GDT: Draft Day Thread 2

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
another one of those players who are far and ahead the best players point wise on their team. (jank, monahan,klimchuk,JG)

Well, Klimchuk and JG are not far ahead of their teammates...not sure if Jank was but he is not even at the top of his team.

Wabbit

Jun 22, 2013
another one of those players who are far and ahead the best players point wise on their team. (jank, monahan,klimchuk,JG)

when he was going up to the podium, they listed his height as being 6'1.5". combined with his skating, thats mighty exciting.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I have to be honest after the first round I am not all that enthusiastic about our picks. I love the way Kanzig but if he is going to be a top 4 defenseman he needs to work on his speed alot I wish we had taken Subban he is such an offensive beast. I don't mind Roy but I am sad he is the best offensive defenseman we got.

I am being optimistic about Poirie but I would have been over the moon with Hunter.

I would give us a B overall as I think all 3 first rounders were good picks but I have to admit I was hoping for more.

Last edited:

Wabbit

Jun 22, 2013
John Gilmoure a teammate of both Jankowski and Gillies, I'm sure our scouts saw a lot of this guy last season

they must see something you can't see in his numbers. hes 20 years old and only 5'11".
am i the only one scratching my head? i guess its a 7th rounder......

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Did anyone actually figure out who are 6th round pick is? Is he any good or just a waste of a pick.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
His high school stats were underwhelming. 17 games had 13 goals 17 assists. Forget the source posted it earlier, I think.

Likely a long term project.

I don't mind it, its a 6th round pick you either go with a safe guy (aka most likely a 4th liner) or you try and swing for the fences. This one is a bit of both but if a scout saw something who am I to judge.

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
Well he is bigish?

Found his stats for this year on CP

GP 17

G 13

A 17

P 30

Those are his projected college stats for next year. His real stats are as follows.

TEAM - Dexter Prep
League - High-MA
GP - 28
G - 24
A - 27
Pts - 51
PIM - 56
Hopefully they saw something when watching him that nobody else saw.

Trae

Calgary
Those are his projected college stats for next year. His real stats are as follows.

TEAM - Dexter Prep
League - High-MA
GP - 28
G - 24
A - 27
Pts - 51
PIM - 56
Hopefully they saw something when watching him that nobody else saw.

Source?

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
I don't mind it, its a 6th round pick you either go with a safe guy (aka most likely a 4th liner) or you try and swing for the fences. This one is a bit of both but if a scout saw something who am I to judge.

Turns out my source was wrong.

http://gocolgateraiders.com/news/2013/7/1/MHOCKEY_0701133406.aspx

HAMILTON, N.Y. – Tim Harrison, a forward from Dexter School, was selected in the sixth round (157th overall) by the Calgary Flames in the 2012 NHL Draft on Sunday night and he will be attending Colgate in the fall as part of the Class of 2017.

Harrison, a 6-3 forward from Duxbury, Mass., played on the top line for the Dexter School that went 21-2-4 last season and lost to Kent School in the Stuart/Corkery Quarterfinals as part of the New England Preparatory School Athletic Council (NEPSAC) playoffs.

The smooth-skating power forward played 28 games for Dexter and had 51 points on 24 goals and 27 assists last season. He is described as a physical player with skill and he is listed at 185 pounds.

"It was a great feeling," Harrison said in a story on the Flames website. "(General manager Jay Feaster) said that they had a couple scouts in the area that were looking at me and were very pleased by the way I'd been playing and that they decided to make me a pick and they'd love to have me out at the player development camp and they're looking forward to meeting me. I appreciated it and told them 'Thank you very much' and that I'm not going to let them down."

Ad

Upcoming events

• Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Carlton Blues @ Sydney Swans
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $3,420.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated: