Injury Report: Drake Batherson Ankle Injury

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Have people not been watching our national soccer (football) team? They were once a joke. And soft and could be bullied by the South Americans.

Now they are the bullies. Millan, Atiba and the rest. They have been pushing the South Americans around. And they are in first place.

Get close to Milan or Alphonso and see if your ass isn't handed to you. See how quickly Hurdman will put Piette and others on and then watch ankles get taken out.

A bit of Broad Street Bullies is needed. Hand opponents their lunch.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Have people not been watching our national soccer (football) team? They were once a joke. And soft and could be bullied by the South Americans.

Now they are the bullies. Millan, Atiba and the rest. They have been pushing the South Americans around. And they are in first place.

Get close to Milan or Alphonso and see if your ass isn't handed to you. See how quickly Hurdman will put Piette and others on and then watch ankles get taken out.

A bit of Broad Street Bullies is needed. Hand opponents their lunch.
Never noticed the Canadian team taking shots or fighting anyone.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Players dont beat up goalies. Retribution sure but after another star. Tkachuk pounding Dahlin would have been terrific.
In a case like this…you go after the goalie. Even if you don’t get through to him it get a lot of good licks in. Then you go after the star players.
This is unfinished now and is in the history books as a non reaction.

Beech

Cicc' a porta
Nov 25, 2020
Never noticed the Canadian team taking shots or fighting anyone.
watch Mexico/Canada again. See the incident at the corner kick. The Canadian player stood his ground. The Mexican tried to push him away. See what happened afterwards.

Watch the last 2-3 games. See the pushing and shoving. And the swarming. All the shit they use to do to us, we do to them and in spades.

This Canadian team has not backed down, so much as 1 inch. South and Central American teams are notorious for intimidation. They will push and bump you with their chest like bulls...See what has happened.

Had MEXICO ESCALLATED ANY FURTHER in Edmonton in November, THEY WOULD HAVE LEFT THE FIELD IN BANDAGES. Canada 1st in their group.

We bring them here in November and January, we freeze their balls off and then stand our ground when they bully. Then we bully back. Milan has been a bull in nets. Elbows and knees will fly at anyone who comes close. Any hard tackles at Canadian players is met in-kind.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm not going to make sweeping generalizations on our total team toughness based on one incident.

Would I have liked to see someone fill Dell in? Sure.

It didn't happen - whether because DJ was warned by the ref, or they didn't want to hurt a goalie, or whatever.

That doesn't mean that our team is full of cowards and no one can be physical.

It's disappointing but it doesn't mean we have to go out and sign Ryan Reaves. I need more data.

Reactions: DrakeAndJosh

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I'm not going to make sweeping generalizations on our total team toughness based on one incident.

It didn't happen - whether because DJ was warned by the ref, or they didn't want to hurt a goalie, or whatever.

It's disappointing but it doesn't mean we have to go out and sign Ryan Reaves. I need more data.

I think the Sabres have more team toughness than us … we’ve got Brady who we don’t want to fight and Watson. Our future D projects to be pretty soft without Klevin. Upfront Brady and Watson hit guys hard … the rest don’t intimidate anyone. It’s a problem… if that Buffalo game is a series we just won game one and lost the series.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think the Sabres have more team toughness than us … we’ve got Brady who we don’t want to fight and Watson. Our future D projects to be pretty soft without Klevin. Upfront Brady and Watson hit guys … the rest don’t intimidate anyone. It’s a problem… if that Buffalo game is a series we just won game one and lost the series.

There's no point building a team that can raise hell in the playoffs when we're miles away from making them.

Toughness isn't as hard as skill to acquire.

Our team is big and fast. Guys like Paul, Formenton, Grieg are no joke. Let's not veer off the road here because of one freak incident.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
There's no point building a team that can raise hell in the playoffs when we're miles away from making them.

Toughness isn't as hard as skill to acquire.

Our team is big and fast. Guys like Paul, Formenton are no joke.

Toughness who can play in your top 9/4 is hard to find.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
In a case like this…you go after the goalie. Even if you don’t get through to him it get a lot of good licks in. Then you go after the star players.
This is unfinished now and is in the history books as a non reaction.

Mountain, meet mole hill.

Seriously, what was the team supposed to do? Go Bertuzzi on Dell? There was what, like one opportunity to maybe accidentally on purpose truck him that they didn't take? Dell ran away from another.

If you start intentionally just running the goalie you're going to get suspended and start an arms race that probably ends up with Murray injured since he's made of glass.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
watch Mexico/Canada again. See the incident at the corner kick. The Canadian player stood his ground. The Mexican tried to push him away. See what happened afterwards.

Watch the last 2-3 games. See the pushing and shoving. And the swarming. All the shit they use to do to us, we do to them and in spades.

This Canadian team has not backed down, so much as 1 inch. South and Central American teams are notorious for intimidation. They will push and bump you with their chest like bulls...See what has happened.

Had MEXICO ESCALLATED ANY FURTHER in Edmonton in November, THEY WOULD HAVE LEFT THE FIELD IN BANDAGES. Canada 1st in their group.

We bring them here in November and January, we freeze their balls off and then stand our ground when they bully. Then we bully back. Milan has been a bull in nets. Elbows and knees will fly at anyone who comes close. Any hard tackles at Canadian players is met in-kind.
So are you saying the Senators don’t push or shove

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I remember the game brawl against Montreal. We need that kind of toughness on this team.
IIRC White was giving it to Latendresse the game before. The next game White slashed Smith and a brawl ensued. Amazing game. They got destroyed physically and on the scoreboard

Reactions: Cosmix

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015

Actions speak louder than words though.

and for all this posturing about being tough and hard to play against and identity. In their first big test they came out looking pathetic.

Remember when Carkner jumped Boyle and received a 5 minute penalty in a playoff game? And that was just because Boyle noogied Karlsson. That team didn't give a f***.

But this team does nothing in meaningless game on a 100x dirtier play? I bet other teams make sweeping generalizations and Ottawa just came across as a team that will be pushovers when you take liberties on their star player.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
3 game suspension for Dell is silly. He probably only plays 1 of those games anyway. Should have been 6...due to his position.
That’s 3 game checks which is the real punishment.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
No man it really isn’t. The outcome of the hit was an awkward landing, nothing at all like being crushed from behind into the boards where the expected result is a crushing blow.

It was a cheap hit, but he hardly needs to be run out of the league, or beaten to a pulp. Chabot was run awkwardly into the rounded turnbuckle in a cheap last minute shove as well.

These plays happen and penalties are assessed, and in this case a suspension, but let’s not go overboard here. I remember Watching Grieg cross check Dubois in the face in pre season and getting two games, waaaay worse of an aggressive act, and yet he wasn’t destroyed on the ice and banned from the league either, and Sens fans love the guy.

we agree to disagree.
It was a grotesque cheap shot on an unsuspecting player travelling at high speed in an extremely dangerous area.
He literally went flying into the boards full speed out of control, now he’s out for possibly the year.

they should have beat the shit out of him.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Actions speak louder than words though.

and for all this posturing about being tough and hard to play against and identity. In their first big test they came out looking pathetic.

Remember when Carkner jumped Boyle and received a 5 minute penalty in a playoff game? And that was just because Boyle noogied Karlsson. That team didn't give a f***.

But this team does nothing in meaningless game on a 100x dirtier play? I bet other teams make sweeping generalizations and Ottawa just came across as a team that will be pushovers when you take liberties on their star player.
Remember a couple of games ago, Brady pounded the guy, at the end of the game.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Ah OK. Then it has some bite at least. Good to know. Thx.

I think it applies only if he is on the NHL team. If he goes to the minors, he might not have to serve the suspension and lose the salary. Does anyone know the rules?

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I think it applies only if he is on the NHL team. If he goes to the minors, he might not have to serve the suspension and lose the salary. Does anyone know the rules?
If he goes down , then has to sit when comes back up
Buffalo will keep him up I think

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Remember a couple of games ago, Brady pounded the guy, at the end of the game.

Yes Brady can handle the fighting side of the game. Who else can and is willing? Watson can but he is not a strong fighter. Brown does not appear to have the fighting skills. Sanford seems to avoid it.

I prefer players who can handle themselves well in a fight and play a tough physical game too without being a defensive liability. Guys like Neil, Wilson and Reaves. Brady can too but , as with Chara, I don't want him as a top player to break his hands fighting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad