Dubois

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
If the Kings are gonna help him, then they need a coach like Bruce Boudreau, who is a players coach. Boudreau has a knack for getting more offense out of his players. I said it would be a bad move to buyout PLD, but a lot of ppl kept on pushing for it. This defense first philosophy killed the Kings too much this season. The team needs a coach that can tap into offensive talent this team has, and play a more up tempo game. That goes for the PP as well needing to be played at more of an up tempo, movement and quick passes. Clarke on the point would help a lot and maybe designate some shooters on both units.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
If the Kings are gonna help him, then they need a coach like Bruce Boudreau, who is a players coach. Boudreau has a knack for getting more offense out of his players. I said it would be a bad move to buyout PLD, but a lot of ppl kept on pushing for it. This defense first philosophy killed the Kings too much this season. The team needs a coach that can tap into offensive talent this team has, and play a more up tempo game. That goes for the PP as well needing to be played at more of an up tempo, movement and quick passes. Clarke on the point would help a lot and maybe designate some shooters on both units.

I think you're right in some ways but even if we do all that, and everything works out, at the end of the day we still don't have a 1C, 1D nor a 1G. So ultimately it would be pointless.

I think Clarke is still a couple seasons away from being solid enough to be a top 4 D, defensively and a the bottom six PMD spot is already occupied by Spence. If the FO is cleaned out and we get the guy who can do the rebuild, then we can do all you say above, including help PLD boost his numbers. But we're in no shape for a re-tool.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I think you're right in some ways but even if we do all that, and everything works out, at the end of the day we still don't have a 1C, 1D nor a 1G. So ultimately it would be pointless.

I think Clarke is still a couple seasons away from being solid enough to be a top 4 D, defensively and a the bottom six PMD spot is already occupied by Spence. If the FO is cleaned out and we get the guy who can do the rebuild, then we can do all you say above, including help PLD boost his numbers. But we're in no shape for a re-tool.
1C is Byfield, 1D is still Doughty, and the 1G has to be traded for. I think Roy will walk and Clarke can be fitted into his spot. They have possible trade options maybe with Juuse Saros, Darcy Kuemper(yes, I'm not joking), that Elvis guy with CBJ's, maybe Jarry from the Pens, Anton Forsberg from the Sens, FA's could be Samsonov, Stolarz, Brossoit, Kevin Lankinen.

Reactions: David Lunch

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
1C is Byfield, 1D is still Doughty, and the 1G has to be traded for. I think Roy will walk and Clarke can be fitted into his spot. They have possible trade options maybe with Juuse Saros, Darcy Kuemper(yes, I'm not joking), that Elvis guy with CBJ's, maybe Jarry from the Pens, Anton Forsberg from the Sens, FA's could be Samsonov, Stolarz, Brossoit, Kevin Lankinen.

If you are thinking about trading for the likes of Keumper and Jarry, specifically, then PLD has to be part of the transaction going the other way, the term and the salaries (both Pitt and Wsh would likely add in another contract or LA retains a percentage of PLD) could match up in theory.

Dubas might be dumb enough to be intrigued by a deal.

Brossoit is an interesting free agent option.

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
To help PLD? I think he needs something like this to help him:
1715097486559.png

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
Dubois is like a couple of employees I need to can. Always with excuses to cover up their incompetencies.

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
This kid is a cancer. Every team he's been on has become worse after he joined, and improved right away after he left.

Reactions: chris kontos

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
A dubious decision - which was not a shocker considering they kept Blake

In order to buy him out at the 1/3 cost vs 2/3 cost, Cup final would have to be over by game 5.
As buyout window doesn’t open until 48 hours after the cup is won.
PLD’s birthday is June 24.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
If you are thinking about trading for the likes of Keumper and Jarry, specifically, then PLD has to be part of the transaction going the other way, the term and the salaries (both Pitt and Wsh would likely add in another contract or LA retains a percentage of PLD) could match up in theory.

Dubas might be dumb enough to be intrigued by a deal.

Brossoit is an interesting free agent option.
I like the idea of Brossoit, he's a solid FA option. We'd definitely be French Canadia West. f*** it bring in Couturier to complete the set. Bergevin and PLD aren't invited tho, Luc too.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Not a fan a Dubois but even less a fan of Hockey content creators on YouTube who have been feasting on this all season with click-baity titles and thumbnails.
Pretty much explains Ecks channel where all his titles are clickbait and two minute videos

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Tell us something we already don't know: the video.
Not a fan a Dubois but even less a fan of Hockey content creators on YouTube who have been feasting on this all season with click-baity titles and thumbnails.
I thought the last quarter of the video was well worth a watch.

He's had the same issues going all the way back to Junior, and every team gets better after he leaves.

Reactions: bouncesonly

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
I thought the last quarter of the video was well worth a watch.

He's had the same issues going all the way back to Junior, and every team gets better after he leaves.
I don't doubt it, but I have such singular rage for PLD right now I can't stomach it. I've never had such disdain for a player before, the f***ing lazy entitled millionaire athlete that he is. He needs to be buried in the minors if he keeps playing like he has, at least send a message to the other players that effort like that won't be tolerated, regardless of contract. This also seems to be a concerning ongoing theme for the club, many ex-players are leaving and having success elsewhere, which is a sign of a toxic environment.

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I don't doubt it, but I have such singular rage for PLD right now I can't stomach it. I've never had such disdain for a player before, the f***ing lazy entitled millionaire athlete that he is. He needs to be buried in the minors if he keeps playing like he has, at least send a message to the other players that effort like that won't be tolerated, regardless of contract. This also seems to be a concerning ongoing theme for the club, many ex-players are leaving and having success elsewhere, which is a sign of a toxic environment.
Yeah, about that...

Not to invoke more rage, but he has an NMC next season and can't be sent down to the AHL unless he allows it:

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I'll even buy a Habs Dubois jersey.

I'll drive him to the airport myself and pack his bags for him.
Sorry AI made you old here. It was no cooperating.

1715283947293.png

The first 10 images it made that were close to correct made the suitcase packer a female, so... the old guys is more of a compliment.. and a slight win

Here's one of the bad ones. kinda frustrating. It was making this debate my instructions of sad guy in la kings jersey wearing #80
1715284080686.png

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Yeah, about that...

Not to invoke more rage, but he has an NMC next season and can't be sent down to the AHL unless he allows it:

Of course....I guess there are other ways tho, like sitting him in the press box or benching his ass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad