Claimed off Waivers: Ducks claim Emerson Etem

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Etem is the spectre of a trade that the Ducks would rather forget.

Palmieri > Devils for a 2nd/3rd > Etem + 2nd/3rd > Rangers for Hagelin > Hagelin for Perron + Clendening> Perron signs with the Blues and Clendening signs with the Rangers

Murray is on the hot seat this year and I wouldn't be surprised to see him fired even if Anaheim makes the playoffs.

Last edited:

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
He played okay down the stretch last year, but he's just so frustrating to watch. Doesn't bring enough energy, hockey sense and two-way game is lacking. He's horrible at making plays for linemates, tries to do too much by himself and isn't good enough at this level to get away with those deficiencies.

He recently had a kid though so that combined with having to move must be pretty hectic.

Oct 18, 2011
probably helps the team speed and 4th line but i would've rather seen them take a shot at McNeil instead.

anything that keeps boll out of the lineup is fine with me

clownshoes

Mar 5, 2008
Windowless room
Raymond, Bieksa and now Etem. Murray likes to collect garbage.

The fans don't call him dumpster diving Bob for nothin'.

I know money is tight but he loses Mcginn(20+ goals),Perron(20+ goals) and Pirri(solid 15 goal guy) and replaces them with Raymond,Boll,Vermette(only good signing, still meh), wagner, and now Etem. Factor in bad contracts a couple years ago (Bieska, Stoner, Kesler(too much $ imo) which showed no foresight, and he's set himself up to collect more garbage than usual for this season. The bottom 6 now is all AHL and fringe NHL crap.

Raymond/Vermette/Sorenson
Etem/Wagner/Garbutt/Boll(1-way contract)
Half the line-up is crap
It can be maddening for the fans.

Last edited:

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
oh god. been there done that

this season couldn't be starting off on a worse note

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
“He’s got tons of talent,†Fowler said. “Just needs to harness it the right way and he can be an impact player for us for a long time. Looking forward to having him back and looking forward to seeing him because he’s always got a way of kind of brightening up the room.â€

OC Register

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
“He’s got tons of talent,†Fowler said. “Just needs to harness it the right way and he can be an impact player for us for a long time. Looking forward to having him back and looking forward to seeing him because he’s always got a way of kind of brightening up the room.â€

OC Register

How sure are we that Fowler and DucksGo aren't the same person?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad