Recalled/Assigned: Drazenovic gets called up

HoldFast13

DESTROY!!!!
Oct 23, 2010
Columbus OH
I listened to alot of the Falcons games during the lockout, seems like he was able to put the Falcons on the board in some clutch situations. Tied for scoring with JAM.

bizzz*

This guy from Finland must be really powerful. He hasn't arrived yet, but the Jackets already have 2 of his late rounds draft picks on the roster.

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
This can't be good news about Atkinson. I think Shawn Mitchell reported today that he had a setback.

Not sure but wasn't it a high ankle sprain? If that's the case he will probably feel it the rest of the year especially given the compact nature of the schedule. I hope he/they take enough time to make sure all that happens are tweeks and not a full blown re sprain. He isn't going to be "whole" til next year.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Drazenovic has been playing well in Springy and deserves the call-up.

Cam shouldn't play until he's absolutely 100%. Playing at 95% can just lead to further injury and long-term problems. I'm sure he wants to play, but the Jackets need him healthy next season not having surgery.

arudick

Jan 31, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
It's a good move, but obviously it comes with some concern about Cam. People are addressing it here nicely though. I'm sure he knows it too. Not playing at 100% will only do more damage. The key for an injury like that is rest and no stress on it till it's back to normal. Heard some good things about Drazenovic though!

candyman82

Mar 29, 2012
Fredericksburg, VA
Not sure but wasn't it a high ankle sprain? If that's the case he will probably feel it the rest of the year especially given the compact nature of the schedule. I hope he/they take enough time to make sure all that happens are tweeks and not a full blown re sprain. He isn't going to be "whole" til next year.

But Bettman said they would make the players whole!

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Well to state the obvious, it probably wasn't him.

At any rate, good for the kid.

People can use the phone Blah.... It's not as though JD and JK are strangers...

Do you really think JD called up this kid without running it by JK? Perhaps JD asked Howson as he was packing his car...lol

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
It's better than calling up Joey to sit in the press box and eat popcorn.

It's a rather long road trip, and if something happened to another forward if Cam can't play, they would need to call up someone from Springfield - all the way across the country.

Getting flights from the east coast to the west coast can be challenging due to the limits a lot of airports have on landing after 10pm due to local noise ordinances.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Let's give all the better kids in Springfield a cup of coffee so we'll know what we've got heading to the trade deadline.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Let's give all the better kids in Springfield a cup of coffee so we'll know what we've got heading to the trade deadline.

With the points they're putting up its definitely worth a shot, let's say one outta 5 sticks. I'm excited to see what he can do, Chaput and Kubalik.

Nikita Filatov

Jan 3, 2009
Columbus
Yes!! Draz has potential to become a good third/fourth line energy player who could pot a few. His defensive game is not something that will hold him back either.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
People can use the phone Blah.... It's not as though JD and JK are strangers...

Do you really think JD called up this kid without running it by JK? Perhaps JD asked Howson as he was packing his car...lol

Actually I think our assistant GM made the call. I'm not even sure JK has even signed his contract yet. It really doesn't matter, but, yes, I fully believe that JK really doesn't care who got called up as long as they won't get exposed on the way down. He just got our scouting reports. Do I think JK was notified? Uh sure.

Really doesn't matter, but this one didn't need JK to execute.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Trade deadline, offseason, future... whatever.

I agree though that it's not a bad thing, in a year when they're trying to figure out who should play with whom, to try out as many combinations as possible, even for short stints.

HoldFast13

DESTROY!!!!
Oct 23, 2010
Columbus OH
Here's what Mike Kelly had to tell me about Drazenovic

Mike Kelly ‏@MikeFalconsAHL

@Holdfast13 Drazenovic is great at both ends of the rink. Excellent on face-offs. Very deserving of the call-up!

stickguy

Jan 20, 2013
Here's what Mike Kelly had to tell me about Drazenovic

Mike Kelly ‏@MikeFalconsAHL

@Holdfast13 Drazenovic is great at both ends of the rink. Excellent on face-offs. Very deserving of the call-up!

Has played well and another Falcon that won't hurt you in either end of the ice. They will miss his offense in Springfield this week-end over a 3 game home-stand.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad