a big stretch at this point in time, but could be accurate. Lot of upside

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Luneau above Warren and Gaucher seems like a big stretch at this point in time, but could be accurate. Lot of upside
I think both will be pro players almost certainly but others have more upside

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Durny and Eriksson Ek are set to be RFAs this offseason, and in addition to them we now have Dostal, Clang, Alexander, and Buteyets as goalie prospects in the system. Durny almost certainly goes unsigned but I’m curious about Olle.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
Durny and Eriksson Ek are set to be RFAs this offseason, and in addition to them we now have Dostal, Clang, Alexander, and Buteyets as goalie prospects in the system. Durny almost certainly goes unsigned but I’m curious about Olle.

Funny how almost every goalie prospect is different nationality. Clang and Eriksson Ek are both Swedes, but then Dostal is a Czech, Buteyets is Russian, Durny is Slovakian and Alexander is Canadian.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I think both will be pro players almost certainly but others have more upside
Don’t disagree. But my point is the prospect rankings are based on more than just raw upside.

But I’m not looking to argue one way or the other. Let’s see them at camp!

Reactions: bsu

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
1. McTavish
2. Mintyukov
3. Zellweger
4. Dostal
5. Perreault
6. Warren
7. Thrun
8. Gaucher
9. Pastujov
10. Luneau

Likes of Colangelo, Helleson, LaCombe, Clang are just on the fringe.

Reactions: bsu and Static

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Mintyukov
Mctavish
Zellweger
Dostal
Luneau
Gaucher
Perreault
Moore
Lopina
Thrun

So, yeah. I like Mctavish a lot, but I believe Mintykov will be the most dynamic defensman this team has seen since Niedermayer and the most dynamic we have ever drafted. I think if he hits his ceiling he will have the effect on the back end that Zegras does up front, in fact this to me is the Zegras defenseman pick.

The parallels are uncanny; seen as almost too flashy for his own good, questioned for his aggressive nature, some light skating concerns, but undeniably confident, dictates play, and one of if not the most creative player in the draft. I think this kid is going to be an absolute home run.

Couple other notes: The list is more who I think will be the most impactful in our lineup. I think Luneau is going to be in our top four as a jack-of-all trades dman for a long time. I think Gaucher has lower upside than Perreault, but is going to consistently be a difference-maker in the lineup for us in a way Perreault has not shown. Think Max Jones with better hands and not injured.

I am a huge believer in Ian Moore. He is such a ball of clay but took big strides this year for Harvard, aided by playing with a steady partner in Thrun who I can see becoming our new age Sean Odonnell.

Lopina may seem out of place, but he was trusted and elevated quickly in San Diego in a way that is rare for a new pro. He may only be a fourth line center but I think he becomes a mainstay Pker and big time matchup player in the not too distant future.

I am not sold on Pastujov. I think he has special hands but his pace is going to be too slow for him to overcome. I like Tracey a lot, but his game is suited for down low and I dont think he has the frame to sustain that. His skating isn't good enough to be a purely skilled player, either. I hope I'm wrong there.

I don't have a good read on Warren. He has athletic traits that we can drool over, but will he be able to play with the puck enough to be in the lineup effectively? He is the most likely to make this list look bad.

Last edited:

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Mintyukov
Mctavish
Zellweger
Dostal
Luneau
Gaucher
Perreault
Moore
Lopina
Thrun

So, yeah. I like Mctavish a lot, but I believe Mintykov will be the most dynamic defensman this team has seen since Niedermayer and the most dynamic we have ever drafted. I think if he hits his ceiling he will have the effect on the back end that Zegras does up front, in fact this to me is the Zegras defenseman pick.

The parallels are uncanny; seen as almost too flashy for his own good, questioned for his aggressive nature, some light skating concerns, but undeniably confident, dictates play, and one of if not the most creative player in the draft. I think this kid is going to be an absolute home run.

Couple other notes: The list is more who I think will be the most impactful in our lineup. I think Luneau is going to be in our top four as a jack-of-all trades dman for a long time. I think Gaucher has lower upside than Perreault, but is going to consistently be a difference-maker in the lineup for us in a way Perreault has not shown. Think Max Jones with better hands and not injured.

I am a huge believer in Ian Moore. He is such a ball of clay but took big strides this year for Harvard, aided by playing with a steady partner in Thrun who I can see becoming our new age Sean Odonnell.

Lopina may seem out of place, but he was trusted and elevated quickly in San Diego that is rare for a new pro. He may only be a fourth line center but I think he becomes a mainstay Pker and big time matchup player in the not too distant future.

I am not sold on Pastujov. I think he has special hands but his pace is going to be too slow for him to overcome. I like Tracey a lot, but his game is suited for down low and I dont think he has the frame to sustain that. His skating isn't good enough to be a pure skilled player, either. I hope I'm wrong there.

I don't have a good read on Warren. He has athletic traits that we can drool over, but will he be able to play with the puck enough to be in the lineup effectively? He is the most likely to make this list look bad.
Moore could easily go schultz route too especially with all these defensemen we have now lol

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Mintyukov
Mctavish
Zellweger
Dostal
Luneau
Gaucher
Perreault
Moore
Lopina
Thrun

Lopina may seem out of place, but he was trusted and elevated quickly in San Diego that is rare for a new pro. He may only be a fourth line center but I think he becomes a mainstay Pker and big time matchup player in the not too distant future.

I am not sold on Pastujov. I think he has special hands but his pace is going to be too slow for him to overcome. I like Tracey a lot, but his game is suited for down low and I dont think he has the frame to sustain that. His skating isn't good enough to be a pure skilled player, either. I hope I'm wrong there.

The more i read about Mintykov the higher I think his ceiling is, i think his flaws are less than that of Drysdale's flaws and ones he can more easily improve. With Warren i'm just putting a lot of trust in Madden, he got the team Manson 11 years ago.

Reactions: Static

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017

Good question, lots of possibilities with this. I would think Olle’s probably got one more guaranteed season with Alexander spending his overage season in the Dub and Clang probably not coming over immediately.

After that, it’s up in the air with several variables. A lot of it depends on what Verbeek wants to do with Stolarz (or Gibby, though I’m actually starting to believe it’s unlikely). If he moves him at the deadline or lets him walk next summer, Dostal becomes the presumptive NHL backup, Clang is likely the #1 in San Diego (if he comes to North America) and Alexander/OEE battle for the backup spot with the loser headed to Tulsa. If he keeps him around, then it becomes a numbers game (although who knows, maybe Pat trades Dostal as part of a package for established NHL talent).

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
It's possible, but who knows what it will look like in three years.

With respect to Moore, he's a 2020 draft class. I thought players had four years to be signed from their draft date? If that's the case, then we'll know in couple of years, not three, since 2023-24 will be his fourth year from the draft despite Moore being classified as a junior in that season.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
My personal Pre season watchlist (kinda ranked and privy to change):

San Diego Gulls: Perreault, Tracey, Helleson, Andersson, Lopina, Mcaughlin, king, Etc.

Harvard: Thrun, Moore, Callow

Gatineau: Warren, Luneau

Saginaw: Mintyukov

Everett: Zellweger

Guelph: Pastujov

Minnesota: LaCombe

Calgary: Tschigerl

Sherbrooke: Hinds

Northeastern: Colangelo

Swift Current: Hvidston

Status