Draft Talk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I seriously think Mitchel Marnnar would be a 1st overall in nearly every draft for the last while if it werent for Konnor and Jacques

Last edited:

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Does anyone have the link to where Konecny says he wouldn't want to be drafted by Ottawa?

I've read about it, but haven't been able to find the quote.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Does anyone have the link to where Konecny says he wouldn't want to be drafted by Ottawa?

I've read about it, but haven't been able to find the quote.

This is the first I've heard of this? Where did you hear this?

Is this legitimately a thing?

First I heard of it, can find nothing about it on the web. No articles, quotes, blogs. That makes me think it wasn't said.

I don't think there has been a prospect in ages who said they didn't want to got to a certain team, I highly, HIGHLY doubt that was said.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200/konecny-would-welcome-being-drafted-by-any-nhl-team-1.223268

His interview says otherwise as well

Last edited:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Jansen Harkins looks like a Murray type of player, good skater in all directions and high hockey IQ, tough to play against and he's a Left shot C where we need depth - our top 4 centers are all Right shots (Turris, Zibby, Lazar, Pageau) I guess this helps explain why we signed Leggy and want to Keep Z. Smith

HispanicAtTheDisco

Oct 17, 2014
Ottawa, Ont.
Jansen Harkins looks like a Murray type of player, good skater in all directions and high hockey IQ, tough to play against and he's a Left shot C where we need depth - our top 4 centers are all Right shots (Turris, Zibby, Lazar, Pageau) I guess this helps explain why we signed Leggy and want to Keep Z. Smith

Harkins is one of the guys I've been keeping my eye on, would love to grab him.

The other guy I really like is Merkley.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
lol that would be an extremely dumb thing to say. Definitely not true.

Pretty sure it was said tongue-in-cheek, but that's why I was looking for the quote.

Something about him and his family growing up Leafs fans.

Othello*

“I don’t know if I’m a fan… I go to their games. It’s free education to go watch them.†Lmao

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
That article was written in Oct 2014......right after Ottawa had a crappy year and missed the playoffs. I would take the comment with a grain of salt.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
I dont know if im just interpreting it differently but from what i got hes a leafs and oilers fan. I dont think hes really care if the sens draft him.

I mean if im a die hard sens fans and my family is all sens fans and im drafted by toronto i think i'd feel the same way.

I dont think its an issue at all lol

“I was Leafs growing up. At my house all my family were Leafs fans, but as I grew up I kind of moved towards Edmonton,” he said. “I’m a fan of the young talent they have there and I was rooting for them to pull through, they’re going to be a good team.”

What about the other squad in the nation’s capital? The Senators? He laughed.

“I don’t know if I’m a fan… I go to their games. It’s free education to go watch them.”

Follow Jason Menard on Twitter via @JayCMenard

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
What about Swedish-Ukrainian Q rookie of the year Dmytro Timashov? Is he still projected to go in 3rd/4th round?
90 points in 66 games. Outscored Erne and Duclaire this season. Scored 2 clutch goals today vs Oshawa.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
What about Swedish-Ukrainian Q rookie of the year Dmytro Timashov? Is he still projected to go in 3rd/4th round?
90 points in 66 games. Scored 2 clutch goals today vs Oshawa.

Looks like a good pick. It says hes 192. Maybe he'll top out at 200 pound so hes seems pretty solid. 71 assists as a LW is kinda eye popping.

Seems like a move i'd love with big upside.

Anyone watch Chris Martenet? Big kid with decent totals on the back end

Last edited:

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
90 points in 66 games. Outscored Erne and Duclaire this season. Scored 2 clutch goals today vs Oshawa.

Looks like a good pick. It says hes 192. Maybe he'll top out at 200 pound so hes seems pretty solid. 71 assists as a LW is kinda eye popping.

Seems like a move i'd love with big upside.

Anyone watch CHRIS MARTENET. Big kid with decent totals on the back end

I like Timashov in the 4th. I still have 7-8 forwards from the Q above him (not sure how he is the 17th ranked forward from the Q), but I feel like he will be gone in the third when all is said and done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad