Rumor: Ducharme wanted Corey Perry to stay and be Habs captain

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I'm all for blaming Bergy but he didn't choose to let Perry go, Perry wanted to win another cup and get a second year. I have no doubt Bergy offered him more on a one year deal than he's getting total in Tampa.

Perry's gotta be grateful at least, nobody wanted to sign him after his Dallas run and he came here on a PTO and revitalized his career.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It would have been the logical stopgap choice. so DD got one thing right at least.

Anyways, so glad we're doing a proper rebuild instead of that mediocrity that would have been. Perry knew it. That's why he left.

Reactions: Oryxo

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I'm all for blaming Bergy but he didn't choose to let Perry go, Perry wanted to win another cup and get a second year. I have no doubt Bergy offered him more on a one year deal than he's getting total in Tampa.

Perry's gotta be grateful at least, nobody wanted to sign him after his Dallas run and he came here on a PTO and revitalized his career.

All I heard was he wanted a second year and MB did not want to give him for whatever reasons. So if that's the truth then it's all on MB. And if what was said by Martin Leclerc is true and everybody wanted Perry to come back except Bergevin then it was a huge blunder and no wonder why everything went south. Him and Weber were basically coaching the team.

Kiss Under the Guy

Mar 21, 2022

I don't get why he wasn't signed until so late. He really was awesome for Dallas in the finals, and the way his wife did the quarantine to go in the bubble showed the character in his off-ice life

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
nonstory noun

non·sto·ry | \ ˌnän-ˈstȯr-ē \

plural nonstories

Definition of nonstory

1- information that someone tries to pass on that is of no importance or of no interest to anyone

2- typical over dramatization of an irrelevent event used mainly by sports media in offseasons to supplement income

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Reactions: calder candidate

Kiss Under the Guy

Mar 21, 2022
nonstory noun

plural nonstories

Definition of nonstory

1- information that someone tries to pass on that is of no importance or of no interest to anyone

2- typical over dramatization of an irrelevent event used mainly by sports media in offseasons to supplement income
Nonstories are often spottable by the quality of the sentences in the text and/or mistakes in their title.

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
After this season make a trade for him if he wants to come here, make him captain and tell him he can play here as long as he wants on cheap deals.

WatchfulElm

Former "Domi a favor"
Jan 31, 2007
Rive-Sud
nonstory noun

plural nonstories

Definition of nonstory

It certainly is anecdotal, but it's a piece of information that I didn't know and that reveals something about the internal dynamic of the past management. Not what I call a nonstory.

Hossa's gloves were a nonstory. This is not a big story by any mean, but I'm glad the best sport journalist in Montreal (Martin Leclerc) is reporting it.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Oh no we lost Perry!
Oh no we lost Danault!
Etc…
Better for the long run.
All this means is we would be picking 7th instead of 1st right now.

Reactions: Lazytrout

Lazytrout

Dec 8, 2021
Oh no we lost Perry!
Oh no we lost Danault!
Etc…
Better for the long run.
All this means is we would be picking 7th instead of 1st right now.
Bergy and Ducharme might even still be there lol
I don't mind the butterfly effect.

Reactions: McGees

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Honestly, I'm happy he didn't resign here at the end of the day. It would've been a shit season anyway and we probably don't get Shane.

Reactions: BLONG7

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I can believe Ducharme wanted to keep Perry for a few years and name him captain. But it's clear management didn't think it was a good idea because MB offered him a 1-year deal and the only reason Perry left was because Tampa was offering a 2-year deal.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I can believe Ducharme wanted to keep Perry for a few years and name him captain. But it's clear management didn't think it was a good idea because MB offered him a 1-year deal and the only reason Perry left was because Tampa was offering a 2-year deal.
Dom, well to be polite his judgements were less than stellar. Dom's opinion sure doesn't warrant that kind of input.
Perry is chasing a Cup, and was not staying, no matter the offer. It's all moot...

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad