GDT: Ducks @ Avs | 7pm MT | You Better Duck

Best Pie for Thanksgiving

• Total voters

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
RyJo 68.8% in the circle.
CMac completely whiffed this offseason.

RyJo has failed he was mid before his injury last year and is much worse now. Can't believe people wanted this guy over Compher. Not like JTC has 11 pts in 15 games this year or anything. This notion that RyJo is better than JTC is simply not the case, just people projecting their dislike of JTC and remembering RyJo of 5 years ago not slow guy going through the motions now.

Drouin is not really a NHLer. He proved that over the last 2 years. Kiviranta has the same stat line in 2 games that Drouin has in 13 games. Which isn't surprising since Kiviranta is just a nose down play the game type and Drouin is a floater, who doesn't like hard work or physicality. Should have been looking for a better league minimum player, there are plenty that would bring more to the table. Drouin is just a name that people remember from his stellar junior career at this point.

Tatar has picked it up easily the best of the bunch. He was bad there for a bit but after getting benched a few games back he's been much more engaged, he got the message Bednar sent him. But overall not super stoked on his play so far this year

It's going to be really difficult to be successful this year when all 3 risks the GM took are performing poorly. CMac absolutely stuck out this offseason. Made 1 good trade for Colton and then 1 bad one for RyJo, and completely missed at the draft by not using the late firsts for now help. And if we have another early playoff exit that should be the nail in the coffin for him.

Yeah Johansen sucks and so does Drouin but he gets no credit for Wood (contract isn’t great, I know that)? Colton? Kiviranta? Olofsson? Caleb Jones? Tufte? Tatar?

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
American Thanksgiving is obviously linked to pumpkin pie but out of these choices the best is apple pie. A la mode please.

I'm a bit picky with apple pies though...not the ones with big slices of apples. I prefer those like in picture below.

vOqVKe0.png

My grandma's apple pie filling looked almost like apple sauce...and their pies were pretty thin. She was making them from scratch including the crust. Those were the best pies I ever had. I miss my grandma :(

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
@BoneCherry and I are the only two correct people here. I still love pumpkin pie, but all pumpkin pie wishes they could have the lighter texture and better balance of sweet/spicy/savory. In both though, add a shot of good bourbon to the mix.

Reactions: BoneCherry

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
The only pies that humans can make are bilberry, lingonberry, and apple. Choice of crumble or quark because no one likes warm fruit. Everyone knows this.

E: Oh and rhubarb.

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
The only pies that humans can make are bilberry, lingonberry, and apple. Choice of crumble or quark because no one likes warm fruit. Everyone knows this.

E: Oh and rhubarb.
Strawberry rhubarb pie is arguably the best pie... but it isn't a thanksgiving pie.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Pecan is the correct answer.

Anything pumpkin is nasty. Pie, muffins, scones, latte, etc. No thanks.

Strawberry rhubarb pie is arguably the best pie... but it isn't a thanksgiving pie.

It’s at least in the mix. So good.

Congrats on having a good food opinion for once. 🤣

Reactions: Avs91

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Pecan is the correct answer.

Anything pumpkin is nasty. Pie, muffins, scones, latte, etc. No thanks.

It’s at least in the mix. So good.

Congrats on having a good food opinion for once. 🤣

You gotta pretend to like the pumpkin spice lattes so you can impress the chicks

Reactions: Avs_19

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Yeah Johansen sucks and so does Drouin but he gets no credit for Wood (contract isn’t great, I know that)? Colton? Kiviranta? Olofsson? Caleb Jones? Tufte? Tatar?
Well Ryjo at 4m centering the second line and on the books for another year was the biggest and most important gamble and he’s god awful so yeah that’s a pretty tough one to make up

Last edited:

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
@BoneCherry and I are the only two correct people here. I still love pumpkin pie, but all pumpkin pie wishes they could have the lighter texture and better balance of sweet/spicy/savory. In both though, add a shot of good bourbon to the mix.
Grand Marnier in pumpkin pie makes a world of difference

Also I don’t care about the classification difference between tart and pie or the holiday, I will live and die by cherry Bakewell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad