DUB 2023 Final

CUP Winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
When it comes to winning the hype contest, Seattle hands down.

On ice? The ICE's depth is seriously underrated. Winnipeg in 6.

Reactions: wetcoast

paul-laus

Jun 20, 2007
Winnipeg will take advantage of their sweep over Toon Town and Seattle’s “grind ‘‘em out” six gamer over the Loops to knock off Seattle in six…

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
When it comes to winning the hype contest, Seattle hands down.

On ice? The ICE's depth is seriously underrated. Winnipeg in 6.
While my heart agrees with this my head says the Ice are the underdog here but I still took them.

BE Friend

Jul 16, 2021
You should have the poll closed before the game tomorrow.

Thankfully Hype never wins any games, Seattle in 6
POLL is on the honor system. I trust you.
In light of NHL major 10 sponsors, you can place your bets anytime. Sick of all the betting ads!

Walkingtalkingeye

Mar 28, 2012
What a game. Seattle didn't look great for the first two periods but man, when they turn it on...

I don't have any problem voting with my heart, I'm a fan dammit! Ice take it in seven. Unfortunately(?) I've got a trip to Halifax coming up next week so I won't be able to make it to games six and seven but I think they can do it. Was awesome to see a proper sized crowd for the Ice finally. Should be even bigger tomorrow night. Go Ice

Gonna try to hit up game six in the Mooseheads series.

Reactions: jetsmooseice

BE Friend

Jul 16, 2021
Decent crowd game considering x2 CAN important playoff games at same time. SEA splits they will take advantage with 3 home guaranteed,

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
Too little too late from Seattle but they sure meant business in the last 10 minutes, and especially with the man advantage. Will be interesting to see how the TBirds come out of the gate tonight, will they be sluggish like last night or come out roaring like at the end the game?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Seattle must be ESTATIC getting the split in Winnipeg... Now they get to go home for 3 games.... The crowd is going to be bananas in Kent

paul-laus

Jun 20, 2007
I hate the 2-3-2 format in the Dub. Winnipeg with the better record in the regular season should have had the advantage. Playing three in a row at home in the heart of a seven game series is completely beneficial..

Feb 7, 2012
Seattle
I hate the 2-3-2 format in the Dub. Winnipeg with the better record in the regular season should have had the advantage. Playing three in a row at home in the heart of a seven game series is completely beneficial..

I agree, Does feel like an advantage to the team with less points. This is all about trying to save money on travel costs right? Usually its 2-2-1-1-1

You think it's bad for you? Try watching those games when you're two hours ahead in the central time zone, hehe

Oh damn, these games won't be finished to around 11:30 your Time, and thats if it doesnt go to OT.

BE Friend

Jul 16, 2021
In the playoff de-brief doc I was able to see at the start of the playoffs, it stated the CHAMP series (presented by NUTRIEN) would be 2-3-2 regardless of teams. League caught a break with Jets getting bounced early and the series gets a pro arena for the TV coverage.

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
In the playoff de-brief doc I was able to see at the start of the playoffs, it stated the CHAMP series (presented by NUTRIEN) would be 2-3-2 regardless of teams. League caught a break with Jets getting bounced early and the series gets a pro arena for the TV coverage.

Games 1 and 2 were not on broadcast TV in Canada. Only games 6 and 7 would be. So the impact is quite minimal in that regard, only diehards with WHL Live subscriptions, or people watching highlights on Youtube would have noticed the change in setting. And TBH I'm not sure how much of a different it really makes, CLC and Wayne Fleming obviously look very different in person but on TV they don't present wildly differently given that the camera is focused on the ice and not on the stands.

Where the real difference is made is at the box office. Around 5,500 a night for both nights, with all of the excess tickets over the 2,000 capacity at Wayne Fleming sold at fairly high pricepoints of $32-$57 a head plus all the usual bogus Ticketmaster fees that TNSE levies. And TNSE sold food and drinks at full Jets prices which meant they made a tidy sum as well.

BE Friend

Jul 16, 2021
Games 1 and 2 were not on broadcast TV in Canada. Only games 6 and 7 would be. So the impact is quite minimal in that regard, only diehards with WHL Live subscriptions, or people watching highlights on Youtube would have noticed the change in setting. And TBH I'm not sure how much of a different it really makes, CLC and Wayne Fleming obviously look very different in person but on TV they don't present wildly differently given that the camera is focused on the ice and not on the stands.

Where the real difference is made is at the box office. Around 5,500 a night for both nights, with all of the excess tickets over the 2,000 capacity at Wayne Fleming sold at fairly high pricepoints of $32-$57 a head plus all the usual bogus Ticketmaster fees that TNSE levies. And TNSE sold food and drinks at full Jets prices which meant they made a tidy sum as well.
TSN is actually doing the rest of the series. But TSN cheaps out on CHL, they just phone it in using the in-rink video AND then only putting it on TSN 134..... or the TSN webcast channel
not on the main network. Yes pay day for the ICE. Little known fact, the evil ticketmaster (which should be broken up for anti-trust violation with LIVE nation) takes the heat for the fees but back doors some % of those fees back to the venue/team/city.

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
TSN is actually doing the rest of the series. But TSN cheaps out on CHL, they just phone it in using the in-rink video AND then only putting it on TSN 134..... or the TSN webcast channel
not on the main network. Yes pay day for the ICE. Little known fact, the evil ticketmaster (which should be broken up for anti-trust violation with LIVE nation) takes the heat for the fees but back doors some % of those fees back to the venue/team/city.
That's why I said "bogus Ticketmaster fees that TNSE levies". Everyone knows that those are just more money for the event host/promoter. Ticketmaster is just the fall guy, taking the heat is one of the services they provide to their clients.

BE Friend

Jul 16, 2021
Interesting the TSN broadcast meant swapping out the rink board ads. Action Plumbing of Kent replaced by Real Can Superstore and Tim Hortons. Don't know what the green screen tech costs the NHL but can this be coming soon?

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Winnnipeg need to swap Ostapchuk onto the top line in place of McClennon.

They got outplayed by Rysavy/Yager/Firkus in round 2 but were saved by their depth.

Now they're getting bullied by Schaefer/Lambert/Guenther and Geekie/Otsapchuk wont be able to generate an advantage down the middle against Davidson/Sawchyn/Dach the same way they did previously.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
It's crazy to see what Seattle is doing in the playoffs... 15-3 in the playoffs so far while beating some very good teams

Just such a dominating team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad