Player Discussion Drew Helleson

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
If there are some cap dumps with a year left, Ducks should take a look at adding one or two if they come with an asset attached to fill out the lineup with some vets to insulate the kids and make them earn spots. It would be great if they could add a few more mid-round picks (or even a 1st if a team gets desperate) in the next two drafts.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
With Guhle I remember thinking if he can't crack Buffalo's defense, how is going to crack our defense (at the time). I thought he's looked decent in his short stints up here this year, haven't seen a lick of him at the AHL level and injuries have somewhat hindered his development.

Here's what I recall of Guhle since he's been here. He looked very good to start with the Ducks, playing next to Fowler, iirc. Then he got injured and lost confindence in his game. The following year, he got injured again for longer periods as he only got in 32 AHL games last year. This year, he's been injured again as he's played in only 32 AHL games and 5 NHL games. His development has been hindered severely due to him being injury prone.

I think he's still got some promise in his game b/c of his speed, but it all depends on if he can just stay healthy long enough to develop some consistency in his game to grow from.

Now, there is a big problem, though, and it's with our current AHL coaching staff. I don't get a feeling of a system down there, but more of individual effort. Maybe it takes over a season for Bouchard to implement whatever he's trying to implement down there?

Reactions: Sean Garrity

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
This one makes a ton of sense, ties to the area, Avs pretty much have to unload his cap and can pay us handsomely to take it. But he can also still eat minutes and provide a stop gap while we are looking to replenish the back end.
Why not just resign Manson at that point?

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Getting paid to take on the final year of EJ's deal, is an entirely different move from giving Manson a contract with term. But sure, we could do either of those things or even both.

If Manson proves a fit, I could them moving things around to keep him.
I cant see what ever payment we might actually receive being worth the difference in player.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I think people are forgetting that there is a minimal increase with the cap. Maybe GMPV takes a swing on some UFAs to fill in the gaps in the meantime?

If I did this correctly, this is what CapGeek has for the upcoming UFA market as of today:

You have Klingberg, Zadorov, maybe Gudbranson again? You never know.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I think people are forgetting that there is a minimal increase with the cap. Maybe GMPV takes a swing on some UFAs to fill in the gaps in the meantime?

If I did this correctly, this is what CapGeek has for the upcoming UFA market as of today:

I was wondering if Seattle could go of Fleury. He and Drysdale weren't ideal but decent enough I guess.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I was wondering if Seattle could go of Fleury. He and Drysdale weren't ideal but decent enough I guess.
They were good together. I was thinking the same thing just because Fleury didn't or doesn't fit in Seattle doesn't mean he's a bad player, Jamie and him played well together.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

Zadorov's one I've wondered about, that could line up. I also wonder, if he is gonna dip in the FA pool, if he takes a big swing at Palat. Doesn't really make sense but there's a major familiarity and he checks quite a few boxes.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
This one makes a ton of sense, ties to the area, Avs pretty much have to unload his cap and can pay us handsomely to take it. But he can also still eat minutes and provide a stop gap while we are looking to replenish the back end.

I posted this exact same thing a few days back. And if not him, there will be lots of other similar players available in the offseason via UFA or trade.

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
If there are some cap dumps with a year left, Ducks should take a look at adding one or two if they come with an asset attached to fill out the lineup with some vets to insulate the kids and make them earn spots. It would be great if they could add a few more mid-round picks (or even a 1st if a team gets desperate) in the next two drafts.
Tyler Myers? 2 years though.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

Weird looking dude, looks like he should be in a comic or something :laugh:

Reactions: Kalv

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad