Recalled/Assigned: Dowd & Gravel sent back to Ontario = Gabo & Amart ready?

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Or these guys weren't sniffing the ice regardless so get them down to Ontario for the two games against San Diego this weekend where they will stay until an injury or the Reign's playoff run ends.

Hope it is good news on the injury front but roster size is no issue at this point and Dowd/Gravel are last on Sutter's depth chart but tops on Stothers' chart.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Better to have them playing than sitting in the press box. Ontario probably misses them big time.

YAYSAY

Feb 18, 2016
Hopefully.
I'm sure they will both be in the lineup next season, they looked good while here

tsanuri

Jun 27, 2012
Central Coast CA
With us starting the first round in CA it makes it a very easy call up if needed. So why not send them down to play and if they are needed get them to wherever the team is at.

losingsand

Apr 13, 2007
Pasadena, ca
these moves make sense and i get it. But would much rather have these 2 up rather than shore and mcnabb.

bla bla mcnabb and shore have more NHL experience... bla bla... i just see more upside with gravel and dowd.

i think we know what we're getting at this point w/ shore and mcnabb.. which is a whole lotta nothin'

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
Not seeing this anywhere as an official thing yet. Would make sense, but not seeing it as of right now.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Doughty's going to be playing 47 minutes a night anyway, so no need for Gravel.

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Don't know if Gabby is ready for Thursday. Or maybe they want to keep it on the downlow??

lisa dillman ‏@reallisa 1h1 hour ago
Re Gaborik , He (DL) also said they had been shooting for this week. Obv not going to happen
Gaborik progressing tho - skated w team today

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Better to have them playing than sitting in the press box. Ontario probably misses them big time.

True. But Ontario has played rather well without them. Forbort has played well, and Leslie and Ebert took advantage of more ice time. Also, Sutter, DS kid, has played very well. He is a very good player. The Reign will Gravel and Dowd in the Calder Cup playoffs also. Who would get called up if the Kings need someone in case of injury is really going to depend on who is hurt. Mersch, Dowd, Gravel, Forbort, Schultz could all be in the mix.

Jason Lewis

Oct 4, 2011
Ontario has not been the same without Gravel and Dowd and that's pretty obvious. I think it will be good for them to be back down for the playoffs/final two games. You are talking about a 20 minute center and a 23-25 minutes defenseman in the AHL versus a healthy scratch and a 4th line C. Probably the right move.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Ontario has not been the same without Gravel and Dowd and that's pretty obvious. I think it will be good for them to be back down for the playoffs/final two games. You are talking about a 20 minute center and a 23-25 minutes defenseman in the AHL versus a healthy scratch and a 4th line C. Probably the right move.

This. We are much more complete team with Dowder and Gravel. Mersch and Backman are a bit lost without a skilled puck distributor like Dowd. You'll notice there production is down lately. Offense so much better with these two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad