Drouin vs Nylander vs Ehlers

Who you take going forward ?

• Total voters

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Ehlers and Nylander still haven't separated themselves from each other. I'll take Ehlers for the better contract and metrics at this point.

EDIT: Another note is that Nylander had 12 more points this past season on the powerplay. If Ehlers was used on PP1 their point totals likely wouldn't be close.

Last edited:

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
I always thought nylander was better than ehlers but he has done very little to separate himself.

Reactions: nofehr

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Nylander and Ehlers are clones in production throughout there careers.

Both even had a down year in 2018-2019 (different circumstances but both drastically drastically underproduced)

Playoffs wise nylander has a slight edge but very small sample size. Ehlers has the better contract.

I'm fine with either player to be my teams 2RW and give 65-75 points

Drouin is being compared to guys two tiers above him. His entire career except for the 2016 ECF run has been a huge disapointment with him being unable to produce like a 1st liner

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
I think Nylander and Ehlers are close and two of the most underrated players in the entire league.

Is Drouin even a top-6 winger let alone a 1st line one like the other two?

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Ehlers speed strength and toughness puts him over the top.

What toughness? Not even being sarcastic. Ehlers is all speed and fitness. Not saying that's a bad thing but characterizing "toughness" as a main characteristic seems very odd.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
What toughness? Not even being sarcastic. Ehlers is all speed and fitness. Not saying that's a bad thing but characterizing "toughness" as a main characteristic seems very odd.

Ehlers fought Ryan Getzlaf. There’s certainly an element of toughness to his game that is missing in Nylander’s.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad