GDT: Ducks 2022 Pre-Season GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
First game is already here today at 2pm.

Screenshot_20220925-002848_Chrome.jpg

Lineups to come.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ducks DVM and Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
The official website only shows a radio feed of AM 710. I'm quite surprised there isn't a notification of "Ducks Stream" on there since Ducks Stream says it will stream all live game broadcasts.

• Wow
Reactions: Daz28

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Looks like Verbeek is much less shy about using 18 year olds in preseason games than BM was. Seems like a guarantee that at least 3 of Gaucher, Mintyukov, Luneau, and Warren will play.

Can't remember the last time a non-first round pick 18 year old played in a preseason game.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
The team today is primarily players on a PTO, players intended for the AHL, and a few players who will be reassigned to juniors, but who get this game as a bit of a reward for their first/second round draft position in the most recent draft. Jones was probably sent as part of his recovery after missing almost all of last year.

There is a requirement that at least eight players in an NHL exhibition must be "veterans". The definition of veteran is rather loose, as it includes first round draft choices from the most recent draft:

15.4 Exhibition Games.

(c) A Club shall be permitted to dress a minimum of eight (8) veterans for any Exhibition Game. For purposes of this Section 15.4(c), a veteran shall constitute either:

(1) a forward or defenseman who played in thirty (30) NHL Games during the previous season,

(2) a goaltender who either dressed in fifty (50) or more NHL Games or played in thirty (30) or more NHL Games in the previous season,

(3) a first round draft choice from the most recent year's Entry Draft, or

(4) any Player who has played one-hundred (100) or more career NHL Games.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

We have five possible centers for this group:

Lundestrom​
Groulx​
Gawdin​
O'Regan​
Gaucher​

During the training camp roster lineup, Gaucher played RW while the others were playing center.

On our schedule, it lists SJ with a split squad. I wondered if we'd be doing the same since we have more than enough to field two teams. Looking at this group, it is a split squad. We have a back-to-back with an away game and then a home game.

The interesting part is who we could be seeing play center in Tuesday's game... or not play center. heh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad