Rumor: Dreger says Ducks Talking to Pens/Leafs/Philly (blueliner)

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I'll pack Niskanen's bags. or like engelland's but i doubt they want him

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Agreed. Kind of doubt he's the young forward the Ducks want to part with though.

We would definitely have to add, but he is a player i'd have no problem adding

Like you said though, have a hard time seeing the Ducks moving a player like Etem after them dealing Ryan away this past summer

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Heard LeBrun say this as well...

Dreger - Anaheim Ducks GM Bob Murray is looking for a defenceman and its believed Toronto, Pittsburgh and maybe Philadelphia are involved. They want a young defenceman and may give up a young forward in return.

http://www.tsn.ca/story/?id=433379

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I don't want to give Despres up. Send Nisky and make it relatively cheap.

To get a player like Palmieri in the system we'd need to give up Despres. We're not getting anything near Palmieri for Niskanen.

I'd consider it. The needs align and they're similar prospects at similar points of their development.

penguins2946*

Palmieri for Despres makes so much sense on so many levels. Maybe Pens throw in Jeffery as well.

alcanalz

whys and wherefores
Nov 3, 2009
I don't like it. I'm big on Despres still and I'm comfortable with our winger situation as it is.

Sooner or later we'll need replacements for Kunitz and Dupuis but we'll worry about that when the time comes. I personally wouldn't give up Despres for KP, although he certainly is an intriguing young player.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I don't want to give Despres up. Send Nisky and make it relatively cheap.

If you have a chance at landing a stud like KP, then you have to take it IMO. Nisky stays on the roster this season. Any of Maatta, Dumoulin and Harrington replace him next year.

I'd have no problem with that.

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
Heard LeBrun say this as well...

Dreger - Anaheim Ducks GM Bob Murray is looking for a defenceman and its believed Toronto, Pittsburgh and maybe Philadelphia are involved. They want a young defenceman and may give up a young forward in return.

http://www.tsn.ca/story/?id=433379

Despres for Silfverberg or Etem? :sarcasm:

or maybe GMRS uses voodoo to talk them into sending us Gibson... a man can dream.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
If you have a chance at landing a stud like KP, then you have to take it IMO. Nisky stays on the roster this season. Any of Maatta, Dumoulin and Harrington replace him next year.

I'd have no problem with that.

Orpik ---> Bortuzzo
Niskanen ---> Dumo

That's over 6M in 2 players replaced by 2 cheap guys who can do the job good. Maatta can go to WBS next year. Harrington takes over for Martin.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
You think they'd give up KP for Despres?

I love KP, but Despres better not be moved unless it's for the SilverSurfer.

I'm too high on Despres to want to see him moved for anything short of a can't miss prospect back.

If Shero got KP for Nisky and a third/mid level prospect/Jeffrey he'd be a god.

Just dreaming a little dream though.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
All for it.

Who i like from the Ducks: Palmieri, Etem, Smith-Pelly

Any of them would be nice additions.

Highly doubt they'd shop Silfverberg after just getting him in the Ryan deal.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Where do people even think Palmieri or any new forward would fit in the lineup? Realistically, with Bylsma being Bylsma.

Niskanen, Jeffrey and Glass.

I doubt the Ducks move KP. That's fantasyland.

They need an experienced stop gap guy with those injuries. That is Nisky, but he is a UFA.

You are looking at an unproven guy with warts... Holland or Noesen maybe.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I love KP, but Despres better not be moved unless it's for the SilverSurfer.

I'm too high on Despres to want to see him moved for anything short of a can't miss prospect back.

If Shero got KP for Nisky and a third/mid level prospect/Jeffrey he'd be a god.

Just dreaming a little dream though.

I dunno. KP is as NHL ready as Despres. And I think both have similar upsides at their respective positions. Both could be stars in this league.

If Shero can snag a quality D-man who isn't waiver eligible in addition to KP, I think that's a win.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Where do people even think Palmieri or any new forward would fit in the lineup? Realistically, with Bylsma being Bylsma.

Niskanen, Jeffrey and Glass.

Knowing Bylsma....

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Jokinen-Malkin-Neal
Palmieri-Sutter-BB
Glass-Adams-Kobasew

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I dunno. KP is as NHL ready as Despres. And I think both have similar upsides at their respective positions. Both could be stars in this league.

If Shero can snag a quality D-man who isn't waiver eligible in addition to KP, I think that's a win.

I love KP, but the Pens need Despres' skill and his size as well.

It's a moot point I feel anyway because like I said above, the Ducks need a proven guy now to step in while their injured guys are on the mend.

Just shipping out Nisky and making room for Despres, while clearing cap space is a big win in my books.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Philly? Who would they offer up?

I thought that Philly needed defensive prospects as well. I always hear their fan base complaining about how Homer never drafts defensemen.

With our situation and glut of quality defensemen we seem to be the best fit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad