GDT: Draft Day 2014 (Round 1 6/27, Rounds 2-7 6/28

RockDaRed

May 13, 2013
Richmond,VA
Need to get my doom and gloom out. I fear we're gonna draft ones that make everyone go WTF and then they basically never end up playing for the Caps

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
So ****ing glad he's not making the decisions anymore.
His day 1 work in the draft (well, he and the scouting department) was basically as good as it gets. In fact I wonder if Ted told him to draft Gustafson because he knew the market.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Renaud Lavoie @renlavoietva
Sources are telling me that the Oilers hope that Leon Draisaitl will be available when they will make their pick. #tvasports

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
Some on Draft floor are convinced the 1st pick overall is on the move and the Canucks may be the target. Still early and no sign of Tallon.

So much contradictory information.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
I just don't want it to go to Philly.

Tallon wants Ehlers. So Vancouver at 6th is probably where Tallon feels comfortable trading down.

Though I know the 3 centers + Ekblad brings it to 5th, I'm not sure there is a guarantee that the Islanders won't pick Ehlers. I'm kinda shocked though that the Islanders aren't in on it. Move up and pick a center to play behind Tavares.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@hfialkov: Panthers are keeping the pick. they are done. Philly didnt offer enuf acc to source. #FlaPanthers

"Done."

Having a hard time believing Fabbri gets past NSH & ARI. We'll see. Hopefully they're both high on Kapanen/Perlini/Fiala.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
Canucks and Panthers still talking. Van offer for 1st pick believed to be 6th, 24th and last years 1st rnd pick, Hunter Shinkaruk. #TSN

Dreger says still talking. Another guy on TSN says Tallon said he is done and is going to make the pick.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Pierre LeBrun @Real_ESPNLeBrun
Sabres GM Tim Murray says he's still trying to get another first-round pick for tonight. No luck to this point

Pounce on this BMac. Send 13, Mojo for Ehrhoff

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
I hate how pro sports need to have pre pre game and then another pre game, instead of just starting **** when they say it starts.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
@AdamVingan: New assistant Lane Lambert is here in Philadelphia as a member of the #Caps contingent. Todd Reirden and Mitch Korn are absent.

Vogelblog.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
His day 1 work in the draft (well, he and the scouting department) was basically as good as it gets. In fact I wonder if Ted told him to draft Gustafson because he knew the market.

Don't agree with "as good as it gets." Was solid tho. I always attributed the drafting to Mahoney. Guess we'll find out if I was right.

But my comment was more general... Trades, etc.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Non-stop booing of Bettman. Why does he still talk at these things?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad