Dubois

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I dunno we play the Sharks tonight so he might get the 2 points and we play Chicago the last game of the season so I don't think Iafallo's average career year is out of reach for PLD

Now if we could only get him to show up to games that matter maybe these STUNNING metrics would mean something

and i'm sorry (not really) but this just looks f***ing hilarious

View attachment 845928

Double digits all over...but only one of them is in the reverse direction

Jack Johnson PLD is simply a victim of circumstance! He jumped on the ice 10 times as the opposing team scored!

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I really wish you guys would buy him out but it's not gonna happen, dude is a privileged loser he deserves the career humiliation from a buy out. Maybe it would make him put some effort on his next club and humble him . Not gonna happen tho

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I remember seeing this exact argument on these boards when JJ broke into the league. Naw, he was just really bad.
Only the real ones remember Jack Johnson in the playoffs against Vancouver in 2010.

That PP was special. :*)

gettyimages-98595926-2048x2048.jpg

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I really wish you guys would buy him out but it's not gonna happen, dude is a privileged loser he deserves the career humiliation from a buy out. Maybe it would make him put some effort on his next club and humble him . Not gonna happen tho
It all depends on what happens in the playoffs.

If the Kings flame out early and badly, it's game over for the front office. Dubois was supposed to be the key, the missing piece, the 2012 Jeff Carter , the 5th lion in Voltron..
Obviously he has sucked. There was some smoke at the deadline and whether that was real or manufactured remains to be seen.

But if we face Dallas, the Kings will get swept and bye bye Bluc

Please go to capfriendly and look at two things

The cap is a mess for next season. They are going to have to let Roy walk and we have no f***ing goaltending, and Byfield is up and due a huge raise

Look at PLD's buyout the next 3 off-seasons. As the great philosophers Led Zeppelin once said "now's the time, the time is now, going round the world gonna find my girl....on my way. I've been this way 10 years to the day..."

21Dog

Mar 29, 2007
Tulare, Ca
It all depends on what happens in the playoffs.

If the Kings flame out early and badly, it's game over for the front office. Dubois was supposed to be the key, the missing piece, the 2012 Jeff Carter , the 5th lion in Voltron..
Obviously he has sucked.
He's been Joe Besser and Joe DeRita trying to replace Curley.

Reactions: Lt Dan

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Is there any truth that Blake had Debois going to the Bruins for they're goaltender. I heard that there was a trade with the Bruins at the deadline but it didn't go through. But the internet has some saying the Debois has worn his welcome out here in LA and blake was ready to pull the trigger on trading him and will still entertain trade offers on him.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Is there any truth that Blake had Debois going to the Bruins for they're goaltender. I heard that there was a trade with the Bruins at the deadline but it didn't go through. But the internet has some saying the Debois has worn his welcome out here in LA and blake was ready to pull the trigger on trading him and will still entertain trade offers on him.
I think there had to be something to that. The only way the Kings fit Ullmark's cap hit in under the cap was a significant amount of salary heading to Boston. The Bruins were also a team that needed players that could play Center to go along with a strong group of Wings. So the trade made sense from both sides, no idea what the other pieces potentially were though.

jtalton

Sep 19, 2018
I think there had to be something to that. The only way the Kings fit Ullmark's cap hit in under the cap was a significant amount of salary heading to Boston. The Bruins were also a team that needed players that could play Center to go along with a strong group of Wings. So the trade made sense from both sides, no idea what the other pieces potentially were though.
hopefully they revisit this trade after the season. Getting this bum out for a goalie would be a miracle

Reactions: VILARGOD and Lt Dan

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Interesting stats… Dubois over the last 19 games has 2+11 which is disappointing from a goal standpoint but he’s not had a single game where he was minus (+14 over the stretch). He’s now -9 on the season when he was -23. Even nearly 50% in the draw at 114/116.

I’m not saying he’s been good enough, or it was a good trade etc. However it seems Hiller has gotten a bit more out of him and he has played ‘better’, if still inconsistent. I’m drawing no conclusions as it’s too small a sample size but I am hoping he can round into some sort of form for the play-off (that’s hope not expectation).

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Interesting stats… Dubois over the last 19 games has 2+11 which is disappointing from a goal standpoint but he’s not had a single game where he was minus (+14 over the stretch). He’s now -9 on the season when he was -23. Even nearly 50% in the draw at 114/116.

I’m not saying he’s been good enough, or it was a good trade etc. However it seems Hiller has gotten a bit more out of him and he has played ‘better’, if still inconsistent. I’m drawing no conclusions as it’s too small a sample size but I am hoping he can round into some sort of form for the play-off (that’s hope not expectation).
Whats a bit shocking is his 5x5 point totals this season are about on target with his last couple seasons in WPG. Those have to be at the bottom of players making 8.5m aav.

1712614833293.png

Reactions: VILARGOD

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Even at 60ish points on average during his contract, I think it was a bad trade and contract. But at least there are raw numbers that make it feel less horrible. I don't like his general play, but not sure if some of that is driven by bias.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Whats a bit shocking is his 5x5 point totals this season are about on target with his last couple seasons in WPG. Those have to be at the bottom of players making 8.5m aav.

View attachment 848326
If they dont buy him out or trade him they should move him to wing next year. Put Byfield at center.
Dubois just floats too much and isnt all in on a night to night basis to play both ends like the Kings ask of their centers. Actually surprised he hasnt been moved to wing yet. They gave him a leash to figure things out that no one else has gotten in the Blake era.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

But what’s the difference between what Hiller has done and what Todd was doing?

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
that chart honestly makes me even more mad

on what planet are those 8yr $8.5M aav numbers?
Ya - this smacks of some kind of behind the scenes deal... its not a hockey deal to me when you look at his numbers and add in his rep.. i mean does Brisson have pics of Luc w a goat (not Gretzky, the ones with the weird eyes)

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He's not a play carrying center. He's at his best when he's a complementary--carried--winger.

I don't give a shit about his points over the last stretch when he visibly loses checks like it's going out of style--and ESPECIALLY with his pillowsoft matchups. What C in the NHL has f***ing KOPITAR AND DUBOIS taking all the tough matchups for him, and he's STILL getting outplayed? Like Athanasiou--this guy will LOSE us a series, not win us a series. Cool if he goes PPG and is still a net minus, its' just the worst version of Erik Karlsson.

Reactions: hn777 and Schmooley

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I feel like his goals with the Jets last season featured a lot of "big body in front of the net" type stuff, something this team kind of doesn't have. On the Kings, I feel like he is never in front of the net.

Coaching and deployment.

With two high end skill guys he is deployed net front and PP1, Jets have good success.

Now he is saddled with a rookie and spare parts with barely a whiff of PP time.

I actually want to see him on the LW with Kopi and Kempe, as I have said for months.

Tell PLD he is being deployed like he was in Peg, net front.

I think it would work but if not I swap PLD with Fiala, as LW L3.

Byfield has hit the wall and most of the goals are coming from Kopi and Kempe doing most of the lifting.

Put Byfield on L3 with Fiala and Laferriere or Kaliyev, try both.

Laferriere has been getting pushed around a lot and may be a weak link in the playoffs at times.

Love Laffys progress and potential but he kind hit a wall too.

I thought Grunny Sack would be back for L4, but starting to wonder what's up.

Reactions: funky

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
He's not a play carrying center. He's at his best when he's a complementary--carried--winger.

I don't give a shit about his points over the last stretch when he visibly loses checks like it's going out of style--and ESPECIALLY with his pillowsoft matchups. What C in the NHL has f***ing KOPITAR AND DUBOIS taking all the tough matchups for him, and he's STILL getting outplayed? Like Athanasiou--this guy will LOSE us a series, not win us a series. Cool if he goes PPG and is still a net minus, its' just the worst version of Erik Karlsson.

I think you mean Kopitar and Danault, obviously.

Win us a series?

You have a lot of nerve to even utter those words after you wrote the Kings off almost daily , the whole damn season.

Kindly use your turn signal when you change lanes after 77 games.

o_O:amazed::shakehead🚓🚔🚨

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad