Pre-Game Talk: Ducks @ Leafs - Tuesday Dec 16 @ 7:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafstilldeath*

How is he being a hypocrite? I mean unless I missed something earlier, which I very well could have lol. All Nonis said was the first line are 3 skilled guys which is true, also they will never be shutdown players either, which is also very true too.... how is he wrong? Wjaty do Kadri and Gardiner have to do with this?

Did you miss the interviews where Nonis was all over Naz and Gards crying like a little girl calling them out. Meanwhile, Bozo line gets a free pass?

That bozo line has been a ****ing defensive disaster since its inception but they are "skilled" guys no problem? **** YOU Nonis

Really pisses me off when the management group sings the accountability song at the beginning of the season and then we see no accountability unless its youth.

#Hypocrisy

leafstilldeath*

That's not what he meant by it if you listened to actual interview on Leafs lunch.

Besides Gardiner should be criticised based on his performance in the last month, As Kadri been in the past as well. Now Kadri is arguably are best 200ft player; And Gardiner needs to follow suit cause Percy is waiting in the wings if he doesn't.

How about exercising patience with youth? How is this fair calling out youth when the so called vets havent done much themselves?

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
Did you miss the interviews where Nonis was all over Naz and Gards crying like a little girl calling them out. Meanwhile, Bozo line gets a free pass?

That bozo line has been a ****ing defensive disaster since its inception but they are "skilled" guys no problem? **** YOU Nonis

Really pisses me off when the management group sings the accountability song at the beginning of the season and then we see no accountability unless its youth.

#Hypocrisy

Yes I must have missed it then, your right then he's a flaming hypocrite then for being picky with who he chooses to call out and not call out... actually really Nonis is out of line, its not his job as a GM to call out his players, that falls on the coach.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

#Hypocrisy

or - and this is just another take on it - he doesn't want Jake and Nazzy to end up like those guys? When it is said and done, Nazzy and Jake have time to change and mould their game so it doesn't overall impact them - so they can get better. (I remember Randy saying how much JVR wasn't having the "yes, but!" response when he was being coached, but I think that attitude is back).

so by calling them out, he's saying, - work hard, be better, you'll be better for it.

I could be wrong, it could just be Nonis being a big butt head. or it could be 1/2 and 1/2

I'd rather my youth be accountable and jettison the others later, vs. calling out my vets (which very ever rarely works anyway) and my youth is all "whatevs, dude."

that's my 5 cents.

anyway. it looks like Tampa is losing. They play tomorrow, as does Montreal
two is good - but i'd just like to get that pity point so we're still on pace with them.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
How about exercising patience with youth? How is this fair calling out youth when the so called vets havent done much themselves?

The perceived lack of patience doesn't come from management or coaching, It's from the fan expectations and media.

For instance last night, Gardiner does the high stick play and then gaff on 3-2 goal, And he continued to get playing time in the 3rd and OT. They've been more than patient with Gardiner.

leafstilldeath*

or - and this is just another take on it - he doesn't want Jake and Nazzy to end up like those guys? When it is said and done, Nazzy and Jake have time to change and mould their game so it doesn't overall impact them - so they can get better. (I remember Randy saying how much JVR wasn't having the "yes, but!" response when he was being coached, but I think that attitude is back).

so by calling them out, he's saying, - work hard, be better, you'll be better for it.

I could be wrong, it could just be Nonis being a big butt head. or it could be 1/2 and 1/2

I'd rather my youth be accountable and jettison the others later, vs. calling out my vets (which very ever rarely works anyway) and my youth is all "whatevs, dude."

that's my 5 cents.

anyway. it looks like Tampa is losing. They play tomorrow, as does Montreal
two is good - but i'd just like to get that pity point so we're still on pace with them.

Daisy, hockey is as much a game of confidence as it is of skills. For example, look at what Carlyle did to Grabovski in the shortened season.

Grabo's stats before and after Carlyle:

Season(s) GF60 GA60 GF% Points/60
2014-15 2.682 2.063 56.5 2.06
2013-14 2.928 2.13 57.9 1.86
2012-13 2.569 3.24 44.2 1.34
2011/2012 3.118 2.609 54.4 2.35
2010/2011 3.616 2.253 61.6 2.25
2009/2010 3.255 2.375 57.8 2.2

Except for season under Carlyle, Grabo has always been on the ice for more goals forced than against/

Confidence matters. I don't know if you recall but we have already discussed the confidence issues of Gards. Once he gets the confidence and gets time to develop chemistry with a partner he will do fine.

Naz has always played well even last year but was not given the ice-time he deserved and had revolving door of wingers. Same with Gards this year (Polak, Rielly, Holzer, and I think he also took shifts with Robidas).

Gards was the only D-man that gave Bruins heart attack in that playoff series. Cannot write him off this easily.

ALso, if Nonis was trying to do what you suggest then he could have done it in private as well instead of running his mouth in the media. Look at what Shanny did with Kadri and improvement in kadri's game. Shanny had a chat with Naz in private. If Naz hadn't talked about it in media we wouldn't have known how Shanny gave Naz the confidence.

The perceived lack of patience doesn't come from management or coaching, It's from the fan expectations and media.

For instance last night, Gardiner does the high stick play and then gaff on 3-2 goal, And he continued to get playing time in the 3rd and OT. They've been more than patient with Gardiner.

Agree with you on the first part but not on the 2nd one. 3rd goal was not Gardiner's fault. Bozak missed his assignment. Its already been talked about and proven here:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1782721&page=32

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
ALso, if Nonis was trying to do what you suggest then he could have done it in private as well instead of running his mouth in the media. Look at what Shanny did with Kadri and improvement in kadri's game. Shanny had a chat with Naz in private. If Naz hadn't talked about it in media we wouldn't have known how Shanny gave Naz the confidence.

[/url]

:laugh: i didn't say it was right ;) I said it could be something he's doing. I agree a lot of things should be behind closed doors. I just try not to go to the big negative though. lol it makes my life easier ;)

i kind of do (remember that conversation re: Jake). but not verbatim (i don't even remember which thread it was in), or what prompted it it's been a long week (and it's only Monday. oi).

jbell886

Sep 6, 2009
going to my first game in a few years. will be taking my cousin whos a big ducks fan

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Hey guys, we are flying up for the game tomorrow, anyone have any recommendations on a good place to hit for dinner before or after the game? Thanks in advance. This should be an entertaining game. :nod:

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
Hey guys, we are flying up for the game tomorrow, anyone have any recommendations on a good place to hit for dinner before or after the game? Thanks in advance. This should be an entertaining game. :nod:

Well you should try some of the street meat before the game. It's pretty damn good here.:laugh: For a serious meal, there's so many quality places you couldn't possibly go wrong. But like plf said, Danforth has a tonne of good places

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012

If your willing to spend some money, I recommend the Merche! Its located in the BCE place on Front Street, its unique because it doesn't have any servers. Its more like a grocery store, diffferent sections (ie beef section, salads/fruits, international cuisine etc) and you use a card to swipe it at the stand and then you bring the food back to the table. There's also a bar where you can purchase drinks, I got to warn you its absurdly priced, for example $9.50 for a mixed drink.... but its strong lol.

I highly recommend it for u guys.

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
The Leafs seem to play well against the Ducks in the last few years. Hoping for a good game by the Kessel line cause they need one.

Bernier is probably gonna start this one.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
The Leafs seem to play well against the Ducks in the last few years. Hoping for a good game by the Kessel line cause they need one.

Bernier is probably gonna start this one.

Smart decison to role with Bernier, soley because he knows the Ducks and will work to our advantage.

danron1376

Jan 3, 2011
we can pass the habs tomorrow with a win and a habs loss (but to carolina). good news is that we will still have that game in hand after tomorrow

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
If your willing to spend some money, I recommend the Merche! Its located in the BCE place on Front Street, its unique because it doesn't have any servers. Its more like a grocery store, diffferent sections (ie beef section, salads/fruits, international cuisine etc) and you use a card to swipe it at the stand and then you bring the food back to the table. There's also a bar where you can purchase drinks, I got to warn you its absurdly priced, for example $9.50 for a mixed drink.... but its strong lol.

I highly recommend it for u guys.

That place is fantastic. The room with the swing set seats is quite interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad