Friedman: Ducks and Penguins discussing Nic Deslauriers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ah so he wont be moved. Saw his size and the hits and figured Burke/Hex would be in on that.

Well maybe he will and then they could sign him in the summer if he does move. like they did with Derek Grant. I think a lot depends on their plans with Manson. Have Drysdale, Hakanpaa, Manson, and Shattenkirk on RD now. Ducks have actually been playing Drysdale on his off side.

Reactions: 66-30-33
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Ah so he wont be moved. Saw his size and the hits and figured Burke/Hex would be in on that.
I think he certainly could be moved but he won't be a throw-in or at least he shouldn't be. Wouldn't be surprised if a RD is moved before next season but I think most Ducks fans hope it's Shattenkirk who goes.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Des once scored a hat trick like a year ago, how many 4th line goons can do that ? He has hard wrist shot with solid accuracy.
Solid defensively and can skate.

Reactions: snowave

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I thought we were trying to win the cup, not trying to find a dance partner for Tom Wilson.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
He’s actually been solid for the Ducks, but I understand a lot of people on here don’t like fighting.

I'm not saying that based his role as an enforcer, I'm saying it based on how bad he looked with the habs before we traded him.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Godspeed, Desi. Thanks for everything.

EDIT: Apparently deal isn't done yet, another feather to Friedman's dunce cap...

Last edited:

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Hey Duck fans how is Hakanpaa? maybe he can be thrown in, saw he's one of the hit leaders.

One of the few positive surprises on the team. He's very solid, probably a #4 guy ideally... in a trade, Des would be the throw in on the trade, not Hakanpaa. I think most Ducks fans are hoping to re-sign him after the ED (and management I believe wants to do that as well). He pinches down low sometimes but he's usually smart about it (doesn't get caught out of position) but he's pretty limited offensively. He's pretty solid defensively, though and as you mentioned, hits anything that moves.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
For all we know this is just Brian Burke and Bob Murray talking about old times when Murray worked under Burke.

Burke has hired Randy Carlyle twice on seperate teams, i wonder how long before Randy shows up in Pitt.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
I’m sad, he is on contract next season at a reasonable price. Would have been around to protect Zegras and Drysdale. Also a very popular teammate.
I'd prefer to keep him, especially if it's for a 6th. Even a 5th. A 4th I'd be super happy just because this is a buyers market.

Reactions: McDonald19

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Hextall and Burke have said one area that they feel needs addressed is a physical winger who offers size and grit. If the Pen look to play the Isles, Caps and Bruins in the playoffs, he will bring needed bang to the game. Sid and Geno will like this deal.

Reactions: CrosbyMalkin

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Des is one of the few ducks I don't wanna trade....

He holds people accountable and actually is a decent hockey player too.
dude, he's one of the players that should be traded. he's not helping the players develop. he's not exactly helping us win. he's the perfect type of player a rebuilding should trade away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad