Drouin

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
Looking to know if Drouin is worth an add in a keeper League. We get to keep 3 players each year, after a player is kept for 3 consecutive seasons, they must re-enter the draft. This is the last year for my keepers and my team is as follows:

C: Stamkos (K)
C: Backstrom
LW: Hall (K)
LW: Pavelski (K)
RW: St. Louis
RW: Pominville
D: McDonagh
D: Giordano
D: Maatta
D: Jones
BN: Callahan
BN: Spezza
BN: Hornqvist
BN: E. Kane

I look at this team and I really only see a potential weakness with my last two defenseman in Maatta and Jones. Should I drop anyone and pick up Drouin for the future or wait it out? Stamkos and Hall will be re entering next year.

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
You're not understanding. I kept Pavelski, Stamkos and Hall. I drafted Backstrom.

Basically, is there anyone I should drop to make room for Drouin?

Joedaman55

Jun 7, 2014
Anchorage, AK
You're not understanding. I kept Pavelski, Stamkos and Hall. I drafted Backstrom.

Basically, is there anyone I should drop to make room for Drouin?

Right, but your next year keepers are Stamkos, Hall, and Backstrom. Drouin will not have higher value than these three and Drouin will take longer to develop until he gets to those players level.

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
Right, but your next year keepers are Stamkos, Hall, and Backstrom. Drouin will not have higher value than these three and Drouin will take longer to develop until he gets to those players level.

No. Hall and Stamkos have to go back in since their "contracts" are up. I've already kept them for 3 years so they're heading back in the draft.

Next year I'll probably look to keep

Backstrom, McDonagh, Kane, or Drouin. 3 of those 4 if I manage to get Drouin. I let MacK slip, I don't want to lose Drouin for the next 3 years.

Joedaman55

Jun 7, 2014
Anchorage, AK
No. Hall and Stamkos have to go back in since their "contracts" are up. I've already kept them for 3 years so they're heading back in the draft.

Backstrom, McDonagh, Kane, or Drouin. 3 of those 4 if I manage to get Drouin. I let MacK slip, I don't want to lose Drouin for the next 3 years.

Can you trade one of those players to get a new contract? If so I would ship them off for two players around the same value.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
I doubt you'd be keeping Drouin, so treat him as a 1 year player. What will he do next year? Well I think the hype behind him has gotten a little out of control. I see 30-40 points from him without much peripheral stats. So in a league this shallow, he's waiver fodder IMO. Looks to me like you need another dman though...

If he was healthy and developing chemistry with Stamkos right now, I might have a different outlook.

durranusmc

Sep 28, 2014
Boston

I think letting MacK slip was the wrong move. He is going to be a star this year and is just going to get better and better. You could pick up drouin now and have a season of limited potential, due to Roy starting him off slow and easing him into the league. He is going to start on third line. Who knows how he will adjust this year. Hopefully he makes it up to the 1st line before Christmas time.

JaeTM

Dec 3, 2009
Long Island
I think letting MacK slip was the wrong move. He is going to be a star this year and is just going to get better and better. You could pick up drouin now and have a season of limited potential, due to Roy starting him off slow and easing him into the league. He is going to start on third line. Who knows how he will adjust this year. Hopefully he makes it up to the 1st line before Christmas time.

Well I let him, "slip" by not trading a 3rd rounder for him last year. I was going to grab him with my first pick this year, but i had the 10th pick and he was taken like 7 or 8.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad