Dragon Quest XI

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Comes out next week, September 4th.

Been getting great reviews, which everyone predicted when it released in Japan last year.

Traditional turn based JRPG action for those wanting to scratch that itch.

Sucks we don't get a 3DS version, they did some really cool things with it over in Japan.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Spider-Man took my September slot and RDR2 has my October slot and I haven't even started the second chapters in Octopath because I can't deal with JRPGs anymore...

How the times have changed! I absolutely adored DQVIII but I'm likely gonna pass on this and never even look back. It's weird how it makes me a little sad to say that....

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Spider-Man took my September slot and RDR2 has my October slot and I haven't even started the second chapters in Octopath because I can't deal with JRPGs anymore...

How the times have changed! I absolutely adored DQVIII but I'm likely gonna pass on this and never even look back. It's weird how it makes me a little sad to say that....

Start passing after THIS one!

My Backlog sucks right now as well, but DQ makes the cut for me here, it's jumping the line.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I got my mother(who is in her 70's), into the DQ series. She just finished playing 7 and 8 on her 3ds and loved them. I'll be buying this for her on Tuesday. Too bad the 3ds version isn't getting localized. Good thing she has a ps4

That's awesome!

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008

Not to encourage you to spend more of your hard earned money, but technically RDR2 is October 26th so it's really more of a November time slot.....:naughty:

member 157595

Ugh, bringing up old wounds... :(

I love, love, love the Dragon Quest series, especially V and VIII. V, in particular, is my second-favorite RPG ever made. I own all of I-IX in some form or another.

However, I really wanted a 3DS port because this would have been the game to actually get me to purchase a 3DS. At this stage in my life, the only way I can play through a very long game is gradually doing so on the go. Maybe I'll get it for PC if the port doesn't suck but who knows.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
My backlog is so stupid. I just don't have the time right now to put into this. The good thing about having such a big backlog is that by the time I make room, the game can usually be had for $30 or less.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Love the DQ series. This has been a day-one purchase for me since they originally announced it. No idea what it says about me, but I've always been a DQ guy more than a FF guy.

Reactions: OmniCube

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Can you turn the voices off?

I was looking up reviews on youtube today and yes one guy said he turned the voices off to just go with text.

What I'm going to have to look at to get it on PC is does a DQ game really need minimum 8GB of ram? I'm only running on 4GB, but I was able to buck the requirements and play Civ VI with my setup when 8 was required... or at least it initially was, double checking it again it's down to 4.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
My backlog is so stupid. I just don't have the time right now to put into this. The good thing about having such a big backlog is that by the time I make room, the game can usually be had for $30 or less.

It's a Square Enix game, they usually go on sale and have price drops pretty quickly.

The only Dragon Quest game I've played is the very first one back when I was a kid. Never really had any desire to get into it though I have emulated versions of VII and VIII kicking around. But I'll probably get this at some point since the art style has me intrigued and it's not like the market is flush with JRPG's. Reviews seem really good.

Reactions: Post Karl Malone

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
It's a Square Enix game, they usually go on sale and have price drops pretty quickly.

The only Dragon Quest game I've played is the very first one back when I was a kid. Never really had any desire to get into it though I have emulated versions of VII and VIII kicking around. But I'll probably get this at some point since the art style has me intrigued and it's not like the market is flush with JRPG's. Reviews seem really good.
Yeah. I still have such a deep love for the classic style JRPG games that are relatively rare outside of Nintendo platforms. The only game I've played was DQ VIII and I really enjoyed it. I'll definitely pick it up eventually, and I'll probably actually pick it up sooner than originally thought because I just now realized this will be on PC as well. My Switch/console backlog is much bigger than my PC backlog.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Start passing after THIS one!

My Backlog sucks right now as well, but DQ makes the cut for me here, it's jumping the line.

I thought about trading in some console games I have I don't play much more anymore but I'll just wait for it to go on sale on Steam and for a PC mod that puts in the orchestral soundtrack over the MIDI one. The composer for the franchise is great but man is he ever a dbag.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I've never played this. I'll probably wait for a sale.

Playing so many games already. Monster Hunter Generations and Fire Pro just this week.

Fifa next month.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad