Confirmed with Link: Dubas the new GM - TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
As usual the Leafs get it wrong. Shanahan really thinks that he is the smartest guy in the league. You can probably say bye to Hunter.. he didn’t leave London to be a glorified scout, working under a novice like Dubas.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
It seemed obvious it was him unless they went outside.
I guess we wait to see how accurate the "insiders" were about hunter leaving now.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
But but he never played the game!!!

I guess that twitter account with 163 followers is about to get a ton more today.

I welcome the choice of Dubas, if hunter wants to sulk and leave so be it. Plenty of scouts out there, he hasn’t found any players where you can say “oh wow he is a super scout” right now every player has progressed as picked. Losing hunter won’t be that big of a deal
Dermott was a pretty great pick, traded back and still got him. I also like Grundstrom

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

I guess that twitter account with 163 followers is about to get a ton more today.

I welcome the choice of Dubas, if hunter wants to sulk and leave so be it. Plenty of scouts out there, he hasn’t found any players where you can say “oh wow he is a super scout” right now every player has progressed as picked. Losing hunter won’t be that big of a deal
Honestly as long as we keep our euro scouting network in tact revamping our north American scouting wouldn't break my heart.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Don Cherry was right.
Let's give Dubas a chance before we bury him. Even Hunter would have had to earn it.
He does have his work cut out for him though. Lots to do.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Dermott was a pretty great pick, traded back and still got him. I also like Grundstrom

Yeah dermott for sure. Grundström as of now is performing like a 2nd round pick so it’s jot really one where you can say “wow we got him in the 2nd round?”.

I like hunter hope he stays he isn’t as big a loss as made out if we lose him though

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
As usual the Leafs get it wrong. Shanahan really thinks that he is the smartest guy in the league. You can probably say bye to Hunter.. he didn’t leave London to be a glorified scout, working under a novice like Dubas.
If Mark Hunter thinks its better to work in London over Toronto, then he isn't a guy you want on your team to begin with. Also, if Hunter was the "right" choice, how come we didn't hear the same rumors of him leaving Toronto for another NHL team like Dubas was? Can you explain that one to me?

Reactions: stickty111

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

Doesn't he have like 35k followers? @kyledubas

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Yay!

Can't wait until he makes the first move some posters don't agree with (which means any move at all really), then this place will be FUN. :laugh::laugh:

Wonderful news really, I have this funny feeling that with Dubas at the helm, we would have managed our assets differently over the last 12 months (cough cough JVR, cough cough). First think I'm watching for is what they do with Gardiner - I'll go on record now and predict Dubas will not let us go into next season without either resigning or trading him.

I have a ton of faith in Dubas, we'll see if that faith is justified. Fantastic news though, gives me more hope for the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad