Value of: Drouin for Dman

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Yeah holy homer. Drouin may have more value than Granlund because of age. Going off of Drouin's point pace which was 59, Granlund had 10 more points. Granlund is basically a 70 point scorer. Drouin maybe has better tools, i.e. Shot, speed. Granlund's playmaking ability is ridiculous. I don't know what the difference is in between primary assists between the two. Granlund is also very good defensively. Saying Drouin for Karlsson is just ridiculous. Enough said on that one. Lol at Spurgeon+/Brodin+. It would be Drouin++ for them. Top Pairing Defenseman>>>Top-6 Winger.

Even when the winger is just past age 21? And nearly had 60 points playing for a coach who benched him quite a bit?

(And had a 69 point pace since the start of December, huh, that's the same as Granlund)
(And did this while likely playing on an injury for the last couple weeks of the season)

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Even when the winger is age 21? And nearly had 60 points playing for a coach who benched him quite a bit?

(And had a 69 point pace since the start of December, huh, that's the same as Granlund)
(And did this while likely playing on an injury for the last couple weeks of the season)

What was Granlunds point pace since December, let's see those arbitrarily picked stats as well.

Oh he had 55 points in 59 games! A 76.4 point pace! (And did this while being less than 100% at the end of the season and going on a 5 game pointless drought)

NickLidstrom

Ottawa & Detroit fan
Dec 1, 2013
Umeå
Is Drouin's value significantly below Hall's? Because most of the players mentioned here are less valuable than Larsson. (Eg. Ellis, Dumba, Tanev)

I think Drouin is getting seriously underrated here. Tbh in a vacuum he's worth Karlsson. Won't happen, same way Hall couldn't fetch a Subban level player, but some of these offers are insanely low.
You have to be joking.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
how would tampa fan feel about

sergachev + 2nd for drouin?

sergachev being draft exempt is a huge +

Last edited:

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Replace 2nd with Juulsen or McCarran?

we are very short on Dman prospect, so an addition is a no go for sure, im not super high on McCarron and i'd rather trade a prospect we havent draft cause this trade could already hurt!

i'd personnaly wouldnt mind changing the 2nd to this years 1st but i kinda dont see the organisation pulling this since they are kinda realy high on sergachev!

but i'd do Sergachev + 1st

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Automatically lose one of them to LV.

No interest in Vatanen. Theodore did his value no favors this year. Easy pass

really? still only 21 and learning how to play defense (what D isn't at 21?) but 5 points in 3 playoff games is hurting his value? ok then.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Automatically lose one of them to LV.

No interest in Vatanen. Theodore did his value no favors this year. Easy pass

Theodore is exempt. And I think Vatanen is better than some of the guys that have been discussed in this thread, most notably Dumba.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
really? still only 21 and learning how to play defense (what D isn't at 21?) but 5 points in 3 playoff games is hurting his value? ok then.

I didn't say he has no value, I said he hurt his value. He looked like a stud last year and like less of a stud this year is all

Don't cherry pick stats. Drouin looked like a God in his playoff debut

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
we are very short on Dman prospect, so an addition is a no go for sure, im not super high on McCarron and i'd rather trade a prospect we havent draft cause this trade could already hurt!

i'd personnaly wouldnt mind changing the 2nd to this years 1st but i kinda dont see the organisation pulling this since they are kinda realy high on sergachev!

Juulsen and Mccarron address organizational needs for us, but I would do Serg+1st.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I didn't say he has no value, I said he hurt his value. He looked like a stud last year and like less of a stud this year is all

Don't cherry pick stats. Drouin looked like a God in his playoff debut

Not cherry picking just giving facts. You made a subjective statement based on what I don't know so I countered it. Theodore is like any other 21 year old still learning the game and he has had his good moments and bad but to say he has taken a step back is just unsupportable at this point. He'll play in this league for the next 10-12 years just based on his offense alone. Once he gains some muscle watch out!

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL

You have made an offer for Drouin that I actually want. You have done the impossible.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Not cherry picking just giving facts. You made a subjective statement based on what I don't know so I countered it. Theodore is like any other 21 year old still learning the game and he has had his good moments and bad but to say he has taken a step back is just unsupportable at this point. He'll play in this league for the next 10-12 years just based on his offense alone. Once he gains some muscle watch out!

His potential is factored into his value. He did not do as well this year as last year, which effects his value. It's not really arguable. If he contributed over a full season how he did last season he wouldn't be available.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
His potential is factored into his value. He did not do as well this year as last year, which effects his value. It's not really arguable. If he contributed over a full season how he did last season he wouldn't be available.

Except in the minds of a few posters on a hockey trade board I doubt that he is available short of a very compelling offer.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Theodore is exempt. And I think Vatanen is better than some of the guys that have been discussed in this thread, most notably Dumba.

Vatanen is a 26 yo Dman. Dumba is 22yo. Who do you think will be a better player in 4 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad