Sportsnet: Draisaitl: Of course we can beat that team. There’s no question about it

Were Draisaitl comments after the game:

• Total voters

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
What else is he supposed to say
:dunno:

We need to be better, we need to work harder to beat that team, tons of stuff could be said besides, yeah of course we can beat the team that has been in 1st place virtually all season and has beat us 6 out of 7 games.

It's the "of course" part that gets me. It's disrespectful TBH.

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
We need to be better, we need to work harder to beat that team, tons of stuff could be said besides, yeah of course we can beat the team that has been in 1st place virtually all season and has beat us 6 out of 7 games.

They've literally beat us once this season, so of course they can beat our team.

What a pointless thread...

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other

I agree it's disrespectful and probably meant to be so, but first off he's not wrong, they can beat us, it's hockey, but what I find funny is the way he low key said they are a better team than us: “It’s a good team — we’re a really good team."
That's utter malarky
End of the day it sounds like he's butt hurt and sulking so personally I like that he said it

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
That is nothing? If he doesn't believe it, I wouldn't want him on my team.

Believing it and doing it are two different things though.

Isn't he saying in effect the Leafs are not as good as we are? He says they (Leafs) are good but he also says of course we can beat them, inferring that the Leafs are an inferior team to the Oil. Leon is saying man for man the Leaf's should not be beating the Oil.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
They've literally beat us once this season, so of course they can beat our team.

What a pointless thread...

Your reply is pointless. :)

So they win once in OT and they are utterly confident that they can beat us? You lose 6 out of 7 games and you are confident you can beat a team? Wouldn't logic dictate that if you lose 6 out of 7 games, you shouldn't go into the next game with the Leafs confident you can beat them? What gives you confidence you can beat the Leafs? One win? The Leafs have a .857 winning percentage against the Oil this year and Leon is confident they can beat us? We have 13 out of a possible 14 points vs them. They are the reason why we are in 1st place and they are confident they can beat us? . One win? One? One win? ONE. One win.... ONE....

Are there any Leaf fans that are confident going into a game vs Ottawa that we can beat Ottawa? or Winnipeg? We've beat both of those teams but are we confident we can beat them? Hopeful maybe but confident?

Oscar Peterson

Jun 27, 2015
Your reply is pointless. :)

So they win once in OT and they are utterly confident that they can beat us? You lose 6 out of 7 games and you are confident you can beat a team? Wouldn't logic dictate that if you lose 6 out of 7 games, you shouldn't go into the next game with the Leafs confident you can beat them? What gives you confidence you can beat the Leafs? One win? The Leafs have a .857 winning percentage against the Oil this year and Leon is confident they can beat us? We have 13 out of a possible 14 points vs them. They are the reason why we are in 1st place and they are confident they can beat us? . One win? One? One win? ONE. One win.... ONE....
Wouldn't logic dictate that you shouldn't get worked up about what an opposing player says in his post game interview?

Also hate to break it to you, if you understand what the word "can" means then one win does mean that they can beat us.

If we were to face Boston in the playoffs again and we lose in game one, would you rather Matthews say "we can beat this team" or "we can't beat this team"???

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Wouldn't logic dictate that you shouldn't get worked up about what an opposing player says in his post game interview?

Also hate to break it to you, if you understand what the word "can" means then one win does mean that they can beat us.

If we were to face Boston in the playoffs again and we lose in game one, would you rather Matthews say "we can beat this team" or "we can't beat this team"???

I'd rather Matthews say nothing.

It's like me saying you you of course I'm smarter, better looking and all-around more of a talented person than you. Do you find that insulting or absolute? Would you take that as an insult or say, yeah Bluelines probably has a good point? Its the two words "of course" it's so dismissive, it completely ignores the fact the Leafs are a hell of a good team, that the Leafs worked their assess off to be better in 6 games out of 7 games. It's arrogant TBH.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
The very best in the NHL year after year win about 62% of their games. That means a lot of teams can beat TOR, TBL, VGK, WSH, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad