GDT: Ducks(7-2-1)@Cahokia(6-4-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Chicago has Bolig a heavyweight along with Mayers and Brookbank
Beleskey is not enough despite how skilled Chicago is they are still tough
To give you an idea Staubitz led the entire team in hits despite playing 5-6 mins

then we can roll

staubitz-rakell-palmieri/belesky depending on who stays on that 1st line

and send etem down

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
The lucky part, for me, was the way some of the bounces went and that I don't think we were the best team tonight. But I love seeing Anaheim fight tooth and nail for the points. We've been missing that. This team doesn't just hate to lose, they just don't seem willing to accept it.

I completely agree, the Ducks weren't the best team and they needed a bit of luck to win. However, as I'm sure you know, that never say die attitude, where a team makes their own luck, is something we've seen in the past and it's an attribute only the best teams have.

Winning when you aren't the best team, takes a ton of heart and it really makes me proud to see this team achieving that type of win.

Also, it's been a log time (probably 06-07) since I've seen the Ducks play this much like a team. They're winning because EVERYONE is contributing. It's wonderful to watch.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Hoping Perry starts to get it together soon. We need him.

Also hope Fowler can come back soon

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
then we can roll

staubitz-rakell-palmieri/belesky depending on who stays on that 1st line

and send etem down

I after this road trip Rackell is gone its obvious the staff is working with him on some things before he goes back.
But those lines arent bad i could see Etem sitting next game for Rackells final chance

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I completely agree, the Ducks weren't the best team and they needed a bit of luck to win. However, as I'm sure you know, that never say die attitude, where a team makes their own luck, is something we've seen in the past and it's an attribute only the best teams have.

Winning when you aren't the best team, takes a ton of heart and it really makes me proud to see this team achieving that type of win.

Also, it's been a log time (probably 06-07) since I've seen the Ducks play this much like a team. They're winning because EVERYONE, is contributing. It's wonderful to watch.

No argument from me. I was proud of this team tonight. Ugly or not, they put in the effort(and were clearly tired) and battled across the finish line.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Fowler is not there yet defensively he is the #2 following by Beauch

I'm not sure there is a team in the league that would prefer Souray over Fowler. Even for just a single season.

Also, I'd point out Souray's D partner. Then I'd point out Allen.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I love the way Souray is playing, but when Fowler was healthy, he was the best player on the ice most nights

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
In a statement just released jointly by Gary Bettman and Donald Fehr, the league and NHLPA are "filing suit to rescind all 3 points awarded in tonight's ANA-STL game". They were quoted as saying, "nobody deserves points for that game!"

That had to be one of the ugliest, albeit entertaining games I've seen in years. Hopefully no young goalies watched that game. They could have nightmares for many years to come.

Souray has definitely stepped it up since his first couple of games. Let's hope that play lasts as long as his contract. ;)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
In a statement just released jointly by Gary Bettman and Donald Fehr, the league and NHLPA are "filing suit to rescind all 3 points awarded in tonight's ANA-STL game". They were quoted as saying, "nobody deserves points for that game!"

That had to be one of the ugliest, albeit entertaining games I've seen in years. Hopefully no young goalies watched that game. They could have nightmares for many years to come.

Souray has definitely stepped it up since his first couple of games. Let's hope that play lasts as long as his contract. ;)
lets give credit there was some pretty nice offensive plays. And steens fake out was world class shootout move.

SoCalHockey

Jun 11, 2010
A lot of people are praising Souray but man he makes me tense sometimes. I feel he is doing a great job, I'm not bashing him whatsoever, but his lack of mobility and his tendency to dump the puck around the boards is almost too easy to read. There were several times a blues player made it to the puck uncontested because they read what Souray was going to do. I will admit though he continues to surprise me with his little dekes when he is standing completely still to get the puck around an oncoming player and pass it out of the zone. But if he gets caught while doing that... scary. I liked the signing and I like how he has played but until i get use to his style, which is pretty nonchalant looking, ill always be tense.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
lets give credit there was some pretty nice offensive plays. And steens fake out was world class shootout move.

In a 60 minute game there are always a few nice plays. But when mistakes are being made all over the place and the puck is bouncing like crazy you are going to see a lot more of what looks like nice plays that never should have happened.

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
Listened to the first period on my way to work and kinda watched in and out. Seemed like another ugly one but will take it. Hopefully they work on some things and can start better next game.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
A lot of people are praising Souray but man he makes me tense sometimes. I feel he is doing a great job, I'm not bashing him whatsoever, but his lack of mobility and his tendency to dump the puck around the boards is almost too easy to read. There were several times a blues player made it to the puck uncontested because they read what Souray was going to do. I will admit though he continues to surprise me with his little dekes when he is standing completely still to get the puck around an oncoming player and pass it out of the zone. But if he gets caught while doing that... scary. I liked the signing and I like how he has played but until i get use to his style, which is pretty nonchalant looking, ill always be tense.

I think DVM nailed it. Souray and Beauchemin are good complements. I think they have both done a good job of supporting each other, and making up for each other's mistakes. As a pair, I think they have been our best.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
This game day thread reads like a speed date session between a bunch of schizophrenic bi-polar drama queens who took too many bad cocktails of Xanax and crystal Meth. :laugh:

Looks like Hagen Daas reads the board, remember how many times we all said Koivu should get more shootout chances in the last few years? He's got a pair of filthy Finnish mitts on him.

Speaking of filthy mitts, another 4 pt night for Teemu. Absolutely ridiculous. I want to know what Sirpa is feeding him at night, because it's obvious she's a witch and she's keeping him from aging with some crazy Finnish voodoo magic.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
This game day thread reads like a speed date session between a bunch of schizophrenic bi-polar drama queens who took too many bad cocktails of Xanax and crystal Meth. :laugh:

Looks like Hagen Daas reads the board, remember how many times we all said Koivu should get more shootout chances in the last few years? He's got a pair of filthy Finnish mitts on him.

Speaking of filthy mitts, another 4 pt night for Teemu. Absolutely ridiculous. I want to know what Sirpa is feeding him at night, because it's obvious she's a witch and she's keeping him from aging with some crazy Finnish voodoo magic.

selanne seems like hes just scoring ni bunches this year lol

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
This team would be unstoppable if they can figure out how kill a freaking penalty ... 28th going into tonight, came out of it 29th. Woohoo.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
It's too passive. Giving a pp time is a ****ing stupid strategy.

this. i've never understood this.. lets give the best nhl players on a team time and space.. why.. pressure them and make them make plays under pressure. sure a few times they'll execute but most of the time the best PK's are the aggressive ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad