Kings News: Drew Doughty is a Norris Finalist

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yay!

No surprise really, but DD is a finalist along with Erik Karlsson and Burns.

The Internet looks exactly like you would expect it to in following.

Do yourself a favor and stay far far away from insanity :laugh:

Congrats Drew! Kings were clearly top heavy this year and it showed, but his performance masked our issues.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I could actually see Burns eating DOughty's votes to be honest. You know none of the east coast writers are going to pick Burns over Karlsson but they might over Doughty while the west coast writers split.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Would not be surprised one bit if Karlsson is the first ever Defensmen not in the playoffs to win the norris. Karlsson droolfest among these voters are pathetic.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Fun fact:

Just went back over a decade and Doughty's shot differential of 541 (regular season--got the numbers wrong a bit earlier and included playoff games) is the highest in a decade of data (and likely more given the pre-lockout and dead puck era, but can't dig it up). The next closest was Datsyuk in 2008 with 533, but even then his closest teammate, Zetterberg, was only 8 behind him. Doughty's closest teammate this year was 116 behind him (and that was his closest competition in the league in general--if you look to ANOTHER team, his closest competition is 197 behind him).

That 116 SAT gap is HUGE since most years the top guys are separated by single digits.

Edit: closest I see is Keith with a 54 SAT lead on Sharp in 2010. and that's massive enough given that the other ones I see are predominately single-digit differences and none more than 20. Doughty literally more than DOUBLED that difference.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Fun fact:

Just went back over a decade and Doughty's shot differential of 541 (regular season--got the numbers wrong a bit earlier and included playoff games) is the highest in a decade of data (and likely more given the pre-lockout and dead puck era, but can't dig it up). The next closest was Datsyuk in 2008 with 533, but even then his closest teammate, Zetterberg, was only 8 behind him. Doughty's closest teammate this year was 116 behind him (and that was his closest competition in the league in general--if you look to ANOTHER team, his closest competition is 197 behind him).

That 116 SAT gap is HUGE since most years the top guys are separated by single digits.

Edit: closest I see is Keith with a 54 SAT lead on Sharp in 2010. and that's massive enough given that the other ones I see are predominately single-digit differences and none more than 20. Doughty literally more than DOUBLED that difference.

Pshhh. I don't care. What's his Corsi-rel?! And his shot suppression! Those are the only things that matter besides points!

Hatter

Microagression King
Jul 9, 2004
Northern Idaho
Can a photo shop guru make me a we three kings wallpaper ? Kopitar quick and doughty with the words selke, norris, vezina

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
I must be a bitter old grouch because I'm having a hard time getting excited for any of these nominations after the way they ended the season.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
I must be a bitter old grouch because I'm having a hard time getting excited for any of these nominations after the way they ended the season.

The personal awards are a curse.

Doughty, Kopitar, Quick are finalists.

And then the Hawks with Kane and the Art Ross. Panarin's getting the Calder.

Both teams out in the first round.

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
I could actually see Burns eating DOughty's votes to be honest. You know none of the east coast writers are going to pick Burns over Karlsson but they might over Doughty while the west coast writers split.

Remember that they don't vote again on the 3 finalists they already know the winner. They are just announcing the 3 players that got the most votes.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Remember that they don't vote again on the 3 finalists they already know the winner. They are just announcing the 3 players that got the most votes.

Oh, I'm aware it's already taken place. I just think this is a possibility.

Nizar

Mar 4, 2013
Uh oh.

the_funniest_selection_of_meanwhile_in_memes_640_190.jpg

I hope he wins it. Sens fans meltdown would be fun to watch.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
To be fair a lot of the EK supporters recognize it's between him and DD and that they've been neck and neck all year.

Meanwhile many Burns supporters ignore that Burns had a miserable first half and just completely dismiss Doughty as a possibility because 5v5 p/60 only.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad