Confirmed with Link: Drew O'Connor re-signed, 2x925k

Zbynek

Jarry friggin sucks dude
Jun 6, 2011
Madrid, Spain
I dont think you do. it has to be a ARB award to open a buyout window.
Nope

Clubs are permitted to perform a buyout outside the regular period during the 48 hour period beginning on the third day after the final of [CBA 13(c)ii]:
  1. Settlement of the Club's final arbitration case, or
  2. Receipt of the Club's last arbitration award

So, 3 days + 48 hours from today at 9am est or whenever the settlement went through.

Reactions: barriers

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Ok. Never understood why everyone thinks the world of this guy, but it’s a cheap contract I suppose.

When you're wandering in the desert, even a muddy puddle seems like an oasis.

He's probably this team's best and most consistent producer and home grown prospect since Blueger. That should tell you everything about the state of this team

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Doc, schmock. Big deal.
Little fish signing...
Arbitration, heh...

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
It's the final countdown!

Also, yeah, nice for DOC. Keep on trucking soldier.

• Wow
Reactions: LOGiK

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If Dubas doesn’t use the buyout window, he either has a trade of substantial $ going out or he knows that Jeff Carter or someone is going on LTIR…with $3.2M over I can’t see him nibbling around the edges to waive a goalie, Ruh, Nylander etc…for one, it wouldn’t be enough and secondly, they’re forcing themselves to play with a shortened lineup

Reactions: Giskard

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
About 100k more than I hoped, but not too unexpected

We got Ty Smith for about 150k lighter than I expected so it all pans out.

If Dubas doesn’t use the buyout window, he either has a trade of substantial $ going out or he knows that Jeff Carter or someone is going on LTIR…with $3.2M over I can’t see him nibbling around the edges to waive a goalie, Ruh, Nylander etc…for one, it wouldn’t be enough and secondly, they’re forcing themselves to play with a shortened lineup

Trade Desmith. Drop Ruh and Nylander down and you are cap compliant.

Dubas has played with a shortened line up for years.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Jeff Carter finding out that he won a deluxe all-expenses-paid trip to Robidas Island would ALMOST make up for this utter shit offseason.

Reactions: Andy99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad