WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
He has a good PT/game ratio.

He is 19 years old....

6ft LW

Guessing NCAA?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I don't care where these guys come from as long as they can play.

7th rounder I'd like to go to Europe though, likely to get a gem out of there vs North America at this point.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Wow, are our CHL scouts being read the riot act?

Considering we've done fairly well with the CHL recently, and there's no decernable reason to avoid it, I'm willing to assume this is just a coincidence so far in terms of where guys are on their list.

They're not going to change their fourth pick because their third was of a certain nationality.

Renegade

Jun 23, 2013
Pickering, ON
This draft is pretty obscure as a whole. I like a couple of our picks but some are pretty obscure!

No way of knowing until they fully pan out. Could become something!

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Are the Leafs jumping from the NHL to the NCAA next season??

We don't need a high end playmaker like Tkatchev when we can make a run at the Frozen Four. More meh American prospects, yes!!

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Are the Leafs jumping from the NHL to the NCAA next season??

We don't need a high end playmaker like Tkatchev when we can make a run at the Frozen Four. More meh American prospects, yes!!

Is Tkatchev out there still?

member 147413

I think a lot of this has to do with contract limits and having more time to decide on players.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Unless the kid is a top American they tend not to pan out I'd rather draft a euro

I'd rather not waste time on no pedigree American kids.

They're under the radar for a reason and the odds are stacked against them, because many of them still have to move on and prove themselves in the NCAA, then the ECHL and then the AHL and then the NHL...

Cameranesi, Toninato, Robertson, Everson, Ryan, Knodel, Pateryn, Hayes, Berry, Ruegsegger, Rau, Earl. There's very little pro upside in this group in a decade of drafting these kinds of players.

Give me more Connor Brown and Andreas Johnson type picks.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Kevin McGran @kevin_mcgran
Love that #Leafs are going with U.S. College players. Up to four free years of development before having to make a call. Right,

Tucker93

Apr 5, 2013
Ottawa
I'm just happy that we seem to be using our picks on players that can pan out to be top 6 forwards and top 4 d-men. I'm sick and tired of going after the high character third line scrubs year after year.

And Don Cherry is gonna be irate. A Swede, a Russian, and 3 Americans.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Agreed, we should pick equally irrelevant Canadian kids. Armchair GM's out in force for the later rounds.

Hard to get mad in the later rounds, basically;

Pumped about Nylander,

Didn't know much about Rinat, but seems good.

Dakota Joshua seems good from what I read.

Guys like Vesey etc though I just have no clue on and i'll leave it, but you can see it's not just "Let's draft a good fighter who can check a bit"

These later rounds, you hope it happens, only thing I can say is I hope we hit Europe for our last pick, just feel like there is better chances of a gem out there in the later rounds.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Nolan Vesey ‏@NVesey8 3m
Dream come true to be drafted by the @MapleLeafs .Thank you to everyone for the support along the way. #GoLeafs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad